Need Help! how to adjust my new 1.5" focus lens on my co2 laser cutter

Thread: how to adjust my new 1.5" focus lens on my co2 laser cutter

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default how to adjust my new 1.5" focus lens on my co2 laser cutter

Hi
    Well I bought the new lens 1.5" focal lenght and I tryed to install it, but the distance from the table should be very small (4,16 cm) and it could be a problem. Should I change the distance between the third mirror and the focal lenght or should I go whit the same distance as it was from the third mirror. And is there anything else that I should do while changing from 2,5" to 1,5 " focal lenght, or just adjust the distance from the material as 4,16cm.

I have Co2 laser cutter 80w and was using till now 2,5" focal lens

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just change the distance from the mirror to the lens.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes,
    change the distance between the third mirror and the focal length with the gauge together with machine ,

Best Regards
    Lucy
    G,WEIKE LASER
    han@wklaser.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jassk View Post
    Hi
    Well I bought the new lens 1.5" focal lenght and I tryed to install it, but the distance from the table should be very small (4,16 cm) and it could be a problem. Should I change the distance between the third mirror and the focal lenght or should I go whit the same distance as it was from the third mirror. And is there anything else that I should do while changing from 2,5" to 1,5 " focal lenght, or just adjust the distance from the material as 4,16cm.

I have Co2 laser cutter 80w and was using till now 2,5" focal lens

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there
    the different focal lens are there for the distance between the lens and the material to change for a different focal length lens you need to change the distance from the lens to the material leave the distance from the third mirror to the lens like it is. the change of the distance from the third mirror to the focal lens does not help with the result for the laser engraving. a smaller focal length lens is used to make the engraving more crisp and more detailed.
    a 1.5 inch focal length is not 4.16 it is 3.82cm
    greetings
    waltfl

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I am quite agree with waltfl .
    You need to change the distance from material to focus lens . That distance between the third mirror and focus lens will changed by the same time .
    Focus length means the distance from the surface of material to the center of focus lens . So change the location of focus lens ,lower it to a proper position in barrel .
    We use 50.8 mm lens (2" inches ) as the smallest lens for engraving . Haven't tried 1.5" inches lens ,what about its effect ?

1.5 '' inches is 38.1 mm with my calculator . Why all you guys said it is 4.16cm or 3.82 cm ? 3.81 cm will be more accurate ,doesn't it ?

Greetings ,
    Mary Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi mary lee
    ok you are damn right with the measurement and I don't know ether who brought this 4.16cm out that's why all who use this don't get the maximum engraving or cutting results. 3.81 is the right one with the 4.16 cm distance is the laser beam already much bigger because the beam is already over the maximum power zone to see how the beam actually works just think of a X or hour glass the point where both lines are closest is the maximum.
    without going in to detail the only function of all mirrors is to get the laser beam from the outlet side of the tube to the lens which are actually the only two elements who do any work. the mirror distance has nothing to do with the result on engraving or cutting .
    the smaller the focal lens to more detail you can get from the beam for instance with a 2 inch lens you can engrave a picture lets say with details like a picture with 600dpi with a 1.5 inch focal lens you get the details like a picture with 1000dpi , allways with the right dfistance from the lens to the material.
    greetings
    waltfl

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi waltfl,

Thanks for your explanation . It is quite detailed I think .
    At last do you mean this : we can get details with 600dpi with a 1.5 inch lens like a picture with 1000 dpi with a 2 inch lens ,always with the right distance from lens to the material ?

Thanks again !
    Mary Lee
    XYZ Machinery

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

that's correct.
    greetings
    waltfl