New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech

Thread: New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech

Hi all,

I want to share my story about my recent purchase of a laser cutter from XYZ-tech.
    I've been looking around the web for quite a long time (> 1 year), comparing different lasers from the Chinese market, sending emails with questions and requests for quotes to numerous manufactures until 2 months ago I decided to purchase the EXLAS X4I laser cutter from XYZ-Tech.
    Despite some of the negative news I've seen on this forum about the laser cutters from XYZ-tech it did not influence my decision to pick up the phone, sent some emails to them and have them let me convinced they provide quality.

I've ordered the Exlas 4XI 1280 (120cm x 80cm) with a 150W Reci laser tube, with the latest version Leetro MPC 6565 control system, PAD04 control panel, LaserCut 5.3 English original software & CD & USB dongle, User manual CD.
    with build in Industrial chiller CW5000 and with an extra Fume Extractor HEPA with filter & activated carbon.

I received it 2 days ago, we've unpacked it (wooden crate on metal frame), I checked for loose items .. none to be detected, unwrapped the other items, filled it up with water, and connected the power.
    Cabling is all marked and connections are done very nice.
    After 1 hour we had the machine running, we had 1 small issue with the fume extractor (needed to replace 1 small item).
    I never worked with the lasercut software, so I needed a couple of hours to figure out everything.
    and after 3 hours we were able to start cutting our first pieces !!
    The machine works fantastic as they had promised me, so I was pleased to see it running like this.
    I asked for pictures & video of this machine cutting 9mm mdf before they packed it and ship it as part of the deal.

After 2 days playing with it I can already start production, no need to say I'm quite happy with this purchase and convinced that you need to look around carefully, but for sure XYZ was a good choice for me.

Of course 2 days isn't that much, but I'll keep on posting the progress the next couple of months for those who are interested ...

regards,
    Mike.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech-p4-jpg   New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech-p6-jpg   New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech-xyz-small-2-jpg   New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech-xyz-small-jpg  

Last edited by mikevanoostende; 05-31-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Frank Wang is at XYZ isn't he?

I like Frank, he openly posts prices (one of the few people that do) and addresses complaints in public when needed.

They would certainly be a company I would consider if importing.

Thanks for the info Mike,

best wishes

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dave,

My contact was Ellie Huang : ellie "at" xyz-tech.com
    their site : CNC Router Laser Cutting Machine CNC Engraving Machine-XYZ Machinery LLC
    Her response is quite fast and prices are given easily.
    I do not know Frank.

Thanks,
    Mike.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had a big issue with my cutter .. but it has been solved very quickly !

After a couple of days there was a significant decrease in power from my lasertube, (RECI w6 130 Watt)
    In the end I still saw the Amp meter going out.. but no beam (laser was glowing)
    On friday I reported the problem to XYZ, I had to sent them a video with the control panel showing 100 watt.. and then showing the laser.
    On Saturday I was contacted that they have been talking to Reci and confirmed there was a problem with the tube, they asked me
    to break the tube and show them the pictures with the serial numbers & broken edges.
    on Sunday I received a call to tell me they already sent the new tube to my address !
    This morning (tuesday).. less than 48 hours later !! I received the new tube.
    I installed it, re-aligned the mirrors ... and its working again !!

To be honest I'm still surprised of this fast solution, in Belgium it would take ages and long discussions to get to this point.

Lets cross fingers the tube is working now for the next 10.000 hours ...

New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech-schermafbeelding-2013-06-11-om-13-51-a
    New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech-schermafbeelding-2013-06-11-om-13-51-a

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech

Hi.
    How to change language in pad04 ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New purchase and first impression of EXLAS X4I Laser cutter from XYZ-Tech

Press setup twice and choose option

CNC lasers, constructions, service

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.

How is the machine working after three years?

Thank you.

Enviado desde mi SM-T805 mediante Tapatalk