Thread: ... --- ... S.O.S

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ... --- ... S.O.S

Hi Guys ...---... O.S.O.
    I am in need of you help, like most I have purchased a Chinese laser cutter
    In the beginning this worked great.
    I build and fly model aircraft; short time back I was using the machine to cut out a new model it got half way through the pattern it was doing and it went bang..............?
    On checking the power it had tripped off for the machine.
    When I switched the machine back on there was no display, no movement in
    The X & Y axis it was dead.
    I contacted the manufacture explained what had happened, after many emails
    They explained that what had happened was when it went bang ,
    it has taken out the main control system also the laser power supply.

As the machine is about 3 years old they advised it was using the old style control
    System and this had been upgraded within the last three years to a much better
    System...........?

As this was very urgent I was decide that a new control system was needed , many more emails and a new control system came , as for the power supply I had a spare one , they sent a lot of information on fitting the new control system , the new control system has been fitted and the machine is again “ alive “ all function are working but one what ever I try : I can not get the laser to fire

I have to admit I am not very good with electrics but I can follow info when it offered as per the manufacture had offered as the machine again back on line

I have double checked all the wiring as per there instructions it . the display says
    It is working but its not, also it will not fire manually, I am at a complete loss of what to do.
    The model I was cutting was to be in completion this year and the parts are not possible to cut by hand.

Any help you guys can advise would be very gratefully received.

Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

Think logic and get a multimeter..
    If it does everything except firing there are a few things only to check:
    Does your controller send the signal to fire to your laserpower high-voltage supply?
    are all the supplies to the HV-supply ok? (230V, waterswitch etc.)
    Try to get a manual of the High-Voltage supply.. There is a way to test this "stand-alone) with just a few wires and maybe a potentiometer.

Kees

Downloads
    Uploads

Also check that the laser tube hasn't cracked/up to air, it's possible for the laser power supply to become quite unhappy if the tube fails and it's HV is floating, and could result in quite a bang like you said.

Build logs and other projects of mine: [url]http://nqlasers.com/[/url]

Company Representative Melody-gweike's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Alan,

First please check the signal lights of the powersupply to see which lights are on.
    Usually under working condition (even without laser) , the green, yellow, red lights should be all on. Since you have just changed the controlling card, if the three lights are all on but still no laser, maybe the tube is broken.

The powersupply yellow light should be on when the machine is on when no working, if even the yellow light is not on, please check the water circulation(chiller or water pump) to confirm they ar working, also please check the safety switch is at the right position.

melody@vip.163.com li@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Need Help ...---...S.O.S

Hi Guys............
    Thanks for replying.
    I have attached four attachments:
    1/ is the power supply manual.
    2/ is a JPG of the back of the power supply in the machine.
    3/ is part copy of a email to the manufacture and there reply.
    4/ is guy on youtube and he has set his laser system up as a stand alone
    But there are no details on how to do this.

I think from the machines new control system I think it’s working.

I have been thinking the best way to check this would be to set up the
    Laser power supply and laser tube as a stand alone separate from the machine as per a guy on Youtube.

To find what is not working the machine or the laser power supply or the laser tube.

But to wire this up this for me is a dark area , as I understand it there are some Very high voltages coming out of this power supply. But I think this is the only way to do this.................?
    I can follow a drawing to be able to do this but I need a drawing and the info step by step on how to do this......................?

As understand it the machines laser power supply is H-HCO2/0.8 in the manual.
    It should be 60W

Alan

I am not sure I have loaded the attachment correctly Please advise....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ... --- ... S.O.S-co2-power-supply-manual-pdf   ... --- ... S.O.S-laser-power-supply-conections-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help Needed ...---... S.O.S.

Hi Guys its me again

I can only see 2 attachments I hope these are the other 2.

Alan

Downloads
    Uploads

I know it may sound stupid but I would check that all door are closed and magnets on them are working.

I have had a few lasers in last three years and apart from one problem with a newly installed firmware all the time the laser was not firing it was an open door somewhere. And more stupidly enough for me I was trying to start guessing what went wrong after it stopped firing while all I needed to do is to make sure that all doors were closed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ozstockman View Post
    I know it may sound stupid but I would check that all door are closed and magnets on them are working.

I have had a few lasers in last three years and apart from one problem with a newly installed firmware all the time the laser was not firing it was an open door somewhere. And more stupidly enough for me I was trying to start guessing what went wrong after it stopped firing while all I needed to do is to make sure that all doors were closed.
    Hi ozstockman ,

It won't a stupid idea as some custmers doesn't know this details, and sometimes people may ignore to close the lids. To learn more knowledge will be helpful and useful when you are in trouble anyway .

Best regards,
    XYZ Machinery

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Alan ,
    Here some reasons of getting no fire for you to consult.
    1. water circulate not good
    2. check is there any alarm wires need to connect to machine if you got chiller ; water protector or switch broken --get the wires together on this switch to test again .
    3.laser power is 0 ---on panle /manue/laser set
    4.laser tube cracked or not
    5.laser power supply broken . The fans on power supply should work ; while pressing laser button , it will be get a slight cracked sound ;Install the ammeter in serials to test the current while pressing laser . No current means it is broken . This action is dangerous as HV exist need professional guidance .
    6.controller is broken . Test the voltage of signals on laser card .

Best regards,
    XYZ Machinery