Problem Full Spectrum Laser - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Full Spectrum Laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    When I add every thing together I come up with $3588 for a cnc routerparts unit
    yea if you buy his electronics but its over priced for his package deal, for good gecko g540 and motors/power supply it wont be more then $500
    if you go with other popular Chinese drivers cut that down at least $150 less, and i dont like the software that comes with shark cut3d is nothing special and only for 3d only.

it will cost you no more then $2500 to run cncrouter parts machine, now if your a cnc newb and you dont shop around for electronics sure you will get over charges. add the overpriced vectrics software and your still around $3200 and left with a way better rigid faster machine.... or build a joescnc machine that has some plastic parts but built way better then the shark.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you knock cut 3d off and go with a Gecko 540 and 3 steppers you will not save much if any but the Shark comes with cut 3d. What are you going to use for 3d cutting? I have a 48 x 96 table and also use Aspire for my cam software I use Autocad for my cad program and also run a Biesse at work. I do a lot of cutting for sign shops and a display house on my machine. I just am saying that you are not including every thing in your price.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    If you knock cut 3d off and go with a Gecko 540 and 3 steppers you will not save much if any but the Shark comes with cut 3d. What are you going to use for 3d cutting? I have a 48 x 96 table and also use Aspire for my cam software I use Autocad for my cad program and also run a Biesse at work. I do a lot of cutting for sign shops and a display house on my machine. I just am saying that you are not including every thing in your price.

what am i missing?? besides aspire does everything the lower packages do,, and the normal new person to cnc isnt jumping into 3d. i think them offering software is just their way to influence the sale price, don't buy machine based off of software, good software doesn't make a lesser machine perform better is all im saying, their is plenty free good open source software out there, even emc2 is free but i like mach3, besides their is a program called f-engrave that is also free and works well i found out.

in the end my point is don't compare prices because of software go with a better machine plain and simple. shark is ok for someone new who wanted to get everything from one place, but paid the price, be frugal find deals get your electronics and software by shopping around, personally i would get a live demo and weigh options first ( iF was a beginner), salesmen are good at what they do for sure. shark is good for wood no doubt, when my neighbor gave me demo i noticed flex in the z axis and that is my biggest pet peeve for sure, that was my real only gripe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345