Problem Full Spectrum Laser - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Full Spectrum Laser

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    No they haven't fixed my machine, they fixed it once put a new tube in it after the first one burnt out after about 70 hours(was suppose to last 1000 to 1500 hrs) They told me they would fix it for free , so I took my machine to them and had them fix it, then wrote up this stupid contact saying that basicly I was happy with them and would not say anything bad them or they would sue me, then they charged me $200 and made me sign this contract before they would give me my machine back. Then the power supply went bad and they told me tough luck we don't know you anymore.
    Basicly that last post about the BBB was to show that they didn't care or have the common decency to answer the complaint.
    that sucks, i was offered a keep quiet deal as well,

Last edited by XYZ_dude; 05-19-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You mean to tell me they sell crappy cnc routers also.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You mean to tell me they sell crappy cnc routers also.
    no some other company lol

Downloads
    Uploads

oh what company sells bad cnc routers I was just looking at the cnc shark went to a demo at Rockler hope its not them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh what company sells bad cnc routers I was just looking at the cnc shark went to a demo at Rockler hope its not them.
    well they arent bad routers just has some features i didnt want and told it didnt have issues when i asked, but those sharks are way over priced but seem ok for wood work, i would look into cncrouterparts.com

Last edited by XYZ_dude; 05-19-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bigbird, I have had a Shark CNC for the past 5 years and am pretty happy with it for it's price range. If you are interested in purchasing one and have questions just let me know and I would be happy to answer them for you..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tejaswood View Post
    Bigbird, I have had a Shark CNC for the past 5 years and am pretty happy with it for it's price range. If you are interested in purchasing one and have questions just let me know and I would be happy to answer them for you..

for the price i didnt think it was worth it at all, when i went for a demo they had on one i didnt like that the z axis had flex and that is uses plastic for the gantry. there plenty nice machines specially like cncrouterparts that are all aluminum for cheaper. anyways shark is ok if the price was down a $1k or so. and you dont need it to rigid

Last edited by XYZ_dude; 05-19-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, as an actual OWNER and USER of a CNC Shark I have more than made my money back in sales... In 5 years of some pretty heavy usage. I have replaced one step motor (under warranty) and one bearing. While parts of the gantry are made with a composite material it is Very tough stuff. My machine is still in 100% working order. Also (and I might be wrong) but for the price you are also getting a Mach 3 license and G-Code graphic software. (Mine came with Vetric) I can't speak for anyone but myself and my personal experience with their equipment but I have pushed probably over 10000 LF through that machine. Oak, Ash, MDF, Walnut and more without fail.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

welll OWNER or USER or not i wasn't impressed with the machine in person for the price, sure ok basic machine but considering the materials used is not justified by the price, that is my opinion no mater how many millions of dollars you made on yours, i dont like plastic on my machines, and mach3 and cut2d is less then $325 combined, anyways its just my opinion i didn't like it for the cost in person and im glad your happy with yours. back on subject i guess.

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought the Shark came with V carve pro and cut 3D that's about $850

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    I thought the Shark came with V carve pro and cut 3D that's about $850
    well my neighbor seems happy enough all he does is wood or software materials, i just dont like plastic parts on my machine, besides there plenty good aluminum machines on the market. shark only carries a higher price tag because its carrier by a big name retail.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default cncrouterparts

I'm sorry did I miss something, looking at cncrouterparts website all I see is kits that you have to build yourself. These kits start at 2K and go up to 4K for a standard router kits not even a pro kit. Then I see theres all kinds of things you still have to buy to get a working cnc router bringing the cost over what a complete shark cost. The shark is Steel construction not alum. and comes complete with software. Granted its a smaller table then the kits but no that much smaller, and you can upgrade the table size . So where's the advantage in getting a kit, over a ready to run machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

cncrouter parts need this stuff to complete a cnc router at what cost??

This kit contains all of the mechanical components needed for a CNC motion system, but there are still a few things needed to make a complete CNC cutting system. These are not included in this kit to allow people flexibility for different electronics, software, and cutting tools. If it's not listed above or in the plan Bill of Materials (BOM), it's safe to assume it's not included, but to be clear, these items will need to be purchased separately:
    Electronics (motors, cables, drives, power supply, limit switches, etc). Check out our Nema 23 or Nema 34 electronics kits for some great options that have been tested and optimized to work with this machine.
    Cutting spindle or router, and corresponding spindle or router mount
    Spoilboard or other workholding
    Machine legs -- the unit can be placed on a bench or on our Machine Leg Kit.
    PC
    Mach3 CNC Control Software, VCarve Pro CAM Software, Cut3D CAM Software, Aspire CAM Software, or CAD software
    Cable management. Our Complete Cable Track Kits are now available!
    Dust collection. Check out our entry on Kent's dust collection system.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yea just means u need electronics etc.. he sell those separate

Standard CNC Machine Kits | CNCRouterParts

Downloads
    Uploads

well its like I said then its cheaper to buy a complete shark ready to run, and no hassles of trying to build one .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

well its like I said then its cheaper to buy a complete shark ready to run, and no hassles of trying to build one .
    it would be $2500 w/electronics to build it and it goes together like a snap together model nothing special needed, and the shark wont come close to the rigidity as the cncrouterparts machine. NO plastic gantry parts and be 4/5 times faster rapids. or you can save even more money build one of joescnc.com machines, but if your in the market for a already put together machine by all means buy a shark i guess lol

and when your comparing the price your only thinking about the small machines that are $2900 ( 13"x31) $3999 ( 25"x25" )
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=19441

Downloads
    Uploads

Just the kit is $2000 then all the other stuff you have to buy, then the software is another 5 or 6 hundred plus the cost of shipping. When I can run down to Rockler and buy one ready to go for 2900, your kits won't come close to that price and ease.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just the kit is $2000 then all the other stuff you have to buy, then the software is another 5 or 6 hundred plus the cost of shipping. When I can run down to Rockler and buy one ready to go for 2900, your kits won't come close to that price and ease.
    your confused, these are NOT my kits lol, im merely comparing for you, that $2900 machine is small 13"x31" cutting area,,,,, the next shark size up is almost $4000 that is comparable in size. who cares about software, there plenty free usable softwars out there cut3d is cheap anyways. its only for 3d images ONLY,
    so like i said to build the other cncrouter kit its only $2500 for LARGER footprint work area compared to the shark $4k machine.
    buy the shark $4k machines still allot more money to the comparable cncrouterparts machines that will be only $2500-$2700 with software. and be a stronger more rigid machine because its not built with plastic lol

anyways not tryn to argue i don't care either way which machine you buy lol

Downloads
    Uploads

When I add every thing together I come up with $3588 for a cnc routerparts unit

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast