Need Help! Etching with TruLaser L3030

Thread: Etching with TruLaser L3030

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Etching with TruLaser L3030

Have 4kw Trumpf L3030. Notice that etching in stainless and alum is not very deep and hardly visible at all on alum. Also, ss starts out light and gets darker/deepens as it goes on. How an I make it etch any deeper/darker? Using tech tables that are factory loaded.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G.Weike Laser Factory-Abby!

Hi,

Is difficult to engrave on Metal for Co2 Laser,Esp for Aluminum. ( Aluminum could reflect he laser to the Optical lines.

Abby

Quote Originally Posted by fishpolz View Post
    Have 4kw Trumpf L3030. Notice that etching in stainless and alum is not very deep and hardly visible at all on alum. Also, ss starts out light and gets darker/deepens as it goes on. How an I make it etch any deeper/darker? Using tech tables that are factory loaded.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know Trulaser? I bet you do not. It is not Chinese cheap laser! I think you should spend more time studying the laser not advertising here!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Fishpolz, I use a L3040 it should be the same HMI as ours as Trumpf likes to keep it that way(Hopefully). If you haven't figured it out already then you can increase how deep the cut goes by changing the power(Wattage) at which its cutting. My machines default marking is set for 150 or 250 power.

You can increase the power by following these steps Production Plan or Setup-Technology Corrections-Laser Technology

if you are not using the touch screen HMI follow these instructions

Focus menu button - Press the buttons 1 1 5 1

from here you should be able to see a drop down menu with the words "Marking"

You can then see all the available options for marking in regards to frequency, power, speed, etc.

For SS I like to cut at 450

Aluminum I tend to use 450-700 depending on how detailed the etching is and how much I want it to show up. Unfortunately the 3030/3040's don't have shading configurations in them so having multiple shades of etching would be impossible unless you know someone in the technologies department at trumpf who can implement that like they have in their Etching and Marking tools!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This may be a dumb question, but you are using nitrogen to do the etching right? Its possible to etch with O2 but it will be much lighter and shallow.

Last edited by ftn869; 01-25-2013 at 01:12 PM. Reason: correction

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm working on a Trumatic L3030. I use 62 watts for engrave stainless steel, and must use O2. The other technology datas are the default.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Etching with TruLaser L3030

New to the site and new to using Lasers

Does anyone know where i might get a operators manual on pdf format for the L3040 Fibre that might have error codes in it.

Employers wont send me for training and im basically flying blind with little experience i have.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Etching with TruLaser L3030

Hi!
    Every machine have book. It will be there at your workplace.
    I never use Fiber machine, I only have experience with CO2 Trumatic L3030. But what is the error? The Trumatic L3030's controller (Siemens 840D) usually give advices for errors.