FS laser just lost a sale..... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS laser just lost a sale.....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fullspeceng View Post
    The Full Spectrum Hobby laser can accommodate work pieces of 16"x12" with a true cutting area of 9.5"x14.5".

We of course sell all sorts of models with various bed sizes. Call us and we can give you some options.
    Right, but your prices are out of my range (as a hobbyist) to get the larger size bed. I don't necessarily need a larger laser (40W is fine), but I would like a larger *area* without having to take the bottom off the laser. The cheapest option I could see on your website (the 20x12) is $6k including shipping and insurance. That's a far cry from the ~$3k for building it. If there's something I'm missing then feel free to PM me / reply ...

FSL has made the business decision to no longer sells control card by themselves so the only way to get RetinaEngrave is to purchase an entire machine from FSL.
    That makes me sad. You should probably change the web-page at Full Spectrum Engineering then, because it states that you sell the card separately. I will also make a point of posting on buildlog.net that you have changed your position on selling the retina-engrave separately, and advise Bart to take down the advert for it.

Still, it's your product and your choice; I'll just have to live without it. I know there are alternatives (lightobject have one, as do Thunderlaser. I'm a (fairly accomplished, even if I say so myself) software engineer. I'm relatively sure I can put something together to do what I want, given a halfway-decent API. When I do, of course, I'll make it open source. I've got code in gcc & gcj, in the linux kernel, and I've written my own operating system before. I'm used to giving code away.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been fiddling around with the leetro dlls, so i can write my own software interface. Initially we were just going to drop in our own controller but for a first stab i'm just going to knock out a printer driver on top of the dlls (at least for windows) its the low hanging fruit.

since we are rebuilding our own case/enclosure with a 36"x48" working area it may end up with its own controller anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FS laser just lost a sale.....

They just did it publicly trashed others lasers, were are so good and the other guys suck. Let me tell you from personal experience FSL machines suck and so do the people. Their crappy people to work with their support sucks. All they want is your money, then to bad for you if your machine breaks and it will. Don't expect much help.

FSL respects all potential customer opinions but it is unfortunate that the original poster is basing his post on opinions instead of facts (and FSL doesn't employ anyone named Walter). FSL has purchased many various types of machines in our Las Vegas showroom. Visit us and you can see with your own eyes the FSL RetinaEngrave difference side by side.

Full Spectrum's 100% USA Developed RetinaEngrave 3D Ethernet+USB controller and software is far superior to Chinese developed software and laser electronics in our opinion. Of course our opinions are just opinions but we do back them up with facts and tests.

When you receive your laser with Chinese electronics and software you will see that our statements are simply facts. If you load a large raster file such as a 20"x20" image at 1000dpi (20,000x20,000 pixels) it will take 30mins to an hour to process and download to the machine - if it succeeds at all. Just try it with a stopwatch - this is an empirical test. The power control is extremely poor on most Chinese machines and you will find that you cannot turn the power low enough to conduct vector marking on thin materials like paper without burning it up - again easily tested by yourself. The menu items are all in broken English/poorly translated Chinese.

RetinaEngrave 3D is true direct printing. You can use all the latest applications such as AutoCAD 2012, CorelDraw X6, Adobe Illustrator CS5, and even MS Word etc.

RetinaEngrave 3D produces TRUE 3D effects, raising the Z table to keep the item in focus and adjusting various power levels per image intensity.

To keep the highest quality standards, RetinaEngrave is available only on FSL sold machines.

Our evidence is in our track record: we offer all customers 100% money back guarantee on the RetinaEngrave portion of their order when purchasing our machines. No one returns it.

Come visit us and see the FSL difference with your own eyes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FS laser just lost a sale.....

there are better options for controllers out there now that leave most in the dust for $500 you can get a controller that will work every day for years and years what can do pic engrave, cutting or what ever you wont.

so you can get a cheap laser chuck the controller in the bin and replace it with the $500 one

http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12