Arcing

Thread: Arcing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arcing

Hi all!! I have a major problem with which you may be able to help. While engraving some slate today, I began hearing the sound of electricity arcing somewhere in the Laser power compartment. I have one of those inexpensive lasers from overseas. (trying to be diplomatic). It has been running really well for the last 7 months. Well, I found the cause of the arcing. It seems to be the ammeter (analog) shunt. All it says on the part is '50W50KJ'. I am going to assume that the marking are the type of shunt. It is round (like a resistor). It is 3.5 inches long and 1.125 inches in diameter. Any help in identifying this item so that I can get it replaced would be a great help.

Arcing-file0006-jpg

You can see the exit point for the arc on the part.

Milt

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there
    I got a brand new one laying around if you pay shiping then its yours I would need your adress and you can pay via paypal
    greetings
    walt

Quote Originally Posted by mondo50m View Post
    Hi all!! I have a major problem with which you may be able to help. While engraving some slate today, I began hearing the sound of electricity arcing somewhere in the Laser power compartment. I have one of those inexpensive lasers from overseas. (trying to be diplomatic). It has been running really well for the last 7 months. Well, I found the cause of the arcing. It seems to be the ammeter (analog) shunt. All it says on the part is '50W50KJ'. I am going to assume that the marking are the type of shunt. It is round (like a resistor). It is 3.5 inches long and 1.125 inches in diameter. Any help in identifying this item so that I can get it replaced would be a great help.

Arcing-file0006-jpg

You can see the exit point for the arc on the part.

Milt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much!! I have PM'd you with the information.

Milt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arcing

HI,
    I know this is a really old post, but I am completely new to this and had one of these cheap chinese machines in the shop for over a year, but could never get it to work,
    After seeing your old post I opened her up to have a look, the tube is flashing pink when I press test cut, but the tape I put on the 1st mirror does not burn and there is an arcing noise coming from behind the control panel.
    I opened that up and it is exactly the same componant as yours arcing against the chasis.

Did your cutter start cutting again when you changed the part?
    as I have no idea what I am to do next, I am in the UK and can't even find anywhere to ask
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arcing

If you didnt use this machine for a year you need new laser (glass tube) first.
    After so long time it is not working well for sure.
    HV from Power Supply seeks its way to the ground. Best is through the laser.
    If laser is dead than HV is looking for other way and may get destroyed.

CNC lasers, constructions, service