Dear god, save me from myself.

Thread: Dear god, save me from myself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dear god, save me from myself.

Hello all , New the the forums and well new to the wonderful world of laser cutting /laser etching.

However that wonderful world has been a bloody nightmare from the word go with the Chinese DIAMAN laser cutter/etcher. Hopefully the amassed wisdom here can help as I have bloody well fought like hell wit this unit.

Let me say first that I am an engineer and have dealt with other CNC equipment before. However the crazed voodoo that is a chineese laser cutter is a whole new thing.. So first the specs.

Control module is a Leetro MPC-6536
    servo controls are also Leetro boxes.
    laser is a 60w typical gas laser.
    machine code is 1-11530043
    bed size is 47X35 (inches)

Units total run time has been less than 8 hours since I got it
    shipped here from china. I did a successful alignment and was able
    to etch some simple graphics early on. however in trying to make this thing actually productive. I have somehow buggered things all to hell.

here are the things I know and the things I do not know first off is the most critical. Previously I was able to etch simple b/w graphics using the lasercut plug in for Corel 12. But now I can not engrave things anymore. More to the point, in process of engraving the laser does not fire at all. (steppers are working per normal as if it is engraving but it is not ) this is in either in engrave or graded engrave. Lasercut 5.3 gives me the same results.

However any simple line drawing will cut like a sonabi#ch I can draw and it works. Keep in mind I attempted to engrave using pictures I successfully tested before. But My fool arse went in and tried to resolve a couple other problems I was having at the time and now its bugged but good.

Some things I figured out for myself. I was able to correct the stepping so the unit cuts a perfect circle now. I have even found the proper focus with the Z access controls. Not to mention the multi hour first time project of alignment of the mirrors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated