Is there a way to upgrade the memory on a Leetro controler?

Thread: Is there a way to upgrade the memory on a Leetro controler?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is there a way to upgrade the memory on a Leetro controler?

I have a LC 1290 and want to be able to run jobs with lots of small parts in a template. I have been informed that the machine I have does not have the memory for this.

For example I would like to do runs of a few hundred dog tags at a time. I was told that I would have to break it up into more manageable size jobs which defeats the purpose of having such a large machine for these types of jobs.

I have not actually tried it yet as Im moving my laser from one location to another and need to get setup again, like I said it is something I was told by someone I trust in the industry.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am also interested in this, as I have a Leetro MPC6535 controller in my 1290, and it will not engrave a 900x900 square filled with 6mm hexes that I would dearly love to engrave/cut into a 12mm board of mdf for a wargaming table.

Here's a thought:

Is the inability to load this job into the laser a problem with the laser controller /memory, or my computer. My computer is an i7 with 32gb of RAM.

Comments and thoughts welcome.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 1290 Bec, do you have a dxf I can try on it?

dave@opticalpower.co.uk

cheers

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just a quick scribble up of 6mm hex's in a 900 x 900 grid, loaded into my 1290 fine (quite quickly)

I have no idea how much memory I have though, it's an HPC 1290 (same as the US Rabbit machines)

cheers

Dave

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI - Leetro MPC6515/6535 controllers only have 128mb on board memory.

They have not upgraded this feature - it use to be only 32mb on the earlier versions.

I keep after them about keeping in step with the advances in Windows and Corel but the board and lasercut software was developed for WinXP 32bit and Corel X4 - period - is what their response is over and over.

I cut lot of fabric, decorative window screens & wall hangings as well as multi part jobs but find it best to breakup my nesting or file into more manageable parts.

I also make sure nothing is learking in the memory buffer and only have the current project file downloaded to the board.

Hope that help,
    Vicki

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just made a 1 bit BMP file in Photoshop 1200mm x 900mm at 500ppi and it came out to around 50mb. I can't imagine why you're maxing out the 128mb using 1 bit vector artwork. My gut tells me you could restructure your file and make this work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RossMosh View Post
    My gut tells me you could restructure your file and make this work.
    It wouldn't surprise me that I have ballsed something up.

128mb is tiny when you consider the cost of memory these days though....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know, I know, I am only two years late to answer. But I assume this is bumped and maybe someone can do something with the answer.

128MB is quite a lot for vector graphics. There are a few tricks. First of all, use your CAD' software to convert curves into lines, and try to tell your CAD program to use less vectors when doing that. This can easily halve the size of you file. Try to se fonts with less lines (if it is a pure line font). Try to use arcs instead of splines where possible.

And last but not least, there is a trick to cut the size of Leetro MOL files into a third: drive the laser slooow. Try 20%, 10%, or even 8% speed. This may not be a viable solution for you, but at some point (5% at the worst), a laser cut line will no longer be seperated into acceleration-constant-deceleration, but will use only a single line command at a constant speed.

To see if this works, instead of writing directly to USB, generate a MOL file on your disk from within LaserCut and check the size. This is exactly what LaserCut copies into your machine.

Company Representative
    Downloads
    Uploads

It seems no way.

G.Weike Laser
    melody@vip.163.com li@wklaser.com skype:melody.gweike