Importing a Laser Cutter from china.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing a Laser Cutter from china.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Importing a Laser Cutter from china.

For a long time I have been meaning to buy a laser cutter to add to my tool set. The main reason for this, is to save time. For a while now I have been using my CNC mill to cut plastic parts (mostly 2D), but I am getting tried of the setup time and milling time (broken bits when cutting gears, the work moves while cutting, etc.). I even built an aluminium bed to accept 6"x6" plastics to simplify the mounting process, but it still takes time. So I am hopping that a laser cutter will be more efficient at there processes.

After researching allot on the internet I found that there are really only a few models coming from China and a few from the us. I decided to by from China since the price it extremely low. However, I was a bit concerned after reading allot of horror stories on the import process and machines coming in broken. I feel like I can fix anything, so the broken machines did not deter me, and I thought it will be nice to learn what it takes to import from china.

I started contacting several companies to find prices and to see if it will meet my requirements. Originally I was thinking of a 40W laser CO2 laser as I was mainly wanting to cut 1/4" acrylic, but found out that I will need at least 60W to do this in an efficient manner. Talked to Mandy from jcut (JCUT Cnc Router,Cutting Plotter,Laser Cutting Machine,Laser Engraving Machine chinacut@163.com) she was very helpful, and answered all my questions right away. I determined that the JCUT-3040 with the 60W laser will be perfect for me. I also wanted the honeycomb for cutting, the auto focus, the raise down platform, as well as the red dot pointer. She was able to get me a very competitive deal. So I ordered the laser. The laser arrived about a month latter.

Overall I am very satisfied with the laser. I am also very satisfied with Mandy at JCut. She was on top of everything and quickly replied to all my questions, concerns and needs. I feel very comfortable with their company. The laser cutter itself looks very well made. It was very easy to setup and worked right out of the box (see Importing a Laser Cutter). I had a great experience. My only stress came from the US brokers who waited until the last minute to check and file everything. So for a stress free import you will need to get all the ISF info beforehand and the FDA accession number. As for costs, it looks like the import fees cost me about $500. This included the duties, which the broker paid directly. This is almost the same as if I had paid about $400+ duties and got it to my door (but I am not sure if the FDA forms and the ISF still needs to be filed or not). Overall the price of the laser was much better then any of the USA companies selling the same Chinese laser. I am extremely satisfied with the laser. I have been using it for a month now, and it works flawlessly. I have saved so much time in the machining process (as opposed to the mill), and I can finally concentrate on on the design then the machining process, cleanup, etc. Projects that have been taking me days, are now taking several minutes. Its very easy to maintain (just wipe the mirrors every once in a while, and insure that water is flowing (takes about a minute). I would highly recommend buying a laser cutter, and buying it from Mandy at JCut.

I kept a detailed log of the import process on my website, as well as the setup procedures.
    Importing a Laser Cutter

Mandy's contact info (if you contact her, she will probably give you a better deal)
    Msn: chinacut@hotmail.com and wdzhangying@hotmail.com
    ebay ID: chinakzj
    Phone:0086-531-82374653

Lior.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by lelazary; 03-04-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Changed contact info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank You for the story. Finally a post that make sense and helped me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Importing a Laser Cutter from china.

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I ended up here i think like most people, reading lots of info on the www about laser engravers.
    Thanks for listing your very useful information, ill have a look at your supplier
    If any one can advise on the following manufacturers are these companies re sellers or genuine manufacturers also are they reputable selling good machines

1 / Rabbit
    2 / Laser engraving machine?Laser cutting machine from China JQLASER.
    3 / Laser engraving machine|cutting machine|cnc router|Cutting plotter|Jinan Senfeng technology co.,ltd

Regards

Kevin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to our forum
    I recently purchased a laser engraver from JQLaser (nr.2 from your list). I haven't received the machine yet.
    I have no idea if they are the resellers or manufacturers but I believe they are manufacturers since they put theirs logo on the machines.
    If you can wait some time wait until I get my machine and I will post info in this thread: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_...-jq_laser.html . I did put some pictures in there already.

Good Luck digging ;-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I am a software engineer in China, many of our customers are Laser-engrave machine maker, and I am very clear the quality and the ability of the machines they made, You can send email to me if you want advice, and I also like to give help to anyone in here.

Basically, I recommend to select a big machine maker because of the quality and service.

Also , we developed a nesting tool , it can nest dxf and dwg files and export the layout in dxf format. it can improve you material utilization.
    it is very useful even you didn't pay it. Please visit www.nestprofessor.com to get it if you want.

www.nestprofessor.com
    nestprofessor@gmail.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I am a software engineer in China, many of our customers are Laser-engrave machine maker, and I am very clear the quality and the ability of the machines they made, You can send email to me if you want advice, and I also like to give help to anyone in here.

Basically, I recommend to select a big machine maker because of the quality and service.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default laser engraving machine

Hi guys,I am a laser engraving machine manufacturer ,too.(Jinan Artsign Science & Technology Co.,Ltd ----- About Us info@artsign.com.cn).Please trust our Chinese company.

If you need any help,you can ask me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Many laser machine factories are very busy expecially after the Spring Festival. Maybe there are a lot of orders before you. So need time to wait! Anyhow good luck to you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking laser engraving machine manufacturer

Hi

Yes,we are a laser engraving machine manufacturer.

Jinan artsign science and technology Co.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thats what I thought. I should receive my machine next week.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chinacut View Post
    Hi Lior,
    Thanks for the post on the cnczone .
    I am happy to hear that you satisfy with our machine , this is the biggest confort to me , and thanks for your praise on me too , but this is my work , i will try my best to meet the demand of any of our customers, i am lucky to meet with any of my customers , so if you and others need help , do not hesitate to contact with me, remember I am Mandy from JCUT. now is the export sales manager from JCUT , all JCUT people will offer the best machine and service for all of the customers.

Our website : laser cutting machine,plasma cutting machine-Jinan JCUT CNC Equipment Co.,Ltd
    JCUT Cnc Router,Cutting Plotter,Laser Cutting Machine,Laser Engraving Machine
    Ebay ID: chinakzj

My msn: chinacut@hotmail.com and wdzhangying@hotmail.com
    email: chinacut@hotmail.com and chinacut@163.com

Mandy from JCUT
    Will relook this on friday

Last edited by ronel; 09-21-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: giving jcut the benefit of doubt for now

Downloads
    Uploads

Ronel , you can contact me in CT if you have any issues you want to discuss . I have quite a bit of tech knowledge with the machines (basically all chinese machines are the same)
    Where are you in Ct and what do you use your laser for?

I imported 2 big shenhui machines (excellent service , excellent tech support , painless import etc - a pleasure to deal with em - great machines as well).Rodney 021 592 4123. I imported a lot of spares with my machines. If your supplier can't help , mine maybe can....
    I have an 80w reci machine and a 60w "cheap" tubed machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Here's what I want, tell me what you got ...

Quote Originally Posted by chinacut View Post
    Hi Lior,
    Thanks for the post on the cnczone .
    I am happy to hear that you satisfy with our machine , this is the biggest confort to me , and thanks for your praise on me too , but this is my work , i will try my best to meet the demand of any of our customers, i am lucky to meet with any of my customers , so if you and others need help , do not hesitate to contact with me, remember I am Mandy from JCUT. now is the export sales manager from JCUT , all JCUT people will offer the best machine and service for all of the customers.

Our website : laser cutting machine,plasma cutting machine-Jinan JCUT CNC Equipment Co.,Ltd
    JCUT Cnc Router,Cutting Plotter,Laser Cutting Machine,Laser Engraving Machine
    Ebay ID: chinakzj

My msn: chinacut@hotmail.com and wdzhangying@hotmail.com
    email: chinacut@hotmail.com and chinacut@163.com

Mandy from JCUT
    Here's what I presently have my eye on, please tell me what you have that is comparable.

wklaser's LC6090 machine.

1)Laser-type: Sealed CO2 laser tube.)
    2)Laser power: 80W (optional 100-130W
    3a)Engraving area: 900x600mm
    3b) Cutting area: 900 x 600mm
    4)Whole machine size: 1360x 1010 x 1070mm
    5a)Engraving speed:
    5b)Cutting speed: 0 - 24,000mm/min
    6)Resetting positioning accuracy: +-0.05mm
    7)Working voltage: AC 110 - 220V+-10%, 50 - 60Hz
    8)Gross power: <1,000W
    9)Operating temperature: 0 - 45
    10)Operating humidity: 5 - 95%
    11)Minimum shaping character: English 1 x 1mm
    12)Graphic format supported: BMP,HPGL, PLT, DST, DXF, and AI
    13)Driving system: stepper
    14)Cooling mode: water-cooling and protection system
    15)Auxiliary equipments Exhaust-fans, air-exhaust pipe
    16)Controlling software DSP control system.
    17)Compatible software: CorelDraw AutoCAD Photoshop
    18)Gross Weight(kg) 315
    19)Net Weight (kg) 220

Cost in USD 3800

Optional Components as following:

Refrigeration(CL5000) 400
    spare 80w laser tube 350
    spare laser power 80w 350
    THE ROTARY ATTACHMENT 300
    Motorized up and down platform 200
    Red dot 100
    USB model 100

Shipping fee 400 (CIF Jax port -- but I want door to door service

Total $6000.

please tell me what you have that is most like what I want; please include prices.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Picnics4fun View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, I ended up here i think like most people, reading lots of info on the www about laser engravers.
    Thanks for listing your very useful information, ill have a look at your supplier
    If any one can advise on the following manufacturers are these companies re sellers or genuine manufacturers also are they reputable selling good machines

1 / Rabbit
    2 / Laser engraving machine?Laser cutting machine from China JQLASER.
    3 / Laser engraving machine|cutting machine|cnc router|Cutting plotter|Jinan Senfeng technology co.,ltd

Regards

Kevin
    Dear Kevin,

We are manufacture of laser machine in Liaocheng, close to Jinan. The three companies you referred are all come from Jinan, and they are manufacture.
    Contact me freely if any other questions.
    My email: sales07@raylaser.cn or raylaser06@hotmail.com
    Web: Liaocheng Xinxing Electronic Co., Ltd.

Regards
    Salley

Downloads
    Uploads

Cat Cat,

would you kindly respond to post #15; do you have any like machines?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking SCU1290 with 80W Laser Tube

Quote Originally Posted by Armis View Post
    Cat Cat,

My friend, we are manufacture of laser systems since 15 years ago in Wuhan. You know, Wuhan city is famous for its laser and foot massage, haha..

I bet you will be impressive for our configuration of that machine you listed.

Specifications: 80W
    Laser Source: Sealed CO2 Laser
    Cooling: Automatic Water Cooling System
    Work Area: (49.21×35.43 in.)1250×900mm
    Table Size: (75.60×57.87in.)1920×1470mm
    Dimensions(W×L×H): (75.60×57.87×48.03 in.)1920×1470×1220mm
    Weight: 450kg
    Drive: Step Motor Drive System
    Maximum Speed: 42 IPS (Engraving) and 24 IPS (Cutting)
    Accuracy of Repeated Orientation: ±0.0025
    Throughput: 166.3 in²/hr (1072.8 cm²/hr)
    Z-Axis Movement: Up&Down Worktable
    Transmission Way: Belt Transmission
    Speed Control: Adjustable from 0-100% of 42 IPS (Up to speed settings per job)
    Power Control: Adjustable from 0-100% (Up to 16 color-linked power settings per job)
    Resolution(DPI): Available 200,250,300,500,600,1000
    Computer Interface: Standard Printer Port and USD Port
    Memory Buffer: 128 M
    Display Panel: 4-Line LCD Panel showing current file name, total working time, laser power, engraving time, file(s) loaded in the memory buffer, setup and menus
    Safety: Class IIIR for Red Indication, Cap Protection, Huff Protection and Hydraulic Pressure Protection

Standard Features
    Auto Focus: V
    Red Dot Point: V
    Channel-type Feed: V
    3D Mood: Rotary Device (USD300)
    Honey-comb Worktable: V
    Full Formats Support: V
    Up&Down Worktable:V

Facility Requirements
    Electrical: 220V/50kHz/1kVA (As Customized)
    Power Consumption: 2200W
    Air Exhaust System: Pipes, Connection and Exhaust Fan (Included)
    Water Chiller: CW3000
    Quotation: USD 4000 FOB Shanghai

My friend, anything, just inform me. I will be here all along.

P.S I don't know how to post a form here...

Kofi

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cat Cat,

yes,dear. I think our machine RL6090 with working area 600*900, 80w can meet your requirement.
    We have distributor in America, web is www.checkmatelaser.com.

Salley
    sales07@raylaser.cn
    Liaocheng Xinxing Electronic Co., Ltd.
    raylaser06@hotmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Kofi ... thanks for the info, do you have any customers already a member of this site?
    I will send you a PM requesting more info

CAT CAT ... attempted to visit your site at www.checkmatelaser.com 4 different times, but was unable to see anything. I did a small search for the model number you indicated and came up with this site: http://www.lasernet.cc/ it too failed to open a web page.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Nestprofessor View Post

Also , we developed a nesting tool , it can nest dxf and dwg files and export the layout in dxf format. it can improve you material utilization.
    it is very useful even you didn't pay it. Please visit NestProfessor -True Shape Nesting/Layout Software/Tool/SDK/API to get it if you want.

NestProfessor -True Shape Nesting/Layout Software/Tool/SDK/API
    nestprofessor@gmail.com
    whats nest files ?
    is it like lasercut ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kofi ... thanks for the info, do you have any customers already a member of this site?
    I will send you a PM requesting more info

CAT CAT ... attempted to visit your site at CheckMate Lasers: Putting the industry in check! 4 different times, but was unable to see anything. I did a small search for the model number you indicated and came up with this site: http://www.lasernet.cc/ it too failed to open a web page.
    Our web is Liaocheng Xinxing Electronic Co., Ltd.
    About our distributor's web, may you can try again this web CheckMate Lasers: Putting the industry in check!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast