How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China

Hi guys,

I just joined this forums and it looks like a wealth of info here.
    Unfortunately I have not yet found any threads concerning
    CorelDraw X5 and Laser cutters from China.

I live in China right now and am looking for a way to use the
    print option to send the file to my new laser cutter made in China.

I have Corel Draw X5 and have no idea how to send my vector art
    to my laser cutter...

Can anyone help me please???

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

Sincerely,
    Mad.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you can't get the print function to work, I think you can use "save as" in Corel to save your design as a .dxf or an .ai file and then use "import" in your laser software to import one of those file types.

HTH,
    Skip

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ya, I tried that and it does work but, I was reading that you can cut right from
    CorelDraw some where but now I can't find out how to do that....

Still stuck on that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Chinese lasers don't have print drivers.

Some Chinese lasers have plugins that you can use for CorelDraw. The problem with plugins is that they need to write a new plugin for every version.

Some work with CorelDraw X4 but not X5.

Some just don't work at all.

Our true direct print drivers works with any version of CorelDraw including X5 and X6/X7/etc when they are released.

We can likely sell you an upgrade for your laser.

Visit Full Spectrum Engineering and see our RetinaEngrave upgrades.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by fullspeceng View Post
    Chinese lasers don't have print drivers.

Some Chinese lasers have plugins that you can use for CorelDraw. The problem with plugins is that they need to write a new plugin for every version.

Some work with CorelDraw X4 but not X5.

Some just don't work at all.

Our true direct print drivers works with any version of CorelDraw including X5 and X6/X7/etc when they are released.

We can likely sell you an upgrade for your laser.

Visit Full Spectrum Engineering and see our RetinaEngrave upgrades.

Sorry for saying this but WOW! $700+USD for just a card????
    Thats almost how much I paid for my machine!

Thats not exactly a cost effective solution for my problem.

I'm on a very small budget right now so spending that kinda cash
    for this item is not within my budget...

When will your drivers be released? Whats the cost for them?

Thanks for the info tho.

Cheers.

*Mad

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our print drivers are released and come with our 400mhz control card. They only work with our 400mhz control card.

We do not anticipate any price changes at the moment. The control system and software are the most expensive part of the laser. Unfortunately top American programmers and engineers charge a lot more than Chinese factory workers and all our control cards and software is designed 100% in the USA.

We guarantee our software and control system makes a huge difference and offer a full 60 day money back guarantee (minus shipping and handling).

To most of our customers it is the difference between having a door stop and a useful tool.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can appreciate that... For now everything works fine if I export to .dxf from CorelDraw then import into newlydraw.... works like a charm.. i guess it's just a convenience thing
    to be able to direct print to my laser cutter with your product?

Cheers!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default corel draw

use an older corel draw ,like 12 it will directly go to the laser
    Your install disk should have autocad 2004 and corel version 12 drivers ,works great

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

RetinaEngrave replaces both the motor drivers and the control system.

It offers:
    -superior motor control with DMOS motor driver chips (no heatsinks)
    -400mhz processor with 10ns timing resolution of the laser pulse (full tickle pulse in a glass tube)
    -superior vector cutting algorithms using state of the art spline trajectory vs traj trajectory of other low end systems
    -superior rastering with bit perfect results and optimized tickle pulse (tested with HgCdTe photodetectors)
    -superior combined vector+raster
    -USB upgradable flash firmware
    -USA support
    -Windows 7 32bit and x64, Vista and XP support

.DXF files are only for vector. You cannot output joint vector+raster in DXF. Not only can you output from CorelDraw but even MS Word in vector format under RetinaEngrave.

Instead of being stuck with CorelDraw 12 you can use any version past, present and future with a print driver.

But if your laser works for you then there is no reason to change it.

If you find your system limited, we offer a risk free 60 day money back guarantee.

We would not offer such an option if we weren't sure that it blows away your current system.

It's not cheap but it is the best

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Corel Draw and Moshi Draw

I was able to get moshidraw to send its butons over into the corel draw application by clicking "file" "options" "sync with corel draw." I now have "export bmp" and "export plt" buttons in my corel draw but after selecting the geometry and clicking "export" moshidraw does a lot of thinking and then nothing else happens. I have been searching for the source of the problem for a couple of weeks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It depends on what you are doing. If you are trying to send a vector (cut) file to the Moshi unit, you must first make sure that the drawing is not 'grouped'. Go to arrange and click on 'ugroup'. Now hit the 'export LPT' button in the plugin and you will see a small square run very quickly around your drawn file. Then the 'Loading' icon will come up on the screen. After it is completely loaded, it should automatically go to the Moshi program so you can output the cuts. If you are doing a 'BMP' file, first make sure that you have a blank moshi screen. Then you can export the file to Moshi merely by clicking on the 'export bitmap' button. If you already have a file on the startup screen in Moshi, and not a blank screen, it will not send it over. With a PLT (vector) file, is should not matter. Any more questions, just ask. FYI, there is a gentleman at www.wildcircuits.com who is building a circuit board that will give us some of the power of a DSP, check it out.

Milt

Last edited by mondo50m; 04-01-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: fix web

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Corel and Moshi

Yeah I have ungrouped to export the PLT and it does the little flashing square thing and then just says loading.
    I have a blank file in moshi and when exporting the bmp it just says loading.
    So far my only option is to export the file as a JPEG and then import that from
    Moshi.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Give me some time to see if I can duplicate what is happening. May take a couple of days. Have you saved the file from Corel in PLT format and then opened the PLT file in Moshi. To do this; Do your vector drawing file in Corel, export the file and save it in PLT format. Go to the Moshi program and on the first page , select output and then no selection. This will take you to the second page. Now, check the little box next to PLT, this should load another screen. Click on the PLT button and then open the file you want to cut. It must be a PLT file previously saved. Then output as normal. Remember that the speed of the cutting is controlled by the outline speed. For 1/8 ply, I use an outline of 5 and about 10ma.
    Let me know if this works for you.

Milt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default laser carve plug in

i have a chinese laser - got coral 12 with laser carve plug in - draw what you want in coral or import etc - hit laser carve, set the settings for speed etc hit output and send straight to the laser

karl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PLT

The only thing that works for me is to export the file as a PLT and load it straight from Moshi. If I hit the export bmp button or the export plt button to send it straight from Corel then all I get is the "loading" message. I have tried every suggestion in the forum so far.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to hear that you can not export right from Corel..at least there was a solution to get it running. I hardly ever print from Corel myself. I would rather save the file as a PLT and use it that way. Sometimes the exports are funny. Is everything else going ok? If not, ask away.

Milt

Downloads
    Uploads

Default JENNY FOM GWEIKE LASER

Quote Originally Posted by jcspresser View Post
    The only thing that works for me is to export the file as a PLT and load it straight from Moshi. If I hit the export bmp button or the export plt button to send it straight from Corel then all I get is the "loading" message. I have tried every suggestion in the forum so far.
    if you use laser5.3. there is no such problem.
    this software support output through coredraw x5(even new version)directly.

regards,
    JENNY
    MSN; oncestone@hotmail.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China-lc1390s-jpg   How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China-lg6040b-laser-engraver-jpg   How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China-34146265_-21103-26412-jpg   How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China-lc1625-laser-cutting-machine_-jpg  

How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China-lg5002-jpg   How to print from CorelDraw X5 to Laser Cutter from China-lg1060-jpg  
    jenny@wklaser.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question laser cut 5.3

how this can be possible with corel draw x5 ?
    do you have some kind of patch or drivers that can engrave or cut directly from it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe it is just me, but I do not see how lasercut (any version) will do anyone with a laser that uses Moshi software, to do anything. Moshi looks for a particular dongle (usb device) to enable the software for use. Lasercut, I believe, requires a different controller board than the Moshi equipped boards. I may be wrong, but Lasercut can only be used on machines that are built to be used with lasercut.

Milt

Downloads
    Uploads

Default JENNY FROM GWEIKE LASER

Quote Originally Posted by yasam2002 View Post
    how this can be possible with corel draw x5 ?
    do you have some kind of patch or drivers that can engrave or cut directly from it.
    YES, possible.
    first, you should have X5 already installed in your computer
    second. choose the X5 when you install the laser cut5.3 software( it will appear a windows for choosing)

then It can be output throught coredraw X5 directly.

regards,
    JENNY

jenny@wklaser.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast