Where did you purchase your laser?? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Where did you purchase your laser from?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legacy Lasers

5 16.13%
  • Epilog

4 12.90%
  • WK Laser

14 45.16%
  • Golden Laser

0 0%
  • Logilase

0 0%
  • Redsail

8 25.81%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you purchase your laser??

Downloads
    Uploads

I am glad that someone wants to add Scottware to the list. I am a bit partial.. LOL...

I do want to clarify some items for the readers of this thread. My name is Raymond Scott. I am the owner of Scottware. Scottware was started ten years ago out of my home as an extreme hobby.. I made thousands of custom circuit boards and retrofitted a few dozen CNC machines. The hobby took a proud turn a few years ago when I pulled some friends together and invested in Laser Machines. Since then, the company has grown A LOT. The company now consists of a few full time employees: Carole(applications, quotes, testing), Brian(web, tutorials, sales, applications), and Ray(owner -whatever needs done). We have some employees that work as needed: Paul(testing, exhibit shows, applications), Terry(advisor), Vanessa(general labor), Stephie(pretty model for the exhibit shows). We are lucky enough to cooperate with several other companies that act as field sales and partnering products. Those specifics will be posted on the web site soon.

We tried to partner up with Tom and Dean (from Laser's Edge), but they weren't interested in that. Tom and Dean used to sell Rabbit Laser products. Scottware started selling the Rabbit products and requested an exclusive distribution agreement. Laser's Edge stopped selling Rabbit Laser products and had some other problems too... Tom and Dean aren't partners any more either... In stead of paying Tom for his portion of the company, Dean dropped the old company name and started a new business. This is why Dean now runs Legacy Lasers alone. I don't understand the "Legacy" part..?

The name "Scottware" was thought up with an inside definition of "things made by Scott". Scottware has grown a lot as a laser company.. It is really too much to be called scottware... so we are in the works of changing the name. We have no better reason to transition the company and to announce our solid distribution agreement with Jinan King Rabbit (the makers of Rabbit Laser). Our new "spinoff" company name is Rabbit Laser - USA. We can be found on the internet at www.rabbitlaserusa.com , www.rabbitlaser-usa.com , and www.rabbitlaser.us ... We are listed on the Rabbit Laser web site as the USA contact company .. http://www.rabbitlaser.com/index1.htm (bottom right). Let me clarify this.. "Spinoff" means that we continue to take care of all our previous customers and build a stronger relationship with our manufacturers, partners, and future customers. We have signed an exclusive distribution rights for the USA... This is because we want to be the best at helping our local customers.

What benefit is it for a USA customer to purchase from Scottware.net (rabbitLaserUSA.com) ?
    1) All the employees are degreed engineers. The paper degree doesn't mean everything, but we got a lot of experience to go with that.
    2) The machines are of good design and capability to last well beyond the stated warranty period, while maintaining the performance and precision. We know this from experience with the machines and because we are experienced engineers to recognize this. You trust engineers to make the airplanes you fly in... trust engineers to help you choose a good laser machine too.
    3) Our main location is just north of Cincinnati, OH. We have stock of laser machines, control panels, power supplies, laser tubes, motion controllers.. just about every piece you would need to fix'n yer laser. I speak pretty good english too.
    4) We provide setup and training at a better price than anyone else I know. Our list prices are better than other places. We put our delivery/setup/training so close to actual cost because we know that a well educated customer has a much higher rate of success. Successful customers are happy customers. We know that if a customer doesn't get good training, then they develop problems. .. and problems always come back to bite you in the _ss.
    5) We offer proud discounts and allow PO purchases for educational institutes. I have taught at Miami University.. so I know how difficult it is to get funding.. and how important it is to students to have adequate tools.
    6) We can connect to the customer computer to diagnos problem with the laser machine. This is a part of our "Help Desk" software. ..
    7) Every laser machine comes with a refurbished Dell computer system. This is so that the laser machine is a complete system.. ready for your business to start running.
    8) Every laser machine is checked out again in the USA... BEFORE it is delivered to the customer.
    9) The computer comes with software installed. Yes.. A "printer driver" is available. The "printer driver" has an additional cost and can work with standard software like the other companies claim. Some companies won't feel so special now.. Sorry. Actually, the printer driver that is claimed by the other company only has capability to process vector graphics into HPGL PLT files.

10) I (Ray Scott) went to China to make sure that the laser manufacturer has adequate spare parts, inventory tracking, sales teams, quality control, product documentation, problem resolution methods... machines are not assembled in the rain. The factory is not a flooded dirt floor. The employees are treated nicely. NO dumping of bad products or waste into the environment. I still hate their idea of a clean toilet.
    11)The owner of Jinan King Rabbit is a reputable and good-ethical person. I went to China to find the manufacturer that I would be proud to work with and would produce a machine that I could sell as a good product with strong supply chain support. While in China, I liked how I saw the machines being assembled. I like how the employees were treated, how they treated each other, and how they treated guests.

Scottware (Rabbit Laser USA) does not make laser machines... That is why they are called Chinese Lasers. The business action is to import 10 to 20 laser machines per shipment and check them out in our workspace. Every machine gets inspected and tested again. The laser machines are not all ordered for specific customers, but are an expectation of customer demand. You can always check our current inventory listings at the inventory pages.. http://www.scottware.net/inventory/main.html . Some machines are special ordered for customers. We can get any color, wattage, and a huge combination of workspace sizes. This means that if the laser machine of your interest is in stock, then you could have it at your site within a few days.

Our customers include retired people, high-schools, middle-schools, colleges, sign shops, fishing shops, brick yards, .. I don't care if you are Irish-Korean (a joke for people that like funny TV commercials). We treat every customer the same... the best that we can.

We have a cycle of sales and deliveries.. It feels like I travel a lot for two weeks.. then basically home for five weeks. Yes, the best way to contact me(Ray Scott) in a hurry is to use the phone.. (1-513-320-2748). I am not the only person you can talk to. Carole (carole@rabbitlaserusa.com) can also do quotes, take care of general questions, guide through software, and help mitigate problems. Brian (Brian@rabbitlaser.com) is new to the company, but willing to dive into whatever you want help with.

Blah.. Blah.. Blah..

I Love this stuff..

Ray Scott

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, all the quotes I requested are in. Time to go through them item for item and make a decision. Thanks to all the distributors who took the time to quote me.

Ray, Thanks for the background and clarifications.

Necessity is the mother of all invention (unknown)
    My club home page www.lhmac.org

Downloads
    Uploads

Well done, Ray!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I have narrowed the choices to Scottware and Legacy. I got a few weeks to decide (till my cash is all in order). thanks to all that quoted.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, the verdict is in. I am going with the rabbit RL-120-1290 from Scottware.net. Both dean and scott worked hard to get my order, but I could only get one laser. It looks like the end of july I will be working on my new laser!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Scottware

Good choice. When Ray delivered my RL40-6040, he was here about 7 hrs., setting up and giving instructions. What took so long was, he had to disassemble the machine, to go through a narrow door way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

lol, well I have a 42" door in my shop and it is all level (no steps) so he should be happy about that. I am going to try and start prepping for the installation. I have to run a 220 wire to where the laser is going to be and start drawing up a vent attachment for my window. I am pretty excited about it. I just hope it will make some income to help pay for itself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A little off topic but does anyone have any reference material they would like to share with a "newbie" to lasers? I'd like to make my learning curve as steep as possible. I am looking for information on power/speed settings, material usage, ect. anything that would help me get a good start.

Downloads
    Uploads

As posted on the adjacent topic, there is quite a bit of info here. http://www.yorklaser.com/knowledge.html

Tweakie.

CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here
    http://www.litografa.lt/index.php?support
    is some information also.

All peoples know where is the best source of laser information

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the links, I may have to make one of those 3 stage filters.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laser Parts

The lasers listed in this thread appear to be complete machines, does any one sell the laser parts. I can build the CNC part.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

The laser tube, power supply, and motion controller could be purchased from the chinese market.. or from ebay. It is a big liability issue for a US company to sell such (potentially) dangerous parts.
    It isn't too dificult to design and build a frame and travel axis for the machine. It is tough to build a unit that will stay in alignment, work fast, and work right. I have considered building machines from scratch. Whether it is 100 machines or just 1, you can't beat the Chinese machine at the price they sell it for.
    I spent three years building a 28x25 CNC router ...with laser potential. It was a great prototype, but the costs and time spent was basically a waste when compared to what I could have bought from someone else.. and used to start making money.

You just need to consider the invested time. Compare that to time you could spent fishing, golfing, walking on a beach.. or spending time with family. I found that it saved a lot of time by purchasing a machine and working less.. Now, I spend all my free time on this web site.. BYE.
    Ray Scott
    http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Wheres the fun in that?

Sometimes the machines for sale don't feed your needs though. And that's why some make them. then for others like myself its not a money making thing,, its a hobby and learning experience.

thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miljnor,
    I can appreciate the desire to build things. I designed and built my router from scratch. However I do not want to risk the investment, safety, and time into building a laser. I am sure you could buy the parts somewhere, however I can see the Liability reason of not wanting to sell the parts. the lethal voltages, and dangerous laser beam could create some really painfull moments in a short time.

I am however stacking up the projects for the laser when it gets here. I am getting really excited now.

Downloads
    Uploads

that's me I'm all about the danger! Michael Dangerously!!! lol

Seriously though, good luck with your machine.

thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Laser delivered!!!

I got my laser delivered last night!!! It is everything I expected and a bit more. we had to seperate it into 2 pieces to get it through the 42" door but after that is was pretty smooth. Ray was great and answered every question I had and is a blast to be around. we started at just after 6pm and finished around 3am. there were lots of breaks and B.S.ing or I am sure we would have been done sooner. pictures are from the cell, I'll get better ones soon. I have to finish organizing the wires and hoses tonight and get her moved to her final location. it was a long night but sooo worth it. It's time to start having fun!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where did you purchase your laser??-img00037-20100810-2253-jpg   Where did you purchase your laser??-img00038-20100811-0234-jpg   Where did you purchase your laser??-img00041-20100811-0716-jpg   Where did you purchase your laser??-img00039-20100811-0709-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks real nice, and I'm sure your additional investment (over purchasing direct from China) has paid off already!

There's nothing like having someone on hand with experience for those first few hours - you probably saved a week of stress.

Zax.

Downloads
    Uploads

Congratulations! You will love laser
    Ray - good job done!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zax15uk View Post
    Looks real nice, and I'm sure your additional investment (over purchasing direct from China) has paid off already!

There's nothing like having someone on hand with experience for those first few hours - you probably saved a week of stress.

Zax.
    I totaly agree, I wouldn't even have the laser firing yet if I were trying to do this on my own. Ray makes it look easy, but I know I would have had problems just from not knowing the parts and how they work. I don't know how much i would have saved if I bought direct, but I am happy so far and am excited to learn what it can do.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast