Where did you purchase your laser?? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Where did you purchase your laser from?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legacy Lasers

5 16.13%
  • Epilog

4 12.90%
  • WK Laser

14 45.16%
  • Golden Laser

0 0%
  • Logilase

0 0%
  • Redsail

8 25.81%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Where did you purchase your laser??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

rcpilot82,

You could also try this; Open PDF in Illustrator > export as DWG > open in Corel with import command. In some cases vector lines might have two layers on it, so just ungroup all ( right click > ungroup all ), remove and delete the top layer.
    Check the color of the line > you get best cutting results if you change the line color to RGB ( R0.G0.B0 ).

Regards,
    Hannu

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to get a copy of corel to play around with.

Necessity is the mother of all invention (unknown)
    My club home page www.lhmac.org

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PFD TO AUTOCAD file

Hi,Guys,

Try to use AI ,it can convert PFD file to DWG.

Tony Gao

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tianqilaser View Post
    Hi,Guys,

Try to use AI ,it can convert PFD file to DWG.

Tony Gao
    Only if the PDF contains a vector drawing, sometimes you'll find the content is a raster image so can not be converted without vectorizing and the results are not always suitable for lasering without additional clean up.

Zax.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Got an issue

OK, I have an issue and I don't know where to start to address it. I have noticed this on several of my projects. where I have a single straight line, sometimes the laser will make a squiggley line. it looks bad and I need to fix it. the drawing and lasercut 5.3 show a straight line, thats not what comes out though. below is a pic of what I am talking about. the bottom of the 10 and the top of the ace is where it is messed up on this program. it seems to happen when the lines are at angles. Any ideas???

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where did you purchase your laser??-poker-chip-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The problem probably is that your motors can't handle the sharp turn/acceleration.

Either buy a new machine or do the drawing in Raster mode. Raster mode is symmetric which will eliminate your problems.

Problem with the Chinese software is you will never get an update (unlike our software).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So it is a speed related issue.. I can slow it down, I was cutting at speed 400.

A new machine is out of the question. If I gotta slow it down a bit, no big deal, I am not running thousands of these.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If speed is not an issue you should always run it in raster mode which gives superior output to vector cutting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, Thanks for the help!! All part of the learning curve I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads

rcpilot82,

Did you cutout the butterfly etc. in raster or vector mode - they came out OK. (just curious).

This is perhaps a question to add to your list for when you next speak to Ray.

Tweakie.

CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Honestly that output looks terrible. Look at how uneven the burning is.

Compare to our Aztec calendar example:
    http://www.fullspectrumengineering.c...serv2-40w.html

You can download it and try it on your own laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweakie View Post
    rcpilot82,

Did you cutout the butterfly etc. in raster or vector mode - they came out OK. (just curious).

This is perhaps a question to add to your list for when you next speak to Ray.

Tweakie.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The butterfly was like third project I did. the wood was bowed up and I forgot to focus the beam. (oops) subsequent projects turned out better like these. again on part f5 you can see the squiggley.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where did you purchase your laser??-img_8329-large-jpg   Where did you purchase your laser??-img_8333-large-jpg   Where did you purchase your laser??-untitled-jpg  
    Last edited by rcpilot82; 08-25-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: added pic

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
    So it is a speed related issue.. I can slow it down, I was cutting at speed 400.

A new machine is out of the question. If I gotta slow it down a bit, no big deal, I am not running thousands of these.
    If you were really vector cutting at 400 speed, that is most likely the problem. That's way too fast. Try 50 speed with less power, I bet you'll see an improvement. There's a speed limit on these machines as to what the motors will handle before the accuracy goes.

Skip

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am pretty sure it was vector or "cut" mode. file was drawn in ACAD so no hatches, all lines. Lasercut was set to cut, maybe I should have done the graphics in raster mode instead. I'll slow it way down and see what happens. didn't get time to play with it last night.

Just curious, how are the speed numbers associated?? is speed 300 actually 300mm per second or what? Also am I correct to assume that the power is a percentage and only goes up to 100? I have only had it up 65 so far.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Jinan Wisdom Machinery

Our company bought a Laser machine from Chinese company Jinan Wisdom Machinery. As per offer and agreed conditions delivery should be done in 7 days after money reception. They sent the machine only after many emails more thn 2 month later.
    We receved a steel table very badly painted and welded, with electrical connections not done correctly, Laser tube 130W and not 150W as negociated, and many, many other problems.
    This is our 3th laser from China, but never seen anything like this before.

Reason for this thread it's to advise the community about this supplier. If needed we have plenty of photos and a technical report about the machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,

friend.
    Feel very sorry for you.

1. Next time ,you d better to buy from |Factory directly.
    2. Ask to see the pics of the processing.
    3. Choose the factory carefully.
    4. Do think about the Price and the quality.

I must to say there are so many bad company only want to make money. They do not want to do the company bigger.

It is them to break the China market and leave bad name in Intelnational Market.

Hope you will learn something.
    Abby

G.Weike Laser Factory
    abby@wklaser.com
    abbylaser@gmail.com
    MSN:abbyli1@msn.cn

QUOTE=glasslook;1102952]Our company bought a Laser machine from Chinese company Jinan Wisdom Machinery. As per offer and agreed conditions delivery should be done in 7 days after money reception. They sent the machine only after many emails more thn 2 month later.
    We receved a steel table very badly painted and welded, with electrical connections not done correctly, Laser tube 130W and not 150W as negociated, and many, many other problems.
    This is our 3th laser from China, but never seen anything like this before.

Reason for this thread it's to advise the community about this supplier. If needed we have plenty of photos and a technical report about the machine.[/QUOTE]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by G.Weike-Abby View Post
    1. Next time ,you d better to buy from |Factory directly.
    The problem is that it is very difficult to tell who is manufacturer and who is just doing assembly or retail. Most Chinese laser machines look the same regardless where they come from. It is impossible for the customer to know in advance if they are getting a decent product or one bashed together from sub standard components.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default G.Weike Laser Factory-Abby!

Hi,

yeah. that is a problem trully. Maybe ask them to get the video and the pics of the workshop,must with their brand?

And,if it is not factory,or you are not sure they are,pls choose a bigger company .I think you could ask other customers feedback. You could ask their customer near your place ,right?

At all, the quality of the machine is the first important thing. Then is the after sell service.

So,pls choose the company carefully.

That's just my opinion.For your reference.

Abby
    abby@wklaser.com

Quote Originally Posted by epilotdk View Post
    The problem is that it is very difficult to tell who is manufacturer and who is just doing assembly or retail. Most Chinese laser machines look the same regardless where they come from. It is impossible for the customer to know in advance if they are getting a decent product or one bashed together from sub standard components.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
    Well, the verdict is in. I am going with the rabbit RL-120-1290 from Scottware.net. Both dean and scott worked hard to get my order, but I could only get one laser. It looks like the end of july I will be working on my new laser!!
    How is your rabbit treating you? I emailed Ray about a RL-80-9060 but I get the feeling he don't do email often, busy, probably.

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

I normally answer my emails pretty quickly... Not sure if your email was lost..

We have our prices posted on our web site.
    We do make some special reductions in price for schools, Boy Scouts...etc. call us to discuss your best price structure.
    We always do delivery.. Always! This ensures the machine is setup right and that the customer is trained...and happy.

For the recent few days, we have been at a big show.. Yes..even working on my birthday.

Ray Scott
    Owner / Engineer
    Rabbit Laser USA
    513-217-5707

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast