Need Help! CO2 Laser with Leetro 6515 - Software problems - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO2 Laser with Leetro 6515 - Software problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jpenkala View Post
    ...Is there anyone (company or otherwise) that supplies the files needed to make them all the same? IE is there someone out there who I can purchase the Firmware, DLL, Softdog, and Lasercut5.3 as a bundle? ?
    The card is made by Leetro, and AFAIK so is the LaserCut s/w.

The only time I managed to get a reply from them, it came from this addy:
    tech@leetro.com [Mr Zhao Jie ]
    ...and he wanted to know if I was seeking to upgrade.

I replied 'No, not right now' and that was the last (and only) time they replied to my emails - maybe you'll have better luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, so is the dongle what you would use if you did not have a USB cable running directly to the control card to transfer cutting files? Or is that a different thumb drive and a separate thing all together?
    Different.
    The dongle goes in your computer (XT preferably) and lets you run the software. Once you have a design ready to go to the laser, you compile it and either 'download' it via a usb cable, (USB B on the card) or save it to a thumb drive which you then plug into the laser. (USB A)

Updating the firmware in the laser is also done via thumbdrive, two files are saved in the root folder of the drive (with preferably nothing else on it) and this is then plugged into the USB A slot on the card (on mine it was brought out to the side of the laser via an extension lead).

Note that you don't need the dongle to run the laser, it's only for the software - so it should be possible for someone else - with s/w and dongle - to program a test file (or your file) for you, email the files produced (two, I think) which you can put on a t/drive and plug into the laser.

This would at least reassure you the laser is working.

Downloads
    Uploads

...Problem with that is I am the second owner and am trying to set up my own control computer because the guy that had it before me would not sell the control computer with the laser. ...
    Basically, any old machine will do, preferably running XT though. Lots of them around!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kewlkiwi View Post
    The card is made by Leetro, and AFAIK so is the LaserCut s/w.

The only time I managed to get a reply from them, it came from this addy:
    tech@leetro.com [Mr Zhao Jie ]
    ...and he wanted to know if I was seeking to upgrade.

I replied 'No, not right now' and that was the last (and only) time they replied to my emails - maybe you'll have better luck!
    I will give it a shot and see if I get a response!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kewlkiwi View Post
    Different.
    The dongle goes in your computer (XT preferably) and lets you run the software. Once you have a design ready to go to the laser, you compile it and either 'download' it via a usb cable, (USB B on the card) or save it to a thumb drive which you then plug into the laser. (USB A)

Updating the firmware in the laser is also done via thumbdrive, two files are saved in the root folder of the drive (with preferably nothing else on it) and this is then plugged into the USB A slot on the card (on mine it was brought out to the side of the laser via an extension lead).

Note that you don't need the dongle to run the laser, it's only for the software - so it should be possible for someone else - with s/w and dongle - to program a test file (or your file) for you, email the files produced (two, I think) which you can put on a t/drive and plug into the laser.

This would at least reassure you the laser is working.
    Thanks for the help- I think I fully understand the dongle/thumb drive relationship. If I can find some software updates to try this will be helpful.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default One Step Forward

Seems like I keep taking steps forward but realize I have another problem to trouble shoot. I got the software and control card working together. YAY. Now I can upload a file from the Lasercut53 software to the machine. So my new problem- well I'm having trouble with the laser itself now. It seems like the laser needs to be calibrated- not the actual beam itself- but rather where the control card thinks the laser is located on the table. I was testing the cut programs and the laser would trace out the files but it seemed like the trace was inaccurate and also dangerously close to the boundaries of the machine itself- in fact I actually go nervous enough that I hit the stop button mid way through the test to keep the laser from striking the side of the machine. Does anyone have any thoughts on machine calibration?

Does anyone teach a class on how to use these things?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

have you managed to sort the machine out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy 80watt CO2 laser machine cuts but will not engrave

Hi Guys. I am very new to this forum and so am I doing this for the first time.

I really need help here. I have newly aguired an 80watt CO2 laser machine using laser cut 5.3 and a Leetro mpc6515 card. The problem is ; I can process, simulate and cut my projects normally but when it comes to engraving, I can process but on the other hand when I simulate it does not simulate,if I click the simulate time of the project the work time and scan gaps are zero and so if I command to print, it does not print nor does the laser head move. Instead the Z axis motor will roll the table upwards for about an inch and then stop, and the alarm for work completed beeps.

What could be my problem?

Chille.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chille,
    Have you pressed the "Origin" button to set all your axis to zero. It looks as if the Z height isn't set to zero and the table is driving up to start the job at the required 0,0,0 start point.

try that and see how you go.

Incidentally, when you press the Origin button at a certain location that is the point where the laser head will return to after a Home or Reset.

Lets get you sorted out and cutting stuff and make you a bit happier. :-)
    There is much frustration to be had when you first start out and it just takes a little while to get up to speed. Experiment with things and read the manual if you can't get something to work or just come here if you need to.

Rich

I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    ... I can process, simulate and cut my projects normally but when it comes to engraving, I can process but on the other hand when I simulate it does not simulate...
    As the problem only arises when engraving, it makes me wonder if you are trying to do it too close to the left or right edges of the working table.

I'm not sure if it affects the simulated run within LaserCut, but in real life (i.e on the laser) raster engraving needs a 'lead-in' and 'lead-out', first to get up to speed, and then decelerate prior to changing direction.

If the start (or end) of the raster engraving movement is too close to an edge, perhaps the software is saying 'Hey, cant get up to the correct speed [or] not enough room to slow down and reverse' and refuses to run?

The length of this lead-in/lead-out can be adjusted in LaserCut, but it IS needed: set it to zero ( if allowed, I haven't tried it) and it will reduce the accuracy and possibly other undesired effects.

This is assuming you are talking about raster, and not vector engraving of course.

Last edited by kewlkiwi; 06-13-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: removed 'the the'

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MonoNeuron View Post
    Hi Chille,
    Have you pressed the "Origin" button to set all your axis to zero. It looks as if the Z height isn't set to zero and the table is driving up to start the job at the required 0,0,0 start point.

try that and see how you go.

Incidentally, when you press the Origin button at a certain location that is the point where the laser head will return to after a Home or Reset.

Lets get you sorted out and cutting stuff and make you a bit happier. :-)
    There is much frustration to be had when you first start out and it just takes a little while to get up to speed. Experiment with things and read the manual if you can't get something to work or just come here if you need to.

Rich
    Hi Rich,

I get your point and I would want to try your advise but I dont seem to know which is the button you refer to as the "origin button", and there after please describe step by step exactly how I can check or set the origin to zero.

Chille

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys.

once again I am still stuck with my CO2 80watt laser machine. The table (Z axis) seems to climb up for about 1 inch each time I try to engrave by roaster and after movig up it makes the alarm sound and does not engrave at al.

I got advise here to reset my axises to all zero by using the origin button. But I dont seem to know how to do that and wha th origin button actually is.

Any help on how to do that to sort my problem? The machine cut ok, but will not engrave.

Chile.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dll fiz

Today I crashed my computer... as I have a spare tower, I loaded laser cut 5.3 onto it... alas... DLL not compatable with Firmware....I had heard about this but never experienced the problem...
    I have a Jinan Nice Cut 1290 and I contacted Bright Hao who is the international sales manager... I asked him to fix it... he sent me another setup exe file for laser cut... when it went to load dongle files.... I hit cancel and lo and behold it works...
    hope this is of some help to others...
    Lazer Larry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Hi Guys. I am very new to this forum and so am I doing this for the first time.

I really need help here. I have newly aguired an 80watt CO2 laser machine using laser cut 5.3 and a Leetro mpc6515 card. The problem is ; I can process, simulate and cut my projects normally but when it comes to engraving, I can process but on the other hand when I simulate it does not simulate,if I click the simulate time of the project the work time and scan gaps are zero and so if I command to print, it does not print nor does the laser head move. Instead the Z axis motor will roll the table upwards for about an inch and then stop, and the alarm for work completed beeps.

What could be my problem?

Chille.
    Hi. Im not sure about the z axis motor operating. However in Lasercut 5.3 if your scan gap is set to '0' you are not asking the engraving facility to 'step down' any distance each pass. therefore will not simulate. there must be a value in scan gap try 0.1 for starters 0.1mm per pass).
    hope this helps.
    Bigelsy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you have to set your table size in 'machine options' this then, when the machine is datumed knows how far digitally in each axis it can travel. it will then stop before running out of travel.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CO2 Laser with Leetro 6515 - Software problems

Dear friend:
    I am a trouble with a laser machine 1610of an chinese provider (dissapear!!!grrr) with Leetro controller MPC6525A,laser power supplies DY13 laser tube reci and panel control PAD03
    MThis machine is absolutelly NEW and trouble is, when i Turn-on the power,inmdiatelly this laser tube shoot the ray.
    When i press LASER button in the panel control (yellow button) this ray is stopped,and when i remove my finger of this button, again laser tube shoot.
    Laser tube is shoot all time, is not possible stopped,only when i press LASER button.
    I test both laser power suplies and both are right
    My questions is
    Its possible male test to this controller MPC6525? In the manual i see have 8 leds indicate error codes.
    Is trouble with wires or circuits of installation?
    Its problem with firmware or other file?
    Or its necessary change this controller or Panel control PAD03?
    This trouble drive me crazy....

Downloads
    Uploads

I think in the software settings part you might find a setting that says "High" or "low". The laser will fire if this is set to "High". (probably, it's just a guess as I haven't seen your machine)
    set this to LOW pulse. Or the other way around. It's either on or off.
    You may need to set any limit switches you might have on the machine as well as this will change if they work on a high or a low pulse.
    Just a guess as I don't know your set up.
    Rich.

I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your response
    I test laser power supplies and are right.
    Installation of software and firware is neecesary special chacarcteristics in the PC?
    Some window special (i have window 7) or other?
    CO2 Laser with Leetro 6515 - Software problems-cam00047-jpg
    This configuration are right?
    Thanks for your support Mononeuron

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hola tengo un corte laser y me sale este error motion card softdog no same error

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12