Rabbit Laser hx6090 SE lasercut 5.3

Thread: Rabbit Laser hx6090 SE lasercut 5.3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Rabbit Laser hx6090 SE lasercut 5.3

Help desperately needed. I run a design and technology workshop at an Australian School. We have just purchased at Rabbit Laser hx6090 SE. The manual is absolutely useless and I do not have a clue were to start to get the machine to cut or engrave. I have aligned the mirrors and installed LaserCut 5.3. any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default explanation

i have learned all stuff from this site, i hope thats gonna help you
    http://www.jqlaser.com/service/service.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i also use that machine.
    all go well. ^_^
    i even could do photo grafir.

contact me, if you have problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by John Niemeyer View Post
    Help desperately needed. I run a design and technology workshop at an Australian School. We have just purchased at Rabbit Laser hx6090 SE. The manual is absolutely useless and I do not have a clue were to start to get the machine to cut or engrave. I have aligned the mirrors and installed LaserCut 5.3. any help would be appreciated.

John,

I did a couple of tutorials some time back for a guy who purchased my previous Rabbit laser from me.

The tutorials are not the best but hopefully it will help shed some light on what may currently seem quite daunting, but is in reality, quite simple once you get going.

Please excuse any spelling errors etc. I didn't have chance to check it over, hope it makes sense.

Basic operation for the Laser and things to practice.

The first thing is to set up some a directory structure on your computer. This is where you would store your engraving images and project files.

I would suggest you create a folder in the 'pictures' directory called 'Laser' and have sub-directories within that for your different categories. Call one of them 'testing'.

Turn on the Laser and start the cooling pump. The other stuff can be started later. Give it 5 minutes to warm up.

Start Lasrcut 5.1 on your computer. Practice moving the laser head around with the X and Y buttons on your computer screen.

Now start by learning what each of the buttons do around the work area. There's not many. The main ones are the ones along the top and the first few down the side. Look at the manual, it tells you what each one does.

Click on the text button 'A' on the left. Now click on the work area, hold you mouse button down and drag a small square, let go the button. This opens your text box. You can choose your font, the size and the actual text you want to write. Go ahead and type something. Click OK. It's now on your work area.

Click on the 'pick' icon on the top row, the one with the arrow facing into the button. This is the one you use to select items on the work area. Using this you can move your text around.
    If you want to change the text, it's size or the font etc. Click on the text icon on the left again, drag a small box over the text you want to change and the text box will open again.

Now put your thin plywood on the worktable. Position the laser head using the X and Y buttons to where you want to engrave.
    Set the focus height with the small gauge, it's 41mm x 41mm. Set it on the plywood, raise/lower the table using the buttons on the laser's control panel and line up the laser head with the gauge. The top of the gauge should line up with the top of the knurled part of the nozzle.

(a) On the top right of the screen you will see the output area. You will just have one line of output with your speed/power setting etc.
    First you have the Layer, this is coloured black. The Mode, click the down arrow at the side of it and you can select Engrave. Out of the 4 option you will probably just use engrave or cut.

(b) Now double click on the black box. This will open your engrave options box. Set your required speed, I would suggest 400, set your power, for your ply wood I would say 40.

As a side note the speed you select is mm per second and will go up to 1000, Iv'e never used above around 600. The power you select is a % of the total, so 40 is 40% of 40 Watts (the rated power of your laser). So 40% of 40 is 16W.
    Set the scan gap to 0.102 (more about this later). Click OK.

(c) Now we have to get your Text to the machine. On the computer, click on 'download' over on the right. a box will open and you will see the file being downloaded to the machine. Text is usually pretty quick. If a box comes up asking if you want to replace Laser.MOL click on yes. When complete close the box.

(d) Back to the computer, click on 'Run Box'. The laser head will draw an imaginary square around the area it will engrave on. Once you are happy turn the extractor and blower on and click 'start'.

You should now have engraved your first job. Remember, the at this stage the manual is your bible. I found that flicking regularly helped me get to gris with the machine much more quickly.

Now it's time to play some more....

Click the left top icon to create a new workspace. It will ask if you want to save the changes. Click 'NO'.

Click on the icon with the square over on the left side, it has a dot in each corner. On the workspace click once, drag the mouse so a box is created, click again to release when at the required size. Remember, the grid on the workspace represents your cutting table. Each is 50mm so it gives you an idea of the out put size.

Now on the menu at the top, click on 'Draw' and then 'size'. In the box make the X 25 and the Y 50 and click ok. This has sized your box to exactly 25 x 50 mm.

Mover your laser head with X and Y buttons to a clear area on your plywood. Repeat steps (a) to (d). You should now have engraved a rectangle.

All of the above is 'engraving' or 'rastering'. Now we'll look at Vectoring.

Vectoring is where you are dealing with the outlines of an object or image. Instead of engraving on an area the idea is to cut. We can also use this to burn an outline by adjusting the power from that which will just mark the surface to cutting right through like you would if you wanted to cut acrylic or plastic sheet.

On the work area, use your text tool to write your name. adjust the font size ( the method used above) to make your name around 100mm long.

Now, in the output area at the top left where you set the engrave/cut and speed/power, click the arrow and select 'cut'. Double click the black bo and a box will pop up again, this time for the cut settings.

Set the speed to 15 and the power to 10, set the corner power to 10 as well. Click OK.

Download the file again. when it says 'do you want to replace' say 'Yes'. Now this new file is downloaded to the machine.
    Click start. You will notice that it is now using a 'cut' outline motion to 'vector' your name on the wood.
    This same process is used when actually cutting but using a higher power setting.

You should now have had a go at both engraving and cutting. Have a read through the manual again and you will notice you will understand a bit more of whats in there.

The next tutorial will be using your photo editing software to engrave an image.

Part 2

First, a reminder about images and engraving. When it comes to imaging the Laser is very basic. All it understands is binary. That is black/white, on/off, just two states.

The most common images, including photographs, are much more complicated than this. So it's our job to adjust the image to a state which the laser can understand.

Firstly we'll try a basic image and get it into the right 'format' for us to engrave on the laser.

This part of the tutorial is using PhotImpact photo editing software. Other software will OK although some of the features will have different names.

Ok, run the Photo Impact software. Click open and navigate to the Rugby.jpg file. Open it.

The image is currently a .jpg image which cannot be used on the laser. We need to convert it.

First, lets get rid of all the area we don't need. Click on the dotted box icon on the upper left side. Using the mouse draw a box around the image a small as you can without actually touching the image. It will have a dashed line around it.

Now got to 'edit' then 'crop'. this has now cut the overall size down. Now click 'adjust' and 'resize'. We are going to change the resolution of the image and resize it.

In the box that come up in the 'resolution' field, change it to 200 pixels/inch. change the size to 3" X 4" in the document size area. Make sure you Keep aspect ration ticked.

click OK. The image on screen will look much bigger than it really is. We made it 3" wide at 200 pixels/inch (also dots per inch or dpi).
    The image is made up of dots. Each inch of the image has, in this case, 200 dots. If you look at the top of the frame which the image is in you will see it's size in pixels. Divide this by 200 and it will be the size in inches.

Now, click 'adjust' then 'convert data type' then black and white'. In the right side of the box select 'none' from the drop down. Click OK.

A new image now appears which is a true 2-bit image which the laser can understand. Click 'file' then 'save as'
    In the box that comes up select 'BMP/RLE (windows bitmap) from the save as type drop down, it's the very top one. In the file name change it to 'rugby 3 x 2 200dpi' and save it to your testing folder.

Close the image. Close the first image and do not save the changes. This will preserve the original.

Close Photo Impact.

Go back to LaserCut 5.1 an start a new wor karea (remember the top left icon). Now click 'import data' icon (4th in from top left'. Find the rugby 3 x 2 200dpi.bmp that you just made and open it.

The follow the steps from (a) to (d) in tutorial one. You have now completed your first engraving form an image.

The next tutorial will be using a photograph as the original image. This can be done using PhotoImpact or similar software like photoShop, but for an easier method and one which is specifically made for laser photo engraving, I recommend PhotoGrav. I purchesed this from HPClaser.co.uk and cost £285 + VAT. You should find a supplier here http://photograv.com/pgdistributors.asp It is a sound investment if you want/need the ability to quickly make photo engravings.

I hope the above makes sense. If you have any questions, ask away or feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rabbit Laser hx6090 SE lasercut 5.3-rugby-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi I need hepl I purchased a chines machine whit laser cut 5.3 software and I don't have idea how I can set up the program to get cut or engraving if some body can help me please guive me some advice, the chines people tell me I have to change some # in the trablework first (puls,acc,etc.) but I don't have idea what can a numbers I have to put there to make the machine work I appreciated any help tks.