Artcam tutorial

Thread: Artcam tutorial

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Artcam tutorial

I'm new with artcam, I'm only evaluating it, I've seen the videos in the Artcam homepage, but I need something more detailed.

Do anybody have a videotutorial to learn Artcam step by step.? I've read about some user groups video tutorials.

I can't found any tutorial or course to learn Artcam.

Can you help me?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't found any video tutorials either but these are quite useful:
    http://digfablab.wikispaces.com/ArtCam+Pro+Tutorials

À bientôt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Image Editing

Hi there..

I'm using ArtCam Pro for creating 3d models for usage in MAXIMA 5A. The reliefs that ArtCam has in its library when you look at them in 2D view they use grey tone of colors to indicate the ''depth'' in Z Axis. How can I edit my color image file in this kind of colors. Here's an example of the colors I seek to create!

Thank You...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Artcam tutorial-he001-bmp  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have to make a distinction ...

One thing is a gray-scale of a photography ... any foto converted in Black and White for example ...

And another thing is a DEEP MAP obtained of a RILIEF, like the photo you post ...

Two different thing ...

What you imagine is impossible ... a photo is only a photo ... and with one click button only is possible "ENGRAVE" that photo without great less high ... and perhaps after put some "patina" to make the model visible ...

Said that ... the things to do are a few choices ...

The more professional are SCULPT your model, creating the volumes and heights ... like the video with the dog you can see on Youtube on the Delcam's page ... or in specific soft like ZBrush and others ...

And other is "prepare" your photo/model on a grafic software like CRAZY BUMP or SHADER MAP ... and depending of the photo, obtain some good results but to work on to arrive at a good relief ...

But the MAGIC of ONE CLICK and "voilà" don't exist ...

A third way can be make a good sketch design with the blacks and withes perfects on place; the heights in white and the deeps in black with grays soften all ... and when import in a CAD like ArtCAM or ASPIRE or either ZBrush, you get the relief ...

The photo you post can did make in this way ... but seems is a DEEP HEIGH MAP of a RELIEF hand made on a 3D software ...

Last edited by velleca55; 11-26-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been playing with Artcam for about a year. Anyone try finding a Grade II braille conversion download? I've looked a few times with no luck. In order to make ADA signs, the braille needs to be Grade II.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

no one so far ha? anyone some video?

Downloads
    Uploads

Try Vectric Aspire they have training videos and free trial software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default relief from 3d model

Quote Originally Posted by velleca55 View Post
    You have to make a distinction ...

One thing is a gray-scale of a photography ... any foto converted in Black and White for example ...

And another thing is a DEEP MAP obtained of a RILIEF, like the photo you post ...

Two different thing ...

What you imagine is impossible ... a photo is only a photo ... and with one click button only is possible "ENGRAVE" that photo without great less high ... and perhaps after put some "patina" to make the model visible ...

Said that ... the things to do are a few choices ...

The more professional are SCULPT your model, creating the volumes and heights ... like the video with the dog you can see on Youtube on the Delcam's page ... or in specific soft like ZBrush and others ...

And other is "prepare" your photo/model on a grafic software like CRAZY BUMP or SHADER MAP ... and depending of the photo, obtain some good results but to work on to arrive at a good relief ...

But the MAGIC of ONE CLICK and "voilà" don't exist ...

A third way can be make a good sketch design with the blacks and withes perfects on place; the heights in white and the deeps in black with grays soften all ... and when import in a CAD like ArtCAM or ASPIRE or either ZBrush, you get the relief ...

The photo you post can did make in this way ... but seems is a DEEP HEIGH MAP of a RELIEF hand made on a 3D software ...
    Look here: video

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the Vedio , Add me :Skype>david02162 or MSN。david@live.cn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aues View Post
    Look here: video
    Thanks nice job ... ... my last post was on 2010, now I'm using the Bas Relief in Blender after a lot of research ... but don't know Blender very well, but ArtCAM and a little bit of ZBrush ...

Your video is nice and I'd see that you works on Blender 2.62 and done the video with the Blender's patch included ... nice ...

For all who wants to make reliefs from 3d models I say to look your videos ...

Nice job AUES ... thanks ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks and Nice