Vector Art 3D Intro

Thread: Vector Art 3D Intro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vector Art 3D Intro

As we now have a heading topic on CNCZone I thought I better add something to it. Vector Art 3D provides 3D models in a variety of formats which are optimized for CNC carving. You can access the site here: http://www.vectorart3d.com purchase and download files. We even offer a free 3D machining package and free sample models: http://www.vectorart3d.com/machinist_free.

Feel free to post questions, suggestions or ideas for the site and also if you want to post images of work you have created with our models. Below are some examples from our gallery of customers work created with our models.

Thanks,
    James Booth

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vector Art 3D Intro-1711030925_51c3b283ee-jpg   Vector Art 3D Intro-3d_signs-012-jpg   Vector Art 3D Intro-avaplaque004-jpg   Vector Art 3D Intro-waiting-room-sign-jpg  

Vector Art 3D Intro-penner1-jpg   Vector Art 3D Intro-102-0292_img-jpg   Vector Art 3D Intro-fish_01-jpg   Vector Art 3D Intro-img_2064-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Congratulations, James

JamesB,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on getting your own piece of CNCzone 'real estate'. WAY TO GO!!!

Now everyone can get an inexpensive start into 2.5D/3D machining with your FREE Version of Vector Art 3D Machinist and the two complimentary sets of Vector Art 3D V3M Models. Each set of models is available in regular, dished and recessed styles. Be sure to check them out.

If you want to quickly get up to speed using Vector Art 3D Machinist, make sure you view the two video tutorials at the bottom of the page linked above.

Take a peek at the fantastic works in the Vector Art 3D Gallery to see how you can enhance your next project and make it more profitable.

Plus, it's FUN! (If you can't tell, I'm one happy customer. Thanks, James!)

Let's get the CARVE 3D Forum started,

Last edited by HayTay; 12-03-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Harry, appreciate the recommendation. We have some interesting stuff planned for next year which hopefully will make the site even better and also plan to add some software tutorials showing how to get the best from the parts.

Cheers, James

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi James,

I have a particular type of raised carving I want to do and the best example I can find is on old black powder rifles such as in this link.

http://www.recreatinghistory.com/ima...-2/ETG-2-2.jpg

While I manufacture competition rifle stocks and pistol grips, and would eventually like to incorporate some of this in some special stocks, this in not my immediate desire. I say desire rather than need because it is not really a need!

Now to my question. I want to cover an area approximately 22" X 14" with continous scroll, with some changing of direction etc. Will I be better laying a wire frame down in Rhino and just modeling ( huge time) or is there some way to do this fairly quickly and hopefully inexpensively?

I am vague about what I want to cover because if it is indeed successful, I want to offer this as a service and the early bird thing come into play here.

Mike

No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike, I guess I am not 100% what you mean by continuous scroll, do you have an example image? I know that our STL format can be loaded into Rhino 4 and edited, copied, mirrored etc. so not sure if that would help if you could find a component piece to start with? Let me know more about what you need and I will try to help when I understand fully?

Thanks,
    James

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi James,

That statement should have said "continous coverage", or as close as possible. On your gallery site, there is a chest with three drawers that are carved. That is as close to the style as I can find other than on the old muzzle loaders. Now if you reduce that carving on the drawers, and it was all raised instead of sunken, and nothing was over 1.5-2mm high, we would be close in size. Imagine now that instead of that drawer having one carving image, it was complete covered with scroll carving.

I hope I explained what I'm after. If not, and if you don't mind I can send you a private email with an attachment of the actual part I want to carve so you can get a better idea of what I am after.

Mike

No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is the model from our site used on the drawers the file can be scaled and there are different versions available for raised and recessed: http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/ind...etail&ID=33901
    For a fee we can also modify files so if this does not answer the question shoot me an image with more info jab(at)carve3d(dot)com

Thanks, James

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i just wanted to say that ive used the vectorart3d services and they are amazing...very professional....i had them do a pretty complicated 3d drawing for me that they accomplished with just basic photos and a dxf outline to go by....i highly reomend these guys if you need any 3d drawings done

Downloads
    Uploads

Default them Grapes!!!

james made this available for a booth (no pun intended) display at IWF2008

he will be making the file available to those who desire on monday 8-18-2008

he has been soo helpfull in assisting my commercial use of his vector art 3d and vectrics products that i have found no need of any other products.

the latest

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf4deIfXySc"]YouTube - more grapes

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8i6ptjGhQg&feature=related"]YouTube - them grapes!!

will post some finished product later today!!

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guy's, can someone help !!

I've stumbled upon Vectorart3d while trying to find a way of putting decoratice carvings onto small wooden boxes and thought I'd found the answer.

But after downloading the free samples and the software package I have hit a snag, I want to be able to have the model raised from the box lid, basically starting with a box lid thicker than I need and removing material leaving the carving raised from the lid.

I can't figure out how to do this with the vectorart3d software, it only seems to allow the cutting in of the model to the surface without an option to remove the surrounding material of the lid to the required level. I use Solidworks and Solidcam and the .STL files are too large to import otherwise all would be good !

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

been awhile since i ised va3d, i would look at the forum, yet i belive the free mchinist program has lilitations to machinig the va3d file only

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl