3D Milling Machine Problem

Thread: 3D Milling Machine Problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3D Milling Machine Problem

Hi, this is my first post.
    I'm setting up a Rong Fu 45 for 3d CNC. I'm using Mach 3, PMDX 126, and Gecko 320. I have the y axis jogging. I did have the x axis jogging. However, the x axis ran into some problems. It will now jog to the right, but faults out to the left after moving only a fraction of an inch. I find it very hard if not impossible to make an x-move manually with the shaft knob (power disconnected). This mill has been sitting around not being used for a few years. I think it probably needs to be lubed, or possibly something is bound. If I take the belt off the motor, it runs fine; no feedback of course.
    I have no manual for this mill, and have no idea how to remove the table in order to inspect an lube.
    thanks, rex

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3D Milling Machine Problem

It does sound like a mechanical problem. You'll probably have to disassemble it at least partially to see what's hanging up. When you do this, de-rust, clean, and lubricate everything you come across. If you really can't figure out how to get it apart, try posting something a lot more specific, like "Disassembly Instructions for RF 45?"

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]