Robofil Control Reset when Turn On Injection Pump

Thread: Robofil Control Reset when Turn On Injection Pump

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Robofil Control Reset when Turn On Injection Pump

I've having a problem where the control resets whenever I turn on the high pressure injection pump. It must be because the instant current to turn on that pump is so high that it pulls down the DC power supply low enough that it resets all the control boards.

this seems ridiculous though. the machine manual wants 12kVa electrical service. I installed 20kVa to the 230v to 400v transformer, and then I have a 400V three phase regulator box after that that is good to 15kVa. So the power service should be enough.

I wonder if there's something hanging up the motor? I did retap my transformer and bypass the regulator. the input is around 430v, and under that condition I got the high pressure injection pump to turn on without resetting the control. I want my regulator to be on the line though.

I put another regulator on the 110v input to the DC psu today. That just doesnt respond fast enough. Maybe the caps in the DC supply are going bad?

My plan is to install a soft starter on the high pressure injection pump to ramp it up slower and draw less current. This just seems insane to me though, as the pump is only 2.2kW.

somethings up. anyone seen this before? my machine is a Charmilles Robofil 510

thanks