Need Help! Sodick A280 Wire Edm

Thread: Sodick A280 Wire Edm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sodick A280 Wire Edm

This machine has been running fine. I needed to move the table in MDI mode so I pressed the X- button and the machine gave a "Heat Stop by Overload" error. I have seen that error before so I rebooted the computer. Usually that error goes away. I checked the two Servopacks and the lights appeared to be OK. I rebooted the computer and pushed the X- button but now the machine moved in the X+ direction until it hit the X+ limit switch. I rebooted the machine again and tried a move. No matter which button I pushed (X+, X-, Y+ or Y-) the machine moved in the X+ direction until it hit the limit switch. I changed both servopacks and I still have that problem.

I can program moves in MDI mode and both axes move correctly except that now it moves approximately twice as far as programed. I can go into "Cutting" mode, program a distance and it will cut a part just fine.