Need Help! Sodick A320L with Mark EX Control Problems

Thread: Sodick A320L with Mark EX Control Problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sodick A320L with Mark EX Control Problems

Hello everyone! We've been having a problem with our new old EDM for the past several days. Anytime we use a cut operation whether with or without water, the machine errors with a short circuit. I've read that it could be the wire coming into contact with something within the heads, so I attempted to get it to cut without the wire (holding the wire contact by hand) and still it short circuits. I just finished pulling, cleaning and re-installing all the wires (one by one so they don't get mixed up) and yet it still short circuits. It won't even make a cut operation in the middle of the basin with nothing around it! I'm heading out for the day thoroughly defeated. I hope someone has an idea or has seen this before.

Michael

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sodick A320L with Mark EX Control Problems

I know this sounds basic, but have you checked the feed rollers don't have a piece of wire wrapped around them? Or that a piece of stray wire isn't touching hte machine chassis and grounding it?

Flork

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There is nothing that I can see. I've had another technician go over it too, so I don't think it's a visible problem unless we both missed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mark your discharge cable connections clearly and try disconnecting them from the power supply to the machine. Then try a test cut. If it still short circuits you can isolate it to a board problem in the power supply or a problem with an actual short circuit somewhere in the machine. Little slivers of wire or slugs can find themselves in the darnedest places sometimes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This appears to be the case. I have disconnected the cables from the power supply and I still have a short circuit error. At least I can stop looking at the cutting basin and scratching my head. Any fuses or obvious things to look for on the boards?

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a procedure for pulling boards one by one that my parts dealer has walked me through on the phone before. They can do a rebuild exchange on most of the boards. They are McWilliams EDM and they are located in North Carolina and also have a shop in Detroit metro area. They have treated me good over the years.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just to let everyone know, it turned out to be a ground wire that somehow came off the board directly behind the main breaker in the Control Unit. Once that was hooked back up and the associated breaker was reset, the problem was fixed. Now I just need to figure out why the U axis started moving erratically this morning. I think we got a lemon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default sodick a320

Quote Originally Posted by MrTallant View Post
    Just to let everyone know, it turned out to be a ground wire that somehow came off the board directly behind the main breaker in the Control Unit. Once that was hooked back up and the associated breaker was reset, the problem was fixed. Now I just need to figure out why the U axis started moving erratically this morning. I think we got a lemon.
    hello how are you, could you help me with my machine, it presents the same problem, it just does not turn on the green boot spot on the main board, I really appreciate your help