Calypso control software

Thread: Calypso control software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Calypso control software

I was hopeing that someone could help me out. I have a 2002 6x12 calypso shark that the control pc is freaking out. I need to upgrade the pc but I cannot find my NCgeomate/NCconsole discs. I have version 6.2. I need a copy of these discs. Can anyone help me? I have tried Calypso for the last two weeks and no reply from phone calls or emails.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I heard that Calypso went out of business. Can anyone confirm this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Now might be a good time to consider upgrading to an open control and electronics to match. MACH3 has good plasma "Bones" and has 15,000 users and it's own support forums.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com
    Totally Modular CNC Electronics

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Calypso Software Issue

You are able to back up your current version of software through your pc in the console. I know network cards in these machine caused some issues. I do believe that Calypso has also filed chapter 11, so getting support from them will be tough. If you can let me know specific issues i may be able to help you out!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, for starters, I cant seem to get the accurate mid line leaders to work. Every time I select them it just defaults to no leaders at all. If I select the cut path to change the leader style the curved leaders show correctly but it it dosent transfer to the cut path.

Also the cut path generated in GeoMate will show correct (ie. outside of outter geometry and inside for features such as holes) but when opened in Console it will be half outside and half inside geometry for outter profiles and then all holes are outside. If I change nothing and reload it over and over it will finally import correctly.

Also I cant get my auto height sensor working correctly even after installing a new control card from Galil. Im not sure if Im missing a driver or what.

Any help would be great. I have read GeoHelp and ConsoleHelp about a million times but I haven't had an factory training on the machine.

Thanks, Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are there any problems when using straight mid line leaders?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Calypso software

I have many different versions of NC Console and Geomate available to me here. Which version of main control board is on your machine MK3 with Galil or MK 4 with PMDI?

Let me know if you need anything and i will try to sort it out for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

lee, are you able generate license keys? I was told that i was given a permanent key but every few months i have to call for a new key. I'm not sure what to do if this happens in the near future, being that my machine was payed for before i recieved it, i'm unsure why my license key needs updated.

thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the MK3 with Galil. I also have the license key to the software. My machine is a 2004 6x12 dual head with auto height control and a 60 hp KMT pump.

I only have problems with the acurate learders. The straight mid lines work fine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Galil Firmware

I have a 2003 Calypso Shark 6 x 12 Dual Head. We recently did a firmware update in January to enhance "reduced accelerations" with in the software. After doing the update, we have had problems cutting intricate artwork. The gantry would shake. And now that Calypso has filed for Chapter 11, I need their assistance. I would like to revert back to the previous version of the Firmware. Does anyone have a copy of the Firmware before this version: DMC 2162 6 Axis revision s62l? The file extension is *.hex.

Please let me know.

Vincent

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Calypso Waterjet Support

All Calypso Users,

My name is Scott Weber and I am the former Service Manager for Calypso Waterjet Systems. Myself and the Sr. Engineer from Calypso (Richard Carey) are now with Multicam (www.multicam.com). Multicam is committed to provide ongoing service and support for your Calypso Machines. We have begun stocking many of the parts and are continuing to get more each day. Please feel free to call or email me (sweber@multicam.com) 972-929-4070.

I typically would not post such a message however it is clear there are many Calypso owners (many with very new machines), who felt they have no where to turn.

Best Regards,

Scott Weber

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Calypso Software License Keys

Hello fellow Calypso Orphans

I too have what I was *told* was an unusual occurrence by Calypso, the **PERMANENT** license key(s) have expired on our WaterJet.

It usually did this about every 5 to 7 months and required a call to Calypso to have them generate new keys. While it was never a problem to have them do it, it certainly caused downtime and wasn't always easy to get it re-licensed.

I was told this was an unusual thing to happen, but as I have been searching the web to find a solution to the problem, I see that it was quite a common thing to happen. The question is, is there a solution to this problem?

I have seen folks asking for someone to generate keys, but as the disappearing licenses issue now seems common, I would think the application itself is needed so the keys can be generated on demand. I understand why this would be frowned upon when Calypso was in business, IE buying one software then buying several machines to use it on, but at this point, Calypso WaterJets are no longer a going concern, so this issue would seem without merit anymore.

It's great that Scott Weber from Multicam has stepped forward as a former Calypso employee and is willing to help us out on parts and service, but from what I understand from him is that they do not have the facility to generate new licenses for the software. The person he referred me to has not responded to emails, so I am here asking if anyone else has found a solution.

Thanks to all for any help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Calypso Waterjet Support

I am aggressively pursuing a means for Multicam to deal with the licensing issues. Multicam has had several discussions with the company that wrote the software for Calypso. (Calypso did not own the software, it was written exclusively for them by a company called Winter City Software). Since there are no Calypso users that have not paid for the equipment, I personally do not see why the software necessary to provide the keys is not being made available at no charge.

Winter City has given a copy of the license software to Bill.johnston1@hotmail.com. His cell number is 951-264-9368. I speak to Bill on a fairly regular basis so if he is not responding to your request please feel free to call or email me and I will try to get a hold of him for you.

As mentioned in the previous post Multicam is providing parts and service however for the time being we are not able to provide software keys. Feel free to call or email me if you have any questions or concerns.

Scott Weber
    Multicam
    972-929-4070
    sweber@multicam.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Paul Harvey on the Calypso Software

First and foremost, THANK YOU to both Scott Weber of Multicam and Bill Johnston of Hi-Line Industrial for their efforts to help us Calypso owners.

To paraphrase the recently departed Paul Harvey.....

.... and now for the REST of the story....

I just had a wonderful talk with Bill Johnston, a very nice man, who explains that he can, in fact, issue license keys for the Calypso software. Now comes the caveat....

As Scott Weber explained, the company that wrote the software for Calypso is called Winter City Software located in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Basically, their mainstay of operation was Calypso, though they do other contract software for other folks.

Bill explained to me that for a yearly fee of $50, Winter City, via Bill Johnston, will support the software and issue keys. Console is only 1 part of the software, which they will eventually rewrite to have keyless. GeoMate, on the other hand, is capable of generating regular code that can be used on ANY CNC machine, not just the Calypso. Therefore, they will be making available DONGLES at some point, to permanently license that software. It is unknown what that will cost, or when it will happen at the moment, although they are feverishly working on it.

It was explained to me by Bill, that the reason some folks lose the licenses is basically POWER INTERRUPTIONS. So if you have a hiccup, burp or fart in your power supply, it is the culprit for losing the license. This can be a brownout, plain old blown breaker, surge, whatever. POOF and it's gone.

Basically it comes down to this, the software is being viewed as not the property of Calypso or YOU at the moment, rather, Winter City retains the rights so it is unlikely that an unfettered version is coming in the foreseeable future.

There you have it folks, the rest of the story. Contact Bill, and he will take care of your license requirements and keep you in the loop regarding future developments on this front.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jettech View Post
    All Calypso Users,

My name is Scott Weber and I am the former Service Manager for Calypso Waterjet Systems. Myself and the Sr. Engineer from Calypso (Richard Carey) are now with Multicam (www.multicam.com). Multicam is committed to provide ongoing service and support for your Calypso Machines. We have begun stocking many of the parts and are continuing to get more each day. Please feel free to call or email me (sweber@multicam.com) 972-929-4070.

I typically would not post such a message however it is clear there are many Calypso owners (many with very new machines), who felt they have no where to turn.

Best Regards,

Scott Weber

I feel so sorry for you and the many calypso users. Multicam commited to provide ongoing service and support....... at least you got some humor about it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh and when you see Craig Brooks walking around say hello to him for me, and ask him how Cantool is doing......

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New to water jet

In a new job where we're trying to get the water jet table running and have NC Geomate to run a Calypso table.

Any chance anyone has a copy of the user manual or operator documentation for NC Geomate? I'll check with MultiCam to see if they can help out too...

Edit: (Tried looking online - and the help menu in the program was a dead end.)

Called the guys at MultiCam - excellent customer support. Sent me a copy of the help file for the console and enlightened me to the fact that you can access the help files for NC Geomate directly from the file system.

Last edited by T8r; 08-20-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to water jet your Manual NC Geomate

Here is a help printout and you can have all the NC Geomate information too in your help info inside the NC Geomate

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calypso control software-nc_geomate_demo_help_manual-pdf