Westcott or Piranha

Thread: Westcott or Piranha

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Westcott or Piranha

Looking for any one with info on either of these two systems. I am down to these two plasma systems after looking at many for the last couple of weeks they fit my 30k budget for a 4 x 8 water table and meet most of my other criteria any input is appreciated!

Westcott Plasma CNC Plasma Tables

https://piranhafab.com/plasma/

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default re: Westcott or Piranha

I went with the Westcott Plasma I will follow up in 8 weeks with some feedback since I can not find any info here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, New here and new to CNC. I wish I had found this sooner, I have been waiting for a Westcott table since October of last year. Good luck, hope you didn't send any money up front.

Downloads
    Uploads

I ordered a Titan 5’x10’ back in October of ‘17. Was trying to get it before the end of the year and Brian told me he couldn’t guarantee it but it’d be close. 10 weeks would have been January 1. He said to avoid any delays I could pay in full up front, I figured I borrowed he money anyway so wasn’t going to be using it and if it got the table a little sooner then I’d do it. I wired them almost $21k dollars including shipping cost on October 23rd of ‘17. I still do not have the table and they have not contacted me 1 single time in the whole 5 months to update me without me calling or emailing numerous times. In fact, Ryan acted put out the one time I was able to get him on the phone. They are only days away from 20 weeks with absolutely no regard for me or my money. I talked to Brian again yesterday and he still could not tell me when it’ll be done. I believe they have been taking money up front and waiting to get enough to order some bulk parts from China instead of building as they go. Not sure of that, but if not they just basically took my money to work on interest free with no intention of building my table. I am days away from legal action or driving 16 hours to Arizona to collect.

I want to put this out there so someone else doesn’t get taken like I did. Maybe they will still make it right somehow but they have cost me a lot of money and a couple customers. If they do I’m happy to be a man and admit it. We’ll see

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

buy a JD2 youll be happy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldon View Post
    buy a JD2 youll be happy
    To be honest I looked at them but wanted to get away from the pc control and needed a heavier duty table that can run 10 hrs a day 6 days a week. Nice looking table but just not heavy duty enough for me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you have he budget AKS cutting systems in cleavland ohio has a top table that can run 24 7

Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to post back as an update to my previous post. I have talked to Ryan at Westcott and I think we have everything sorted out. There was a major communication disconnect but I feel like it has been solved. When I talked to him this last time I saw the effort for customer service I had read about them when I was searching for a table. I now believe they are going thru major growing pains as a company and hope they get sorted out. I am going to their shop next week so I can report back after if anyone is interested.

Downloads
    Uploads

Want to update this again just in case anyone is interested,
    I didn't want to leave this hanging out of fairness to Ryan and his crew
    . I now have my Titan table and hope to have it set up in a day or two and try it out. Despite the rocky start Ryan has been going above and beyond to make it right. The table itself is every bit as nice as it looked online. I now know they were having some issues that were out of their control (as we all do from time to time) but looks like they're back on track. I will say Ryan has since shown me the customer service I read about before deciding to buy from them. Even though I was pretty harsh before, Ryan has handled it like a true professional and most likely much better than I would if the roles were reversed.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was curious how you like the Westcott titan table? I’m waiting on delivery of my pro series table with the design 2 cut controls

Quote Originally Posted by RDWfab View Post
    . I now have my Titan table and hope to have it set up in a day or two and try it out. Despite the rocky start Ryan has been going above and beyond to make it right. The table itself is every bit as nice as it looked online. I now know they were having some issues that were out of their control (as we all do from time to time) but looks like they're back on track. I will say Ryan has since shown me the customer service I read about before deciding to buy from them. Even though I was pretty harsh before, Ryan has handled it like a true professional and most likely much better than I would if the roles were reversed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jmod60 View Post
    I was curious how you like the Westcott titan table? I’m waiting on delivery of my pro series table with the design 2 cut controls
    I like the table, it is the only table I have ever used so can’t give you any direct comparisons to others. The Design2Cut is good but I feel like it’s easy to outgrow depending on what you’re doing or expecting from your table. I never use the text in the program because it cuts crappy, not enough nodes to make smooth arcs or circles. Same with small holes, the cut as much like hex or octagon shapes as circles. The table is capable but the software is the problem. I think you’ll like the pro table better for sure, the Water level isn’t adjustable on mine so you have to fish for small parts. I use other programs to do the majority of any type art work and use Word for any and all text then run it thru Vector Magic then bring into D2C. It’s the only way you can get acceptable results. I had no experience with Cnc and it was really easy to pick up on. It just seems really limited on any adjustability which is probably part of what makes it easier to learn for a beginner.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Westcott or Piranha

Quote Originally Posted by RDWfab View Post
    if you don't mind sharing,What exactly were the issues that Ryan said they were having and the reason for the delay in you getting the table?