New Machine Build Cannot get torch to fire on mach 3

Thread: Cannot get torch to fire on mach 3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cannot get torch to fire on mach 3

I've built a 4x8' cnc plasma table .using a hypertherm 65 with machine torch .mach3 software.and a proma 150 thc ,with a db25 1202 breakout board. Tried to assign the torch on/off to pin#17 but have a constant 5volt whether torch is on or off.and on my diagnostic screen it shoes nothing but output 1 blinking and 6 is blinking also not sure where to go from here any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cannot get torch to fire on mach 3

On my breakout board ...CNC4Pc C11 board, the port 1 pin17 is for the charge pump..that is the constant signal from Mach that makes the BOB active..Without that signal, such when you hit the reset button to inactive the BOB shuts down..

The pin that activates my torch is pin 1..it closes the relay that is attached to the torch switch to turn on the torch..

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cannot get torch to fire on mach 3

Pin 17 is the torch output on my Geckodrive G540 driver board so that sounds about right. Charge pump is pin 16. You're sure you have the "port" set up in Mach3 pin config? Defaults to 0 but you have to set it to 1 to work.

I've found this is a nice Windows app for debugging your DB25 pins and seeing what Mach3 is REALLY up to: https://www.downtowndougbrown.com/20...l-port-tester/