Need Help! Chinese machine problems

Thread: Chinese machine problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese machine problems

Hey guys,

Ive got a 1325 Plasma table with RichAuto controller, running a hypertherm 45A unit. Ive got Fastcam set up on a separate PC to use for design, etc, etc. i bought the machine second hand from a company that had upgraded to a laser machine. the guy i was dealing with when i bought it sent across a couple of sample cuts with the machine to show that it was working. these are in a .plt format from corel draw or similar, and they work fine. the problem im having is when i design something, say a rectangle, it will cut the first and second sides perfectly, however when it gets to the 3rd side it will just keep going until i cancel the program!! i have checked the code and also run the file in a cnc simulator and it works perfectly, however obviously in the machine its just not playing the game. fastcam is set to save in a .cnc format. i am at my wits end, i need to get this machine making me money instead of just being a storage table since i bought it.

has anyone out there got any ideas? i have been emailing the manufacturer in china with no real luck.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese machine problems

Who knows waht kind of gcodes and macros that controller (if it even does use G code. A plt is a PLOTTER file and there are some differert version of that. So what tyoe of file has to be loated tot he controler? Is a PLT file? If so its won't control your Z except to issue a PENUP or PENDOWN (plotters are two axis machines. So the POST in FastCAm has to send the CHICOM controller the right commnads or it won't do what its supposed to. So what did the guy that sold you the table use to generate HIS files? You said they ran fine. So what format were they in. Hopefully you got a really good deal on the table so if you have to upgrade the controller you have the budget to go there. Sometimes a check with this community BEFORE you make a purchase can tell you what you might be facing. In this case you probaly would not have gotten any responses which in itself says something.

First rule of management: "make your problem someone else’s"