Need Help! Having plasma Issues :(

Thread: Having plasma Issues :(

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Having plasma Issues :(

Hi,

I've recently installed the centricut quick disconnect torch (C107-1050) onto the plasma cutter I work with. Everything is installed & is operational, but for some reason it wont initiate an arc when I set the pierce height above 8mm. I'm thinking that I possibly set the torch too low and the THC thinks the torch height is higher? (Using the previous torch, I could set the pierce height to about 12mm, after which point I would have trouble getting the arc to initiate). When I installed the current torch, I marked on the torch body where the previous torch height was and proceeded to install to the same point. I've looked online for instructions on how to set the initial torch height but have had no luck. Do you guys have any info on how to set the initial torch height? and how to get the plasma to pierce at a greater height (one method I read was to have the arc initiate at one height and then set it to go higher for the duration of the pierce? (so that when youre cutting through e.g. 25 - 32mm the spatter doesnt destroy the shield).

Also, should the cut be interrupted / have any problems & require homing, does not resume in the last saved location (it is usually out by about 100mm).

I'm having another issue where the physical torch height is different from the programmed transfer height (out by about 1.5mm)

Has anyone had these issues / know how to fix them? I live in New Zealand, and our tech support is pretty bad. If you don't know how to fix them, who do you know of that may be able to provide some sort of assistance remotely.