Need Help! ROUND CORNERS plasma Cutting

Thread: ROUND CORNERS plasma Cutting

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ROUND CORNERS plasma Cutting

Dear Friends recently i bought a Plasma CNC cutting machine and I m faceing some problems

Yesturday I tried different methods of cutting 4 mm steel squares but every time it seemed to face the same problem

THe corners of the square are rounded not 90 degrees and melted

When cutting at every change of direction the machine remains for a fraction of a second at the corner and round the corners

Can you give me some tips to get a better result

Maybe a parameter settings for cutting at different thicknes

I m using:
    - StarFire controller SF-2100C
    - XPTHC-4 Torch hight control
    - plasma source HUAYUAN ELECTRIC EQUIPMENT LGK-63 AMPS

Regards

ROUND CORNERS plasma Cutting-corner-problem-jpg

ROUND CORNERS plasma Cutting-parameter-settings-1-jpg

ROUND CORNERS plasma Cutting-parameter-settings-2-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ROUND CORNERS plasma Cutting

Probably a setting in the CAM system you are using. I am not familiar with any of the software or hardware you are using.
    One sure way to get square corners especially if the machine is cutting well otherwise is to dog ear the corners. Overrun the corners in a circular path to come back around to the profile. That way there are no stops and starts on the profile itself. No messing around with functioning parameters either.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ROUND CORNERS plasma Cutting

Typically corners get rounded because the table cannot hit an acceleration point it would need and the control software "cheats" and rounds the corners based on the motor settings. There’s not a single thing you have that I have ever seen and the screen shot of the settings are not in parameters that mean anything other than the full speed in mm.min. the 4000,mm number is not real fast so your table may not have the capability to accelerate to the speeds it woul dneed for sharp corners. You have a cornetr setting but I have no idea what it means or what the parameter changes. The G-Code I am sure just calls for a square corner. Its the control software that is rounding your corners