First cuts with the new machine

Thread: First cuts with the new machine

Default First cuts with the new machine

So I finally have my system up and running. Took a little tweaking but very shortly after a few test cuts I was able to cut this. The down draft system I made works like a champ zero smoke I just have to make sure to cover the edges of the table where the material doesn't so it doesn't plume outside the edges but all in all it does the job nicely.

Let me know how the cut looks compared to what it is suppose to look like. The part is 10" overall big, I don't know if there is a way to get it to cut the (cutouts) a little cleaner. But that's the only thing I see that could use a little work. Or is that the best I'll expect to see with the plasma?

Specs are 2x4 custom table, power max 45xp,

12ga stainless
    . 08 pierce, . 02 cut height, 110 ips,.5 second delay time.

Using a floating head. Thc is off now as when I was messing with it I kept having the damn head crash into the table.

This is the part directly off the table.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First cuts with the new machine-20170824_213713-jpg   First cuts with the new machine-20170824_213717-jpg   First cuts with the new machine-20170824_213734-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: First cuts with the new machine

Looks like you are off to a great start

Quote Originally Posted by LureMin View Post
    Using a floating head. Thc is off now as when I was messing with it I kept having the damn head crash into the table.
    I know the feeling. The first cut I did with THC enabled was a massive crash too. It the torch had of stll been attached, the tip would have been 8mm below the bottom of the material! ANyway , it did not take long to sort it out.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Default Re: First cuts with the new machine

What THC are you running? i may want to consider doing some break away torch as all mine did was crash and keep going lol, i hit the e stop pretty quick so just the gantry lifted off the rail a little bit but still dont want to have that happen again especially on a bigger piece where im not jsut test cutting.