Help setting up older tracker plas table

Thread: Help setting up older tracker plas table

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help setting up older tracker plas table

Hi all.
    I got a deal on a 10+ year old(2004?) tracker plasma table. I'm pretty familiar with more industrial duty machines so i get the basics but will have to learn about this one specifically.
    Tracker told me they don't have any manuals that old, so i need to figure out how to use command n cut or just replace the program with something better. Supposedly command n cut doesn't do lead ins or kerf compensation so i think i would prefer to upgrade, but i'm nervous about the old machine/computer meshing with a new software.

I use solid works to make dxfs, but i don't want to account for the kerf and lead ins ahead of time.

Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.

Being a bargain table, i would like to keep costs down until it can prove itself and make me some money.

If anyone has an old tracker manual, that would be a huge help.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help setting up older tracker plas table

After playing around with it, i have a couple questions.
    When i set the "origin", should i be manually lining up the torch tip with the corner of the plate? If so, is there a way i can set to always have the origin in the same spot so i can use stops to align the sheets?
    The arc voltage control seems to be on a dimmer type switch. Is there a way to figure out what voltage it is or do i gotta do it by trial and error.

Btw, its running a cutmaster a60

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help setting up older tracker plas table

I installed sheetcam and mach 3. Going through mach 3s manual now. Any tips would be appreciated.