Newbie Tinyg controlling plasma on/off

Thread: Tinyg controlling plasma on/off

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Tinyg controlling plasma on/off

I have an ox with a tinyg controller and want to use it for plasma. It works great with fusion 360 and chillipeppr as a router using the spindle with a manual on off switch. What I don't know how to do is set up a plasma cutter to come on and off at the right time for plasma cutting. What does tinyg do to make the torch come on and off? what software should I use?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tinyg controlling plasma on/off

If you use MACH3 on your tinyg you will have the option to preheat the material with torch ON (set into seconds delay) that gives the torch to bore a hole by melting it right through the material then that`s the time it will follow the route path you created just like I did in the workshop it`s a manual plasma machine (40 amp) hooked up on a modified CNC kit, I used MACH 3 plasma for the software, cuts a 3/8 inch steel desig in seconds, I set the machine to begin with 8 second delay before it starts moving to give time to poke a hole on the thick plate, does the job perfectly, hundreds of them in 2 hours.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tinyg controlling plasma on/off-20170719_084615-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I read that mach3 didn't work with the tinyg I will try that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Redneckdarrell View Post
    I read that mach3 didn't work with the tinyg I will try that.
    I guess they're not good enough on setting up I guess, mine is working perfectly with ROI in less than a year, sorry it's not really mine, it's from a company I worked with, im just the one converting this and set-up from top to bottom, I used the MACH3 plasma on this set-up, not the mach3 mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Plasma is a complex beast so I personally I don't think it is well suited to the limitations of a TinyG controller (and of course Mach3 won't run on Arduino based hardware).

I've spent the last 12 months building a plasma cutter controlled by LinuxCNC and finally made my first cuts over the weekend. WIth LinuxCNC you can choose to turn the plasma on and off with the M3 command but I've used the digital M64 P1 (on) and M65 P1 (off) so I can turn it on and off within the post processor I use (sheetcam) M64/M65 are special LCNC codes that turn a digital output on and off. (in my cas, digital output 1). Have a look at the plasma section on LCNC forum https://forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/index

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is ROI ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Redneckdarrell View Post
    What is ROI ?
    Return of investment sir, the shop invested $500+ on the unit, gets it back less than a year, the succeding years will be profit.