thermal dynamics pakmaster 100xl

Thread: thermal dynamics pakmaster 100xl

Downloads
    Uploads

Default thermal dynamics pakmaster 100xl

i recently acquired a cnc flame/plasma table, been using with flame torch but ready to add plasma .

my question is , i have a great pakmaster 100xl machine but has hf start , would it work ok on table if i add a machine torch or would be better off buying newer pilot arc machine to use?i use table to cut heavy plate and will be using flame torch for the most part, but do want the option of plasma also.

what are everyones recommendations for plasma machines? like the price of the chinese machines, lotos ltp5000 and ltp 6000, but not sure how they will hold up over time.

thanks
    r brintle

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: thermal dynamics pakmaster 100xl

You will be a master of EMI suppresion if you can make the pakmaster XL series work. It will make you wristwatch run backwards with its HF start burst of noise (well, not quite that bad) I dont know the basic controls you will be using but if they were made largely for flame cutting I doudt they are "hardened" to do cutting in a high noise world. Drag your Pakmaster up and fire up the table and dry cut a job (flame off) and fire the PakMaster a few times . If it just keeps moving and never misses a beat then you might have a chance. Mounting the torch on the table and actually cutting metal increases the noise and feedback to the controls. Plasma technology (especially torches) have evolved a lot in the last 10 years Plasma cutting is a lot more involved than flame cutting . You will have to decide if you are going to do the plasma process of IHS (touch off) , pierce and plunge to cut height and maintain cut height with a THC or just build a spring loaded pneumatic "retractor" with roller tracking on the plasma torch .