Wiring in a PriceCNC AVHC10 - HobbyCNC Pro

Thread: Wiring in a PriceCNC AVHC10 - HobbyCNC Pro

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring in a PriceCNC AVHC10 - HobbyCNC Pro

I'm needing some help with with a new PriceCNC AVHC10 THC installing with a HobbyCNC Pro 4 Axis break out board. According to the diagram each of the inputs is showing a positive and negative going to the generic BOB. Each of the black wires associates with the twisted color, and appears that I need to attach this to 6 different inputs (which I do not have) and 2 outputs.

I understand that Mach3 can only use pins 10,11,12,13 and 15 as inputs. 1,14,16, and 17 can only be used as output pins in Mach3.

So for the yellow and yellow/black which is positive and negative, showing connected to an output, doesnt make sense, nor does any of the others where it shows for example "UP" shows going to 2 connections of the input.

See attached. It doesnt appear that any of the wires are common going to this THC.

Basically, how do I wire this up appropriately? I currently am using the inputs for home/limits, and will have to consolidate those to all hard limits in series.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring in a PriceCNC AVHC10 - HobbyCNC Pro-2c7593_c4f0c9d6456f42eea19736fcf7857b79-mv2-png  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring in a PriceCNC AVHC10 - HobbyCNC Pro

Each input on a BoB should have two wires. You need 3 dedicated Inputs (for UP/DOWN and ARC OK) and one dedicated output to fire the torch. Not to sure what the output for anti dive is all about though. As you stated a single parallel port MACH3 setup has 5 inputs and one has to be for E-Stop. Use three for THC and you have one left for ALL your other inputs. YOu can added a second parallel port card and another BOB and get more I/O.
    You have some interesting surprises in store trying to use this on a CNC plasma table.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    Each input on a BoB should have two wires. You need 3 dedicated Inputs (for UP/DOWN and ARC OK) and one dedicated output to fire the torch. Not to sure what the output for anti dive is all about though. As you stated a single parallel port MACH3 setup has 5 inputs and one has to be for E-Stop. Use three for THC and you have one left for ALL your other inputs. YOu can added a second parallel port card and another BOB and get more I/O.
    You have some interesting surprises in store trying to use this on a CNC plasma table.
    It was misleading looking at the 2 wires for each input, the Proma THC just has a single common. You'd think these instructions and diagrams would mention that each black wire going to TUP TDN and TON would go to the common. Anyway, being there is zero info on the web about these, we're going to find out what works. The 3 blacks go to ground. So far everything is functioning appropriately after working with it most of the day.

Will come back with more info. Tons of options in the controller, but not a user friendly install.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was wondering about the actual turning on of the torch is done..
    Believe it or not but I am running, very successfully an old Campbell 300 THC..

It has a small board that is located inside my Hypertherm 1250..Hooked to the Campbell THC with a serial cable..That small board is wired to the switch wires at the handle of the torch..Also that board is wired to the voltage of the hypertherm to send back to the Campbell THC..

I understand how this new PriceCNC THC gets the voltage..But how is the torch fired?? Right now on my setup, Mach sends a signal out of my second LPT port to the Campbell THC..then out of the THC to the small relay board through the serial cable..to fire the torch..

How does this unit,PriceCnc, fire the torch??

Downloads
    Uploads

How does this unit,PriceCnc, fire the torch??
    That would be a question for the THC vendor.

It will not connect though the THC Sensor card that came with your THC300

Downloads
    Uploads

I am using the Cnc4pc C11 BOB..It has 2 relays activated with pin 16 and pin 1..I guess that if I had 2 wires to the torch switch from the pin 16 relay..and Mach 3 firing that pin 16 each time the torch command is called..I think that would work!?!

Downloads
    Uploads

This card is for torch height control, to fire the torch you have to use output from motion control board. Do not use solid state relay, this is not suitable for plasma.
    https://hobbycnc.com/wp-content/uplo...Update-RKB.pdf
    https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2c759...f6d43084bf.pdf