New Machine Build What is the best THC system

Thread: What is the best THC system

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What is the best THC system

I'm going to build a new plasma machine and the torch height controller is very important.
    I'm reading all kinds of things. What I want is a controller that has anti dive capabilities that can see the gcode and ensure the torch wont dive in a corner or a tight radius. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is the best THC system

We use Tom's products, and we think his THC is the best.
    https://www.candcnc.com/
    Larry

Downloads
    Uploads

You have to have more than a THC . It has to be a complete control with the THC integrated in to be "toolpath aware" It won't do much good if the program reading the g-code is 500 ms ahead of the actual position of the machine. You can use the Cut Rules in SheetCAM to do a lot of control since its actually in the G-code BUT it would be nice if
    A. You had control software that gave preferrence to tracking (toolpath deviation) over speed and
    B. Control software that was real time and fast enough to detect the motion slowdown from a system as it approaches toolpath details that cannot be cut at full speed and instantly stop the torch dive .

CommandCNC for LINUX has VAD (Velocity Anti Dive) that is automatic and works on any shape or end of cut where the motion has to slow. CV (trajectory planning) is far more advanced than other types of control software..

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyr70 View Post
    I'm going to build a new plasma machine and the torch height controller is very important.
    I'm reading all kinds of things. What I want is a controller that has anti dive capabilities that can see the gcode and ensure the torch wont dive in a corner or a tight radius. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    UCCNC has great antidive and perfect CV planner. It also has a so called antidown feature with which you can block the downwards movement with executing a macro in g-code to temporarily inhibit the Z down THC command. This is a useful feature when the torch crossing an already cut path. Some softwares like sheetcam can automatically insert these macro calls to the cross sections with post processing.

Downloads
    Uploads

UCCNC has great antidive and perfect CV planner. It also has a so called antidown feature with which you can block the downwards movement with executing a macro in g-code to temporarily inhibit the Z down THC command.
    I totally agree, it's true.
    Antidown future implemented inside motion controller and THC OFF output signal controlled in the real time.
    Also UCCNC has a nice future for plasma. On the Arc Lost issue, motion controller in real time stored this XY position and after then gantry will stop, return on this stored position. It's allow easy restart cutting.

Best Regards!
    Andrew.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am using UCCNC 400 Ethernet as plasma control software and Neuron Lite as THC.
    Both have great features to control XY motion and especially the Neuron controls how the Torch maintains its distance to plate during cutting at any feedrate.
    If you are going to build from scratch, I suggest to using UCCNC 400 ETH + Neuron Lite. Forget Mach3 or Mach4. I have had many many problems with Mach3 especially for large g-code files. At the middle of a job, Mach3 caused x or y jump and the rest of the job was shifted few mm.

Andrew Shad had always solved my problems learning THC, Balazs helped me the first time I try to integrate his UCCNC with Neuron.

I read many posts too how Tom from CandCNC wrote long story to explain many questions about his tool.
    Jim Colt from Hypertherm is always ready to answer my questions about my Powermax 65.

I am sure this gentlemen are very important for us building plasma table.
    I suggest to not build yourself the z-axis, buy one ready to use. It is a headache part from the rest of the table and also the most important part.

Back to the topic. UCCNC + Neuron : I can have full control to the machine, the features from both make my machine just like pro bought from very reputable builder. It is now almost 2 years using Neuron, and 7 months using UCCNC. I have now thousands pierces count and still learning...

DIY 3000x1500 mm table
    Rack and pinion, Nema 34 from cncrouterparts
    Gecko G201X
    UCCNC 400 ETH
    Neuron Lite
    Powermax 65

Downloads
    Uploads

xtal,
    Which part of North Sulawesi do you live? Let me know ...

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in the same boat looking for best options on THC and there is a decent amount for good things said about the c and cnc stuff but they are from what I can see a complete system and I already have clearpath servos I want to use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

If your clear path servos take normal TTL (5V) Ste & Dir signals then you can look at the MP3600-DTHCIV front end control with The DTHCIV . Its a Ethernet motion system with a multi port BoB , with opto isolated inputs and relay drivers including a digital interface card for the plasma. If you have a Hypertherm with the rear CPC connector you can connect with one inexpensive cable Its a front end control system that comes with a preloaded LINUX PC, CommandCNC and preloaded drawing and utility programs. It has SheetCAM for LINUX loaded but you need to purchase a licesne if you don't have one. The automation posts and custom toolsets for SheetCAm are included. Its everything you need but the 4 port hub (required) and the power section and motor drivers/motors.

Downloads
    Uploads

Asuratman, I live in Bitung, 40 km from Manado. Bitung has Lembeh island, one of the most interested diving spots in the world.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

proma they have 3 different ones

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello I have THC SD model of proma and I grateful, beginning i had a problem but just was a little grounds wires that I didn't installed. it works in my plasma thermal dynamics as well as Hypertherm

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lherrera04 View Post
    Hello I have THC SD model of proma and I grateful, beginning i had a problem but just was a little grounds wires that I didn't installed. it works in my plasma thermal dynamics as well as Hypertherm
    Hi
    How do you wired it? What BOB are you using?

Downloads
    Uploads

Its interesting to see a number of commercial hardware solutions mentioned as possible solutions. If you lived in Europe the proma 150 THC with LinuxCNC might be an option but you don't. Personally, if you are making money in a production setting, you are probably off buying a real system but they are not cheap. There is a reason to this and Tom alluded to it. Plasma is a lot more than a THC. Thats just a small part of the package. The high end systems have full integration with the trajectory planner and nesting and lots more.

Of the options mentioned, I would put my money on Tom's system. He is the only one offering a complete system and he uses LinuxCNC for the motion controller which has far more power (almost infinitely more) rather than a separate motion controller board running an embedded system. Its not perfect but neither is the Hypertherm software offering according to my neighbour who just put $100k down on one

I've got no vested interest in any of these systems and use the power of LinuxCNC itself to do the THC and all of the anti dive features, kerf crossing, auto torch sampling. But there isn't a mature system available and if you can't program in C and Python, my path would be a long one for you. The time may come when you don't need any of these systems but its not now.

In the meantime, CandCNC is the best solution out there as its a blended approach that uses a combination of external hardware and LinuxCNC's architecture that has allowed to to do in software tightly bound to the trajectory planner what he can't achieve in hardware. Plus he offers a post processor for sheetcam to do your nesting and post processing. I don't think the other systems have that level of integration available and if they do, they don't have anywhere near the processing power of a real time operating system running on a powerful 64 bit mainstream CPU that CommandCNC running LinuxCNC offers.

Rod Webster
    www.vmn.com.au

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have a way to contact Neuron CNC? Their site does not have a direct access phone number, or their location for that matter. My only reservation in using one of their systems at this point, is service.