I'd like to build a 4x8 plasma table but every time I look at the options my head sp

Thread: I'd like to build a 4x8 plasma table but every time I look at the options my head sp

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default I'd like to build a 4x8 plasma table but every time I look at the options my head sp

I've been looking for a couple years on and off, I'd like to build a nice table probably similar to delusional designs table, but that should be the easy part. I don't mind buying plans but I'd rather not spend $25 on what turns out to be basic information I could find for free here, and I'd like to find an actual parts list as well as know what companies sell better components. Ebay is cheap, but do those components last? Some sellers sell a gantry kit for so much I might as well just buy an operable table.

Software...I'll than about that later.

I do have a cut master 52 with little use, not sure an upgrade to hypertherm makes sense if I have a good machine that works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I'd like to build a 4x8 plasma table but every time I look at the options my head

Build your own its not very hard since you look like you have most of the info you need

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I'd like to build a 4x8 plasma table but every time I look at the options my head

When I built my table, I studied the build threads here on the zone. Go thru a few and you'll learn what works and what doesn't. I probably changed about half of the ideas I started with when I saw something better (cheaper, simpler, etc.).

The only thing I didn't compromise on was the electronics. I went with Gecko , CandCNC , CNC4PC for the drivers, THC, and Auxilliary BOB and they have been running flawlessly. The steppers, switches, power supplies, ect. are all made offshore so take your pick. Most of the problems I read about are from the Chinese electronics although I have no firsthand knowledge of them.

Although my table is 2 x 4, you can get some ideas from my build. It is under " A Different Machine - Downdraft/water table".

Good Luck.

Willy