CNC Electronics - Where are they ??

Thread: CNC Electronics - Where are they ??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Electronics - Where are they ??

Does anybody know what happened to CNC Electronics - The company that bought the old Candcnc designs - LCTHC, etc. ??

Their website no longer works.

Willy

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Electronics - Where are they ??

They were just a back door company for CandCNC.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

You are wrong. The product lines came from several sources including the Texas Microcircuits THC300D series. The LCTHC was a discontinued product from CandCNC along with several other parallel port systems. The advent of a flood of Cheap THC's from Poland, Thailand, Vietnam, China and Russia along with a declining market for simple UP?DOWN THC's pretty much decimated the market for the LCTHC. Last time I talked to CNCElectronics their sales did not warrant pay-checks and that tends to force employees to seek other opportunities. They have closed their doors and have claimed to have no open orders

Since the payments for the product designs we sold them was never fully completed, the ownership of OUR designs is in question, but I doubt we will make any effort to recover them or to build any more. If you have an LCTHC from CNCElectronics we will honour the warranty and give (online) support. Since some of the other products did not come from us we cannot support those.

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tom, I can appreciate the fact that parallel port technology is on its way out and that you currently have what I think is the ultimate system, however, as a hobby enthusiast I have had the best of luck with the LCTHC for quite a few years now. In fact, I would buy another one in a heartbeat just to have a replacement on the shelf. Mine works so well, that I may considering using it again on my next machine. I know you can't compete in the "cheap" THC market, but I for one would continue to support the product line should you decide (or are allowed) to produce them again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, I understand. But here is the problem: We do not sell anything we cannot support at the level our customers have grown to expect. Instead of handling it like some of the other THC vendors and putting out a 3 page "manual" and refusing to take phone calls, we elected to use our resources to focus on current products and our newer popular complete controllers running on LINUX. I have two full time support people and I often have to fill in on the phones. I handle 90% of the answers on our Support Forum and all of my direct E-mail questions. That includes weekends and holidays. In short its a bandwidth issue and we cannot afford to change our warranty and support policy and ignore customers.. As an aside, when we were selling the LCTHC we expressly refused to sell it to OEM's in quantity because we knew we would be faced with helping the end user get it hooked up and running in equipment we had little or no knowledge of. Its the "throw the dead cat over the fence" approach where a dealer sells a THC uninstalled in a box (in order to sell the cheap table or kit) and tells their customer to "contact the product vendor for warranty and support".. We had several OEM's try to buy in quantity through a third party but that did not work

After more than 12 years of designing and selling Torch Height Controls we are on the 5th generation of an integrated motion control and THC. I realize that sometimes simpler is better. Remember when you used to personally sit down and write a well though out letter and mail it and wait for an equally thoughtful response? Now we have e-mails with attachments and social media and its quick and often not well though out, but its the reality of time.