High definition plasma on a phase converter?

Thread: High definition plasma on a phase converter?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default High definition plasma on a phase converter?

I posted on the hyperthrem page also but in general is anybody running a high definition plasma on a rotary phase converter? Hypertherm or thermal dynamics? Table manufactures all say yes but then plasma manufactures are a whole lot more hesitant.

Thanks
    Chris

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High definition plasma on a phase converter?

Hypertherm does not recommend the use of any of their plasma cutters on a rotary phase converter....either the inverter based air Plasma systems or the Chopper based High Definition HPRXD plasma cutters. The imperfect three phase waveform can cause damage to the power supply.....and also will be hampered by the phase detection circuitry. That being said, there are a few end users that use this equipment with a phase converter. Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com

Quote Originally Posted by cnmmfg View Post
    I posted on the hyperthrem page also but in general is anybody running a high definition plasma on a rotary phase converter? Hypertherm or thermal dynamics? Table manufactures all say yes but then plasma manufactures are a whole lot more hesitant.

Thanks
    Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High definition plasma on a phase converter?

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    Hypertherm does not recommend the use of any of their plasma cutters on a rotary phase converter....either the inverter based air Plasma systems or the Chopper based High Definition HPRXD plasma cutters. The imperfect three phase waveform can cause damage to the power supply.....and also will be hampered by the phase detection circuitry. That being said, there are a few end users that use this equipment with a phase converter. Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com
    Jim-

What about the phase perfect phase converters?

I am wanting to get a hypertherm 125, and only have single phase.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk