Need help buying a CNC Plasma machine

Thread: Need help buying a CNC Plasma machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help buying a CNC Plasma machine

Hello Guys,

I would like to start a business with a CNC plasma cutter machine, nobody is doing it in my town so I think I have a great opportunity.

I would like you to recommend me some of the best turn key systems out there. My budget is about 20 - 23K.

Thanks for the help in advance. I have so many more questions but first I would like to start with finding a good system.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help buying a CNC Plasma machine

I would highly recommend the Shop Sabre brand. I can't say enough good things about them. We purchased our table back in 2010 and we use ours for production cutting. It is a very well built unit with quality components and it is affordable. I have seen many of the other tables on the market that are in the same price range but cheaply built and would not hold up to much use. No matter what you decide I would highly recommend physically taking a look at the different brands before buying. Another advantage of Shop Sabre is their tech support. They know their product well and are always happy to help.

The other recommendation I would make is to buy a Hypertherm plasma cutter. Their products are superior to some of the other brands. The consumable life is much much better.

Downloads
    Uploads

There are a whole host of questions that you need to answer before I could make a system recommendation.
    What material are you cutting?
    How thick is the material you will be cutting?
    How much cutting are you going to be doing - 24/7? 4 hours a day? One small nest in an 8 hour shift?
    What accuracy do you want - bolt fit? Bearing fit?
    What is your nesting package?
    Do you have a ready list of customers all set to use your service so your ROI is less than 5 years?
    What is your definition of turn key?

I am sure you have thought this through and have a building that has sufficient electrical power available and you have the ability to plumb whatever gasses you need - even if it is just air - to the machine area.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do yourself a favor and check this site for a USA made table

www.StarLabCNC.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bytor View Post
    There are a whole host of questions that you need to answer before I could make a system recommendation.
    What material are you cutting?
    How thick is the material you will be cutting?
    How much cutting are you going to be doing - 24/7? 4 hours a day? One small nest in an 8 hour shift?
    What accuracy do you want - bolt fit? Bearing fit?
    What is your nesting package?
    Do you have a ready list of customers all set to use your service so your ROI is less than 5 years?
    What is your definition of turn key?

I am sure you have thought this through and have a building that has sufficient electrical power available and you have the ability to plumb whatever gasses you need - even if it is just air - to the machine area.
    And to add to this excellent post, do you have a crane or other means to load the blank sheets ?

Forklift will not do.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

At Hornet Cutting Systems, we offer a variety of high-performance CNC Plasma Cutters. Each of our machines can be configured for plasma cutting, oxy-fuel cutting or both. Check out our website to see our selection of CNC Plasma Cutters: https://hornetcs.com/cnc-plasma-cutters/

If you're interested in our machines or would like more information, please contact us at 1-844-209-5552. We'd be happy to help find the right equipment for you!