new cnc plasma build, whats needed

Thread: new cnc plasma build, whats needed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default new cnc plasma build, whats needed

I am building my own 4 x 4 table and this is what I have planned.

Computer: Dell optiplex 330, windows xp. with Mach 3. Has parallel port (computer is a freebie)

Drivers: leaning towards kl-5056 but maybe leadshine mx4660. My plans are to drive the y axis with one dual shaft motor. One shaft drives the 3:1 reduction assy. w/rack and pinion and the shaft will be connected to a drive shaft running through the gantry to the opposite side, which will be connected to 3:1 reduction assy. to rack and pinion.

Steppers:NEMA 23 570oz/in 5A 3/8 dual shaft
    High-Torque Stepper Motor, Stepper Motor, Driver, Stepper Motor kit, DC Servo Motor, DC Servo Motor kit, Stepper Motor Power Supply, CNC Router, Spindle, and other Components. Stepper Motor | Stepper Motor Driver | CNC Router | Laser Machine | 3D Prin

Power Supply: 48v12a

Plasma cutter: Hypertherm 45xp

I'm going to build my control enclosure out of a PC case.

THC: Proma THC 150

A few questons;

I kind of hit a road block with the THC. Will a C-10 bob be what I need to make the proma work or will I need a different bob.
    What else am I missing electronics wise besides the appropriate cabling and connectors?
    What is your opinion on driving the y axis this way

Drawing is still being worked on. Here is what I have so far.