Need Help! wiring proma thc-smoothstepper-everlast pp80s cnc port.

Thread: wiring proma thc-smoothstepper-everlast pp80s cnc port.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default wiring proma thc-smoothstepper-everlast pp80s cnc port.

I've been looking all over for a good description on how to wire the cnc port on the everlast pp80s, the proma thc, to the smoothstepper but cant seem to find much info. if anyone has done this, or is good with electronics id greatly appreciate the help.

everlast 80s cnc pinout- page 25- http://www.everlastgenerators.com/si...20S%202016.pdf
    proma thc- http://proma-elektronika.com/download/PDF/thc150_en.pdf

the THC has 4 outputs- up, arc ok, down, common. the up and down go to the smoothstepper and config those inputs in mach3. the common is a ground from the smoothstepper. is the arc ok configured as an input too inside mach3?

the cnc port on the plasma also has 2 pins that are "ok to move" which is also arc ok. do I connect these to mach3? leave them out?
    I'm also going with the raw voltage output from the plasma to the THC. which the manual says is pins 5-7. doesn't say which is pos or neg?

this is my first plasma build, if you cant tell lol I'm just trying to wrap my head around the plasma end of it. everything else is done, was planning to wire this last "little" bit and put fire to it tomorrow. until all this confused the hell out of me lol.

any help is greatly appreciated. ive seen the same configuration of parts on youtube working. so I know it can be done, its just figuring it all out.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: wiring proma thc-smoothstepper-everlast pp80s cnc port.

I wish i could help you but i'm stuck getting this thing to work myself.

Downloads
    Uploads

you can determine the polarity of the output with a volt meter (Fluke 87V Recommended), just run the plasma for a second. Connect test meter only after arc is established.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you use the arc OK from the THC2 it will be included in the control loop and validate the height control signals. Using the arc OK from the plasma in series with the THC2 would be a double proof of arc.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Arc OK signal can be wired in to the Mach3 as long as the system is configured to begin motion as soon as it is activated. If you do use the series option for Arc OK you should wire the THC2 arc OK out to one of the pins 10 or 9 from the Power Plasma, it does not matter which because the ok to move is a "Dry" out put signal. The other connection 9 or 10 should go to the Mach3. An arc start dry contact output relay form the Mach3 should be wired to pins 1 and 2 of the plasma to start the arc.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have everything wired up now, but the arc ok I have wired from the proma unit to the bob of the stepper. should I rewire it as you have stated? I'm just ready to get this thing to fire. I want everything done before I even make a test cut. I'm stuck once again tho. I have all my ports and pins assigned all my steppers, relay, home and limits switches all work great. but I cant get mach to read the signal from the thc for the life of me. ive been fighting with it for 2 days now. the thc on/off button on the main plasma screen wont even switch on/off for me. which may be the reason its not seeing the signal. ive tried everything I know to try. the outputs from the thc are going to inputs of port 2 on the ess. arc ok- pin 12, down-pin 11 up- pin 10. all assigned correctly in mach. even in test mode I cannot get mach to see the inputs. the thc mode is checked in the ess config. anyone have any other suggestions? I wish I had seen all the problems and lack of support for the proma before I purchased it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Where do you have the com line from the THC connected? to trouble shoot you must divide and conquer. Prove that the input you are using on the mach recognizes a signal by connecting a test jumper from input to source or sink line. Can the mach start the arc? does the arc ok contacts on the plasma close when the arc starts? Is the THC powered correctly on + and - 7 -35 volt input? Let me know what you find send a diagram of how it is hooked up. Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

so what I'm having problems with is the thc on/off on the main screen of mach3. if I bring up a fresh plasma screen I can turn it on/off no problem. as soon as I load the ess plugin I loose the ability to control that switch within mach I have thc enabled within the ess plugin config. the thc seems fine, I put it in test mode to see if mach will see the signal and it doesn't. ive created a new profile and reloaded all settings thinking maybe I clicked something I shouldn't have. loaded all my ports and pins limits all that good stuff but I still cannot activate that damn button. I have a strong feeling that is my issue. my relay triggers as it should the macro I wrote to zero the floating head and retract to pierce height works perfectly. I can proceed with any test you suggest I'm about to pull my hair out at this point lol.

I have the com from the thc going to a ground pin on the b.o.b