Wright Metal Works.. anyone heard of them?

Thread: Wright Metal Works.. anyone heard of them?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wright Metal Works.. anyone heard of them?

https://www.wrightmetalworks.com

I am new to CNC plasma, have spent the last few ears teaching myself 2d cnc on a cnc router and would like to make the move to a low cost hobby / home shop cnc plasma.

Can anyone make any recommendations? I would like THC / water table if possible.

I found the above website, does anyone know these machines???

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wright Metal Works.. anyone heard of them?

Low cost. sparse information, no details. No documentation (online) . All you know from the website it has motors.(YEA!) it has some kind of mystery controller (possibly stuffed with some cheap Chinese stepper drivers) itt connects to a PC (somehow) and runs MACH3 (obsolete) and the full kit has a THC (which could be anything from a spring and drag tip to an fully integrated THC for MACH3 . I would spend a few more bucks and either build your own from kits with a history , lots of customers and a reputation for support, or go with a name that you can get something besides a website reference. There have been a string of "popup" plasma table vendors that started out with good intentions and got overwhelmed by support or simply poor managment. Then there have been others that are pure scams and will take your money and you either get a box of junk or nothing. They prey on the bottom of the market because they know its the greenies that go for price and tend to not check things out but marvel at the web pictures and a video of a piece of steel being cut. If the price were closer to the middle market tables there would be too much information available on other units to compare. Beware of the shills that will suddenly show up, give a glowing review and gush about a product and they joined last week and its post number 1 or 2! It's your money but you are in the price zone where its real easy to get ripped off. Every business has to start somewhere but I doubt you want to be their first customer (or even the 10th) .

The fact they will take Paypal or a CC is at least SOME level but here is a story I heard a few days ago:

A guy wanting a table to setup a small business saw an add for a really nice looking table at an incredible price (around 5K) and the website was slick and said they took Paypal . The guy ordered it and got a phone call from a very professional sounding lady that told him they were refunding the Paypal because they had (as he put it) exceeded the limit of orders Paypal would allow (HUH?) He then asked how he could pay for the table and (as he said) they acted like it was not big deal if he did or not, but he could give them his banking info (checking account numbers ). He ACTUALLY DID IT because hey sounded "professional" You can't cancel a bank transfer/drafr on your account! So here he is months later with no table, no money and the website has gone inactive. Ends up the company that scammed him was a shell created by the same guy that was first Lightening CNC and later several others. He has honed his skills and he knows how to target his "pigeons" .

So Be very careful. The Wright Brothers you linked to may be 100% legit and the table may be a great piece of gear... Get more info and try more than one source for finding someone that actually bought and has one and has more than a handful of posts on any forum

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im Chris Wright owner of Wright Metal Works, I'm just commenting on this because for some reason we got dragged into this via another company or person. I have no affiliation with those other companies, and my brother and I are owner operators of our company based in Las Vegas. Yes I can see how our tables are similar and entry level, but our designs are unique to us and were working very hard to improve our products and customer service daily. I have nothing to hide or trick people here, and challenge people to contact us or follow us on social media etc. if you want to see what were about. Were proud of what we do and were very excited to participate in this industry, were taking on the challenge of offering "Affordable CNC Machines" for small business and personal use. I understand everyone has an opinion and we can respect that but please dont drag us into something unless we did something inappropriate and please give us the courtesy of contacting us directly first.

Thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhead View Post
    Low cost. sparse information, no details. No documentation (online) . All you know from the website it has motors.(YEA!) it has some kind of mystery controller (possibly stuffed with some cheap Chinese stepper drivers) itt connects to a PC (somehow) and runs MACH3 (obsolete) and the full kit has a THC (which could be anything from a spring and drag tip to an fully integrated THC for MACH3 . I would spend a few more bucks and either build your own from kits with a history , lots of customers and a reputation for support, or go with a name that you can get something besides a website reference. There have been a string of "popup" plasma table vendors that started out with good intentions and got overwhelmed by support or simply poor managment. Then there have been others that are pure scams and will take your money and you either get a box of junk or nothing. They prey on the bottom of the market because they know its the greenies that go for price and tend to not check things out but marvel at the web pictures and a video of a piece of steel being cut. If the price were closer to the middle market tables there would be too much information available on other units to compare. Beware of the shills that will suddenly show up, give a glowing review and gush about a product and they joined last week and its post number 1 or 2! It's your money but you are in the price zone where its real easy to get ripped off. Every business has to start somewhere but I doubt you want to be their first customer (or even the 10th) .

The fact they will take Paypal or a CC is at least SOME level but here is a story I heard a few days ago:

A guy wanting a table to setup a small business saw an add for a really nice looking table at an incredible price (around 5K) and the website was slick and said they took Paypal . The guy ordered it and got a phone call from a very professional sounding lady that told him they were refunding the Paypal because they had (as he put it) exceeded the limit of orders Paypal would allow (HUH?) He then asked how he could pay for the table and (as he said) they acted like it was not big deal if he did or not, but he could give them his banking info (checking account numbers ). He ACTUALLY DID IT because hey sounded "professional" You can't cancel a bank transfer/drafr on your account! So here he is months later with no table, no money and the website has gone inactive. Ends up the company that scammed him was a shell created by the same guy that was first Lightening CNC and later several others. He has honed his skills and he knows how to target his "pigeons" .

So Be very careful. The Wright Brothers you linked to may be 100% legit and the table may be a great piece of gear... Get more info and try more than one source for finding someone that actually bought and has one and has more than a handful of posts on any forum

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com
    Hey Tom this is Chris from Wright Metal Works just wanted to see if you can add to this post or update it, I understand when starting out people have strong opinions but were actually now carrying your product on our tables, we look forward to working with you guys and giving our customer base another option of entry-level and small business CNC machines utilizing your control systems. We are committed to improving and growing our business long term.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Chris,

quite a few years ago I chose Toms system (MP3000 - DTHC). At the time I did lots of Googling and what attracted me to Toms systems was.................INFORMATION !! there was plenty of it on his website and it FELT like I knew what I was getting, what the system could do, etc, etc.

I absolutely detest lack of information when we have such easy ways to give it nowadays (websites). I want to know everything the system can and can't do. I want to be able to see all the specs. I want to download any and every user manual BEFORE I buy the product. I hate having to contact the seller to find out information that should be readily available on a website. To me, any information not given / available means either the seller has something to hide or the system just can't do much.

So my advise as a customer is use your website to shout out everything you can about your product, have all the manuals available for download, etc, etc.

You have to convince your potential customer he's doing well to buy from you.

All the best,

Keith.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Hi Chris,

quite a few years ago I chose Toms system (MP3000 - DTHC). At the time I did lots of Googling and what attracted me to Toms systems was.................INFORMATION !! there was plenty of it on his website and it FELT like I knew what I was getting, what the system could do, etc, etc.

I absolutely detest lack of information when we have such easy ways to give it nowadays (websites). I want to know everything the system can and can't do. I want to be able to see all the specs. I want to download any and every user manual BEFORE I buy the product. I hate having to contact the seller to find out information that should be readily available on a website. To me, any information not given / available means either the seller has something to hide or the system just can't do much.

So my advise as a customer is use your website to shout out everything you can about your product, have all the manuals available for download, etc, etc.

You have to convince your potential customer he's doing well to buy from you.

All the best,

Keith.
    And we agree, were still a smaller company and family owned so its not that were trying to hide anything, we are just growing fast and do multiple things around the shop, I personally design and update the website as much as possible so I hope people that might be interested in our products understand that, if I dont have the specific information your looking for give us a call or email I can get it asap for you. Im also trying to find a balance of providing enough info to not over complicate things since most of our customer base is very new to this process and we find that most of them simply want a plug and run system and to have someone to call or contact when needed. Really appreciate your feedback and please check back as we will be adding a lot of good information and info often.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is nothing against startups or small companies. This market (entry level and small shop CNC tables) has ,over the years, been plagued with companies that have sold tables (some of them good, some of them bad ) that found they could not support their products, or simply decided to do something else and abandon their customers. We get calls almost weekly from table owners that can't get support and have tables they can't use or get parts for. Market credibility is like good credit. Its earned over time.

I can verify that Wright Metal Works has taken delivery on multiple units from us (the latest LINUX/CommandCNC(tm) units ) and they are offering them on their website as an option. The buyer can rely on the fact that regardless of the vendor they can get support on our Electronics, High Speed DTHC and CommandCNC software. We honor our warranty on our products to the end user (24 months) , and we have phone support for units under warranty. We offer an affordable repair option for units up to 5 years after the last of that model has stopped shipping. We have multiple forms of online support both for in and out-of-warranty units. We ask the user to first contact the table vendor for support but if that fails, or if they are told by the vendor to contact us because it is not something they can answer, then we are the backup level of support. We have been in business since 2004 and selling complete controllers since 2006. We have thousands of units in the field. So if you want detailed info on the LINUX/CommandCNC system you can visit our website and find videos, manuals, software/firmware updates and feature lists. Our Support forum is open to all CNC builders and users and gets monitored on weekends and holidays too.

Chris is making moves in the right direction and hopefully will grow the company using a proven formula: Build a good product and respond quickly to support requests.

This is not an endorsement of a particular mechanical design or vendor.

TOMcaudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: Wright Metal Works.. anyone heard of them?

Quote Originally Posted by wrightcnc View Post
    Im Chris Wright owner of Wright Metal Works, I'm just commenting on this because for some reason we got dragged into this via another company or person. I have no affiliation with those other companies, and my brother and I are owner operators of our company based in Las Vegas. Yes I can see how our tables are similar and entry level, but our designs are unique to us and were working very hard to improve our products and customer service daily. I have nothing to hide or trick people here, and challenge people to contact us or follow us on social media etc. if you want to see what were about. Were proud of what we do and were very excited to participate in this industry, were taking on the challenge of offering "Affordable CNC Machines" for small business and personal use. I understand everyone has an opinion and we can respect that but please dont drag us into something unless we did something inappropriate and please give us the courtesy of contacting us directly first.

Thank you
    Hey Chris -

I've been trying to get a hold of your team for 3 months now needing a little help with getting my table up and running. I'm starting to feel a little scammed as I've tried your website, email, phone (so many times), social media, etc.
    I'm wondering if you have an interest in helping a customer with some basic needs to complete their transaction with you.

Thank you,

Nic