Need Help! Proma THC Works in Test Mode, Not While Cutting. (videos included) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proma THC Works in Test Mode, Not While Cutting. (videos included)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Proma THC Works in Test Mode, Not While Cutting. (videos included)

I think it is the board that is the issue, I just ordered a new board few seconds ago and when I get it in and hooked up next weekend I will let you know if it works which I think so because someone else here is using it and it works and has been a tremendous help.

Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

forgot to add yes I can get lights to light up in mach 3 diagnostics but no movement on Z axis but time will tell if new board works

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bought new relay and breakout board, another member here helping me and am gonna build it the same as his setup so stay tuned will up date later down the road.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are getting the inputs into MACH the BoB is doing what it should. Wrong rabbit hole.

Downloads
    Uploads

Chris, when you press the page up and page down key does the Z axis move up and down? Do you have the settings set like this attached Pic? Proma THC Works in Test Mode, Not While Cutting. (videos included)-proma-thc-jpg

www.decalpro.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I have done all that even had someone from this forum spend all day over the phone testing different stuff it's like this bob will not allow it to work, even went to the extreme of ordering I think it is a c25s board that plugs directly into the ESS and ran drive and Z axis wires trying to get it to move and it will not move ad that s changing pins up in mach3 and all. It's like the bob is not letting it move. The person I talked to he told me the bob he is using and has gotten the THC to work so I ordered what he has which is a c10s bob and will wire it the same as his, everything else is the same I have that he has. This system was ordered from cncrouterparts.com and even the little I can get out of them they don't use this bob anymore because it must have been problems trying to get the thc to work I assume. This system is fine for plasma and routing but at soon as I added the THC is where all these problems we got. My friend who wired this passed away April20 so we been at it almost a year trying to figure it out and get it to work, been very frustrating but learned a ton.

Downloads
    Uploads

When you are using an ESS its not like using a conventional BoB. There are specific inputs that the ESS handles DIRECTLY then tells MACH3 about it later. BoB are pretty simple devices. Where it gets complex is where you have a BoB talking back though an ESS and its all done in the magic of software. The BOB is not actually connected to MACH at all. The THC has to be handled directly by the ESS since there is up to a second delay between MACH sending the motion codes and the ESS actually sorting it out and moving the motors. So if you tried to use the THC logic inputs in MACH there would be a really bad delay in the position of Z and the signal to tell it to move. So you have MACH3 time and Real Time and THC has to live in Real time. Getting different products to work together is a challenge even for an experienced builder. Then when you have no single point of support you end up in a circular firing squad. Learning has value. You just have to decide what that is versus the time you have spent.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: Proma THC Works in Test Mode, Not While Cutting.

{[QUOTE=snowdaze;1842218]I discovered I had the wires on the THC unit for THC GND, THC UP, THC DN mixed up. (bad wiring diagram for break out board)}

Can u explain the wiring problem of your previous one and also the new one?
    am facing same problem like u but sometimes the torch goes too far (opposite to dragging material). am trying to work this out for over 2 months but no solution.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12