Hourly Rates

Thread: Hourly Rates

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hourly Rates

No that i'm investigating the merits of buying a die sinker i'm stupified on the extremes people charge on die sinking.
    To cover my bases i got quotes from 4 diffirent companies for the same component. Company A quoted 50 bucks, company B quoted 260 bucks, company C quoted 150 bucks (negotionable) & Company D a whopping 800 bucks......

Wow!!!! Is all i can manage to say.....

Klox

Similar Threads:
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hmmmmmmm.......

I'd definetly go w/ company E

PEACE

Downloads
    Uploads

Klox:
    Did you get line-item breakdown quotes? That, with your own estimate of what the job is worth could lend some guidance.
    I have noticed that really low end and really high end quotes (in any field) happen for only two reasons: 1. the bidder doesn't understand the job; 2. the bidder doesn't know the difference between a burro and burrow.

robotic regards,

Tom
    = = = = =
    "Errol Flynn died on a 70-foot boat with a 17-year-old girl. Walter has always wanted to go that way, but he's going to settle for a 17-footer with a 70-year-old."
    - - Betsy Maxwell Cronkite

Klaus

Klox,

Did you ask them for their hourly rate? That way you can compare easily their estimated time of work to be done. Do not forget also to include the cost for the maufacture of the electrodes.

Klaus

Downloads
    Uploads

[i]Originally posted by ToyMaker
    2. the bidder doesn't know the difference between a burro and burrow.

robotic regards,

Tom
    Oh,Oh
    I know-I know

PEACE

Downloads
    Uploads

Guys,
    The idea is that i supply the electrodes & the jigs. All these guys have to do is to set up the job, put in the electrode and spark.
    The guy that quoted 50 bucks got an old chinese edm. His work is above average. The guy that quoted 260 bucks, got a swiss machine and does exellent work. The guy that prepared to negotiate on 150 bucks are prone to mistakes. The most expensive guy, well i don't know him and he won't give me trade referances (scary!!!).
    In my opininion it would take about 1-2hrs to spark a key way of 6x3.5x35 mm key in 316 stainless. It is 630 cubic mm of material to remove in one go. No finish sparking involved.

I'm sorry i did not gave you guys these info from the start, i think it would change the whole ball game now....

Klox

*** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Klaus

That amount of material can be roghed out in about an hour. Add another 15min for setting up and you have total time required for the job.

Klaus