Free Plasma Table Plans - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Free Plasma Table Plans

Downloads
    Uploads

Im not aware of any 'free' torchmate plans, but I could be wrong. If there is such a thing, I'd like them myself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No they are not plans but the complete setup. I was debating on buying one or building one. Thanks Josh

Downloads
    Uploads

Im not sure what you mean. AFIK The torchmate's are either a 'kit' that you bolt together, or a fully constructed machine. But the kit still costs a few thousand dollars. Did you mean the plans at the start of this thread?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes. I was thinking about building a cnc plasma from these plans on this thread but wasn't sure how hard it is. I don't have any experience with a cnc plasma. I am going back and forth on buying a torchmate setup or building my own. That was what i was talking about. Hopefully that makes sence. Have you built your own cnc plasma? Thanks Josh

Downloads
    Uploads

Nope Im afraid not, but it's on my 'to do' list.
    Unfortunately the list is quite long so I won't be any help in the near future! Building my first cnc router at the moment. But there are a lot of people on this site who have built their own and Im sure will be more than willing to help. Maybe start your own thread to ask for advice and let others know of your progress.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

josh
    i will send some in a few minutes. Most everything is pretty easy to learn to learn including the software.

There is also a lot of help here
    have fun
    mike

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks like a really nice machine. The yellow color is awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dale: The paint comes from China.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Plans

Great plans Mike , Thanks for making them available to the users of this site along with all the support you have already provided!
    regards,
    Dick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike, would it be possiable to start a new page here or somewhere for you to put all the best "of's" for this table? I mean like the different drives, the electronics, or for that matter anything you may be able to buy more than one style of! See I'm a machinist/welder/fabricator/old'fart/Great lover,,,,,lol,,,and many more things, but a good buyer I'm not as I usually find out I bought the wrong thing after I get it home,,,,lol,,,Again as many have praised you for your work and for being so kind as to share,,,,THANKS many times,,,,,,I'm a CNC mill and Lathe shop trying to get into CNC cutting I just can't seem to get all the info to stay in my old mind you see. I have to figure out which type of cutter I want also, see I'm told that the plasma won't cut very deep and I'll need that. I'm also told the flame cutter will cut deep and a laser will also, then someone will say a water jet will also work but it has high maintance cost,,,,,someone please help an old'fart with all the pros and cons in one place so I and others don't have to spend what few days we have left looking for all the info needed even tho you have given a lot it's spread over many post,,,,,thanks again Mike for your work and kind heart,,,,My sit is www.hitectool.com where I show just one of our many projects we work on here at Hi-Tec Tool, Phone numbers and emails there also.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sc6chuck9
    that would be possible. As far as the different type of cutting goes, they all have their place.

One of the coolest setups I have seen combines a plasma and a flame cutter in one table. He just chooses which cutter he wants.

Nice site makes me want to get back to some of my other progects.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Mike: I saw one of the combo units (It actually was a torch and router combo) but they built it so the carriage on the gantry went down both faces (front and back) and the plasma was mounted on one side that router on the other. Seperate Z slides and motors but they had a plug so they could swap the appropriate motor to the Z axis Gecko. On this one, they had split the table (8ft cutting area) and could use one end for routing and the other for plasma or with a change of the cutting surface use the whole table for either. That approach would work for plasma and oxy. All you would have to do is have the table be a little longer than the cutting area and be able to offset the table zero depending on the type cutting.

Downloads
    Uploads

That sounds like such a simple and good idea. It'd remove all the problems of switching around the entire setup between plasma and router.

Would there be many software problems with changing around the zero for the two tools since one would be further along the Y axis?

Does Mach have a setting so that you can set up your limit/home switches with two alternate settings....or would you even need to do that?

Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just setup two copies of Mach.

Tom the one I was talking about is here in Wa. and uses the THC1000. It cuts parts as good as some $100000 machines out there.

I will get some pictures the next time we're over that way and post them.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks guyes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great setup! I was hoping some of you would have suggestions, prices and sources for plasma cutters that could work with this machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible to build one cheaper but still keep the quality? I am looking for an alternative to a plasma cam that would be for just sheet-metal stuff.
    Thank you for your time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have not built one yet, but I can't see why not. I think a lot of it will have to do with what kind of cutter you want to use to cut your sheet metal with.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

you should be able to build one for 5000 t0 6000. Depending on the plasma and controls you pick. How well it works depends on the care you take putting it togethor.

I have seen several that are as good as any commerical machine in the $20000 range.

How big a table are you looking at?
    mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been been making some mods to the machine. Here are some pictures of a new cabinet I am building. It houses the controls and computer and yes it does work.

It is up and cutting and there is now a THC 1000 from Cand CNC installed.
    sorry the pics arent that good
    mike

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Free Plasma Table Plans-dscn1819-jpg   Free Plasma Table Plans-dscn1826-jpg   Free Plasma Table Plans-dscn1821-jpg   Free Plasma Table Plans-dscn1825-jpg  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast