Free Plasma Table Plans - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Plasma Table Plans

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tigman
    Very nice site. Cool stuff you are building.
    mike
    ps: Bruce I am getting closer

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks Mike....I can't wait to get started on this. It'll be a while due to other comitments. You guys have any more pics? Hey 67lsrs same here, but I think I can make it out. My table won't be as big, it's still up in the air on the size. I'm thinking a 4'x4' table. If I ever upgrade to a bigger shop then I can always build another.....my shop is a 24' x 36' New England Gambrell style barn. It's a descent size shop but it's filling up quick......

Tanks by Tigman
    /Chassis design
    www.tanksbytigman.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike,

I'm a new member to the cnczone and man I love what you guys r doing. Plans are very detailed and helpfull.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm also interested in building a CNC Plasma table but for some reson I have been unable to access page 3 of these posts. I keep getting an error mesaage when I try to get to post numbers 43 and 44 where I understand the plans are available.

Do the plans include recommendations for the drivers, stepper motors and othe electronic items? I understand angle iron and nuts and bolts, but I'm electronically challenged.

Is there a site (or forum here) where I can come up the learing curve from my localtion here in the sub-basement of knowledge to get a picture of what components are needed to CNC a plasma cutter.

Thanks all for your consideration, Doug

Downloads
    Uploads

I keep getting an error mesaage when I try to get to post numbers 43 and 44 where I understand the plans are available.

No problem here, with page #3

Jerry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doug
    send me your email address and I will send prints. I can help you with the electronics or whatever. let me know what I can do.
    mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cost

does anyone know what it might cost to build this machine complete?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is my estimate and I built it for less.
    1. Mach software $159
    2. Sheetcam $150
    3. THC1000 $689
    4. Enclosure,servo motors,wiring, power supply, limits, encoders, 3 ea. Gecko320s $1650 (all wired and set up)
    5. Metal for Frame $300
    6. sheetmetal for slats $80
    7. rails and bearings $1000 (got to do some ebaying)
    8. Aluminum $150
    9. Fan for Plenum $200
    10. Sheetmetal for Plenum $90
    Total $4468

add $1000 for misc
    add $1500 for a good torch

Keep in mine this price has a THC and software

hope this helps
    mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mike. I got smart (almost) and downloaded the info on those posts on page three of this thread on to a CD at work. I say almost smart because I did have to come home to get my CNCZone password to access this site from work. I now have my password written down and carry it with me and it's also on my flash drive.

So, I have the plans in spite of the fact I still can't access page three of this thread - I get a 504 Error, Gateway Timed Out message.

Sooo......... I'll be in study mode on the plans even though I don't even have a plasma cutter as yet. And, I'll need a new air compressor as my thirty year old five horse one has it's tongue hanging out trying to keep up with a die grinder.... I live at 8500' MSL here in Colorado.

Mike, thanks again for offering to send the plans to me and thanks to everyone here for your guidence and inspiration. Keep those pix and posts a comin'.

Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike,

In your costs, you reference a THC1000 which I cleverly determined is a Torch Height Control...... I hope. With a Torch Height Control, I'm guessing the Transfer Ball Bearings at the Torch are not needed. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dugg
    that is correct, you don't need the transfer ball if you use the THC
    mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Plasma Table Plans

I'm new to CNC, however have been doing plasma cutting by hand for several years. I searched high and low for plans as "store bought" is way out of my interest. Besides half the fun is building it yourself. I'm looking forward to opening the files and digesting the design. The thumbnails look great. Any pictures of the machine you could email me would be greatly appreciated.
    Doug

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Doug
    send me your email and I will send you some as soon as I get back in town.
    mike

Downloads
    Uploads

mlaws and 70cyclone, fantastic plans, thanks. I've tucked them all safely away on my hard drive for future referance.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Great plans

Hi Mike,
    Just like to say, great plans, very generous of you to post them for all. The machine pictures look great.

And I really love to see a machine that can be made from mainly sheet type fabrication, rather than cnc milling to death, because this is the type of machine that we can make with even fairly modest resources.

A great project.

PS We always found to get a really smooth edge on plasma cutting the gas pressure combination and cut speed always found a sweet spot. By doing lots small test cut circles changing the air pressure by a psi or two at different speeds you will find that perfect speed for that clean edge. I see you have a THC also. The height can also make or break a really clean dross free cut.

Thanks Mike

Dom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will be doing a post on setting up and wiring a THC 1000 by CandCNC pretty soon. It will be interesting to try different setting. I want to try to take a video if I can figure out how.
    mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mike, I'm the guy that got this all started, ha ha, I have been away from the forum for a while, my other hobbies take up allot of my time, I have to take off my hat to you because I think it's wonderful how much time you have spent helping everyone here sharing your knowledge and experience of building this table. There's not many people willing to give this kindof information out for free. Most of the people I deal with are some rough customers and it is nice to know there are still people like yourself in this world. Thanks very much, Hotrodwillys (Dave)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello mlaws72 thank you for the plans.just one question can i motify it to a 52x108 table .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks dave.

joe it will work fine, just add a leg in the middle of the long axis.

Also this weekend I am starting to convert my over to the THC1000 by CandCNC. I will be posting pictures and a wiring diagram.

This is the best control system for a plasma I have seen.

We will also be helping build three tables locally. All three tables will be 4x10 and will be used commercially. So stay tuned for new plans.
    mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello EVERYONE!!! I just joined this site and i must say that this is sweet! Everyone seems to be very helpfull!! I came across this site because i got an idea that i would like to have my own CNC plasma. I am currently building my classic truck. I have built a custom tube chassis and i am tired of using my hand held plasma to cut out the steel then grinding then doing some more grinding to make my brackets. I was originally looking at the torchmate ones but I thought they are a little expensive for what i am looking for. I was thinking about building one from these plans but was wondering how hard is it with no experience with a cnc plasma. I can easily cut and weld and fab up almost anything as long as i know what i am trying to build. If that makes sence? Can someone email me the plans for the DIY kit. I couldn't download them or my winzip wasn't working right. Here is my email. abadsvt@yahoo.com Thank you very much!

Josh

I more thing. How hard is the computer program to learn? thanks

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast