Plasmaroute CNC Blaze2 CNC machine review - Page 4

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasmaroute CNC Blaze2 CNC machine review

Downloads
    Uploads

Well Billy I'm sure thats not the first lesson you are any of us will learn like that. No it isn't here yet. Maybe by Friday if it ships tommorow. Got my fingers crossed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did ya get ur machine yet?

Downloads
    Uploads

Not Yet!!! I had to go out of town this week so I had them hold it till I can get back in town on Friday. That was hard to do being how bad I want to get it. I will be putting everything on hold when it comes to get it up and running though. This will be a very long week for me trying to get to Friday.

Downloads
    Uploads

How is your table doing Billy? I hope im not disappointed with mine.Its the 3/8 plate im worried about but the A80 is supposed to handle it no prob.The production cut size on it is listed at 1/2.

Last edited by Alleykat; 04-02-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    JMD-18 CNC Converted & PlasmaRoute Blaze HD 4x4
    Ran by very custom dust covered cpu's

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alleykat table is working great when i get to get out there and fire it up. I haven't checked out any different thicknesses of metal yet but that is on my list and your right the a80 better cut at least up to 1/2" or im gonna be mad also. had to work Saturday so i didn't get to play much,dangit seems like since i got the machine i haven't had any spare time to play . Diverdude i feel your pain hope the week goes quickly for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

getting familar with machine.Saving on material,i laid em on a sheet of printing paper so u can tell bout what the size is. Imported 2 jpep files into 1 and the texas with longhorn came out great. Now i gotta play with different thicknesses of material and hope my machine will cut what it says it will.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plasmaroute CNC Blaze2 CNC machine review-cutouts-800x598-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like your catching on quick Billy, let me know how those A80's work, I already had a Cutmaster 52 that I dropped off while I was there but I'm already thinking if it gives me any trouble cutting thicker stuff of going up to a bigger one, was looking at jumping straight to the A120. Just will have to wait and see. Book says mine will cut 1/2" clean. Will have to see.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good! What thickness are those?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well alleykat i am still working with 14 gage. Hopefully this Saturday after work maybe i can get out there and see if i can see how thick i can cut,haven't played with the tool part yet to see if i can set up a different tool to cut thicker material,hopefully it won't be too much of a learning curve. Diverdude i have a Miller 375 and knew i wanted way more that that so i'm hoping i got one big enuff this time lol. I just hope i can get out there and play with it this weekend with no interuptions. i've got this a80 wired direct to the breaker [its only 70 amp] may have to change the breaker to a 100 amp. But right now only cuttin the thin stuf so its workin good.May have to run to town and get that bigger breaker. The company that i work for just got a new table,can't remember right now the brand,but that sucker is huge,i'll have to get the measurements on it and the brand, I heard it ran a 100 thousand for it. i think its a ezroute not for sure though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Billy J. View Post
    Well alleykat i am still working with 14 gage. Hopefully this Saturday after work maybe i can get out there and see if i can see how thick i can cut,haven't played with the tool part yet to see if i can set up a different tool to cut thicker material,hopefully it won't be too much of a learning curve.

Diverdude i have a Miller 375 and knew i wanted way more that that so i'm hoping i got one big enuff this time lol. I just hope i can get out there and play with it this weekend with no interuptions. i've got this a80 wired direct to the breaker [its only 70 amp] may have to change the breaker to a 100 amp. But right now only cuttin the thin stuf so its workin good.May have to run to town and get that bigger breaker. The company that i work for just got a new table,can't remember right now the brand,but that sucker is huge,i'll have to get the measurements on it and the brand, I heard it ran a 100 thousand for it. i think its a ezroute not for sure though.
    I hope I have enough juice at the shop to power the A80 too.I know its 30-80 amp usage so hopefully the 80amp is for when your cutting some 5/8 which I will never do!

And for $100k i would have opted for a waterjet not a plasma!

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm with you on that allycat, I would have went water jet to.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm resisting calling to see what number I am now.

Just went to local cutting shop the other day and got charged $400 for $50 worth of metal.Aghh kills me thinking how close I am to getting my table.

Downloads
    Uploads

Called today, mines on a truck, somewere between there and here. Tracking says it will be here next Wednesday. I'll be waiting in the driveway like a kid at Christmas!

Downloads
    Uploads

Nikki called me today and said mine is done. Wanted to schedule me for class & pickup next week.You can say I'm a little excited.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Now that's great news for both of ya'll. Ya'll will probably have more time to work with em than me. Diverdude i was gonna get on here this morning and remind ya it was Friday and then i seen your post that sayed its still in route. I've been spending my time playing with artcam after work hours trying to keep my mind fresh with it. Messed with sheetcam a tad last night creating a new tool for 1/4" material,maybe it'll work we'll see. Maybe i can make one for 1/2" tonight and hope it'll work saturday after work. Now when ya'll get the machines home don't forget to post your trials and errors so i can absorb more knowledge. i know i need all the help i can get lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

Will do. I might be in the same situation as you Billy. Buy the time it gets here I will be so busy I might not have time to do anything with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't looked at any of the programs at all.My friend is an ace at anything CAD since that's his full time job.

He did acquired the high level MasterCam recently and has been watching video tutorials on it.Just gonna dump the Artcam express that's included with it.Hes pretty pumped about getting the table next week.I'll get my lessons from him.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So when ya going up and pick up ur machine Alleykat? Wished i had a freind like that,would be a big help for sure. Diverdude only time i can get out to work with it in real time is on saturday afternoons. Think i have to many irons in the fire lol.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well here's something i made for my brother,he's way into longhorns lol. And it was done in 1/4" material. Lot of cussin went into the makin of this simple thing lol. It's 20"widex7"tall. Machine didn't have any problem cutting it out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plasmaroute CNC Blaze2 CNC machine review-2circletxwelcomeresize-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Billy, that looks mighty good for just getting started, I hope mine come out that good. right now I'm watching the shipment tracking like a hurricane forcast. right now its sitting in a trailer in Memphis. Yea, I got it bad. Keep the pics comin.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast