Plasmacam, Torchmate, Samson and so on

Thread: Plasmacam, Torchmate, Samson and so on

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Plasmacam, Torchmate, Samson and so on

Plasmacam, Torchmate, and Samson are some of the systems I have found so far that seem like they are worth a look.

Is there a list of the commonly available (lower priced) plasma CNC systems, what they come with, what they need, as well as an idea on the basic pricing?

I had assumed, and verified that they all (not the huge/expensive commercial units) require a basic computer and plasma cutter, but they are evasive on even the most basic info on prices.

Plasmacam even had one that you could assemble the basic framing to save $$$ on the over all system.

Other than the price on some of the Torchmate systems, and a few numbers rumored on some web sites about what some say they paid, they all want you to call a salesman.

The 2X2 $3000 and 4X4 $4000 for the gantry are not bad as you can adapt another table and fabricate the remaining parts your self.

I $ee that the co$t of the proprietary $oftware is an i$$ue though.

Anyone know about the possibility of using open sourced like FastCut does with the Torchmate?

Any info on the other systems would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by archangel; 05-30-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: more info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hello?

Anyone?
    Bueller?
    Ferris Bueller?
    Ferris "WELDER" Bueller?

Out of all those out there who have purchased them surely someone has to remember what they paid for it, or if not what they were quoted.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a PlasmaCam 4 x 4 DHC2 with a Hypertherm Powermax85 plasma.....I also have a Torchmate 2x4 with a Powermax45.

Both are great machines......come equipped with the necessary software for drawing parts as well as for simple nesting of parts for efficiecy.

The PlasmaCam comes with an integrated height control and sells in the $10K range, has a 4 x 4 cutting surface. The Samson is essentially the same machine, but has a 5 x 10 cutting surface, and sells in the $16k range. These prices are without computer (standard PC with a parallel port) or Plasma or fume control system

The Torchmate 2 x 4 with the factory water table and height control is under $7k, again without computer (laptop) or plasma system. Torchmate makes a wide variety of models and sizes.

These are both great machines....have easy to learn and use software, and compared to the major industrial brand machines are a small fraction of the price. When shopping for low cost machines.....be sure that they are quoted with a full function torch height control.....necessary for best performance with a plasma cutter in terms of cut quality and consumable life....as well as automatic operation.

You need to call the respective company sales departments to get the latest and most accurate pricing....

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Downloads
    Uploads

Archangel,

I am a little late responding in this thread, but I do have quite a bit of knowledge about cnc plasma cutters. I am a mechanical engineer and I have designed 50+ different cnc tables. I have a passion for cnc plasma cutting and I enjoy designing equipment.

I own a company called Precision Plasma LLC and we supply gantry kits to different OEMs as well as sell gantry kits to DIYers.

There are many different ways to build a cnc table and there are trade-offs with every decision. The question is: What is most important to you?

Cost, open source, industrial vs. hobby, technical support, size.

Once you determine what is important to you, then you can figure out which manufacturer would be the best value.

For instance, if you want multiple people waiting to answer any question that you have, that costs money and will be reflected in the cost.

Let me know the size of table, budget, and how much use the table will see, and I can give you some options on what companies to investigate further.

Best Regards,
    Ron Chacich

Downloads
    Uploads

Default High Quality Low Cost CNC Plasma Table Option

Assuming that you didn't want to build your own plasma table, here is an option for a high quality 4x4 table with digital torch height control for under $5K.

This is a high quality table utilizing extruded aluminum rails with hardened v-guides, hardened v-guide wheels, 1/8" sheet metal frame that is powdercoated, 1/2" machined aluminum plates, machined wheel and gear covers with rail wipers/oilers, and a high quality Z axis with floating torch switch for touch and go plasma cutting. The slats are not included since the 1/8" x 3" HRS is more expensive to ship than to purchase locally.

A stainless water pan with integrated slat holders is also an option, but we also suggest using our print and sourcing locally to save money.

The only way to get a table of this quality at this price is to purchase the mechanics and electrical package seperately. The recommended electrical package for use with this machine is the Bladerunner AIO 300-4 with Dragon Cut Digital Torch Height Control from candcnc.com.

In this senario, support from the mechanics would come from Precision Plasma LLC and support for the electronics would come from Candcnc.com. This seperation is what reduces the cost.

Costs:
    Precision Plasma LLC bolt together kit $3450
    Candcnc.com Bladerunner AIO 300-4 Dragon Cut $1250
    Sheetcam and Mach 3 software package from candcnc.com $299

Total $4,999 + shipping

If you were interested in welding up your own frame, you could build a 4x4 table for under $4k and a 4x8 table for under $4.5K

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know that if you look at my post count in the corner this is number 1. I run another forum dedicated to ATV/UTV mud ridding.I read here all the time but never joined until today.I do appreciate the knowledge that is shared for free.I will continue to read and learn.So thanks.

So I hate this to be the first post but it is negative and positive...

I have been shopping plasma tables for 3 weeks trying to decide and my head has been spinning..So after some thought I decided that I was going to get a plasma cam because of the great price and it seemed to work. I read positive and negative reviews..So I called today got a price for the equipment.I then secured the money and called back to talk about purchase on Monday.I was told that he had to send me the order form but could not send it to me until I put a 500$ deposit down..Red Flag 1....He said it had options,,so I asked what options...z axis...was told its all there but for the software unlock its 1k...then said that there was a option so that you could move a 4X8 on a 4x4 machine and reindex it..1k...at this point I was done..I asked why I had to pay for this when he quoted me a price earlier and never mentioned this..DVD made it sound like it was all inclusive...remember I secured the amount quoted on the phone..He told me that they are not allowed to say anything until the order is placed. This made no sense to me..I refuse to do buissines with a company that does this...

I called Tom at candcnc..I will say that I spent an hour on the phone with him and never felt like I was being misled..It was impressive that when I called he talked to me and never seemed put off.He answered all my questions and gave me 10 times the information that I needed. I actually believe that after talking to him and talking to Plasma Cam and Torch Mate and others I was being led to what I need not what they thought that I needed.Tom never talked bad about these companies but gave me information that was critical. I want to say thank you to Tom and I will be calling him Monday with my order. I have emailed precision for the gantry and await the response. I had lost the excitement in getting a new toy and became frustrated. So Tom if you make it down to Houston I will take you and the wife to Dinner just for being a down to earth honest guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tom is a great guy....and a straight shooter! I have both the PlasmaCam and the Torchmate 2x4 machine.....will be getting a machine with CandCNC ellectronics and software before much longer as well.

Jim Colt

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Great Service

Ditto on Tom, I purchased a system a few years ago and it's been flawless. Tom has excellent customer service and his products take the frustration out of building a machine. Once less thing to deal with.

Mick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been going back and forth with Ron at precision trying to get me set up with the correct Gantry. I can not say enough for these 2 guys already. I am looking forward to getting everything...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I purchased a gantry kit from Ron, and a electronics package from Tom, and cant say enough great things about thier products, and even more about thier service! It allowed me to build the table of my dreams, at a price I could afford. Thanks again guys!!!

If every business operated with such great attributes, the world would be a better place!
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/precis...ladrunner.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So I got everything ordered and paid for today...now the wait..I will go ahead and get the metal for the table next week and start the build...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default LIMAC CNC Plasma

LIMAC also manufactures very good plasma machines in China

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our table has been up and running for a few months and again I want to thank Ron and Tom. I have had problems of my own course that they have both helped to set me straight on. I ordered a new hypertherm 85 and the wiring and new controller that will adjust voltage automatically. Very excited. here are a few things we have run. I will put cut quality up against any machine out there twice as much.