Roland Camm3 NC control - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roland Camm3 NC control

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!

The software is all of the Roland range, virtual modela, modela player, 3d engrave, 3d design, 3d text etc.etc.

They are legal to give for free now!

Still need info on the dip and dil switches?

I also have some other software, which I will digout for you and send to you if you are interested, (it is only 2d though)

Dan :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am interested in the switches. One bank says FONT. I have no clue about them. all of one bank are set one way and all of the other bank are set the other way.

3D Engrave is the one a friend gave me that installed properly.

It was either Virtual Modella or Modella player that had a bug in the install. I'll have to check.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have

DR-Engrave
    Roland Edit
    ModelA
    VModlea.

DR-Engrave installed and ran on the computer. I have not connected the laptop to the CAMM-3 as yet, so I am not sure how they work together.

The Roland Edit did not seem to have anything to install, nor any program. it was just a bunch of (dot) class files.

I am wonderng what program would be the best for making things. Most of my stuff will be cutting out shapes and drilling holes.

Dave

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Arrrrr.....

I'm trying to use DR-Engrave and create cut-outs for a NEMA23 stepper.

I need to make a flat oval that is 0.187" dia on the ends, and have a cut-out between the holes. I cannot get the relife to cut the slot, it wants to cut everything around the slot....

Also, I could not import a DXF file. That seems to be a bit of a problem as well.

Any suggestion ?

I'm looking at downlaoding the VCarve-pro demo to see if that helps.

In additin, I could not get vertical walls. everything had gently sloping walls.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

QUOTE]So basically, if any one needs any info (dil / dip etc.) I could give you a photocopy of the manual etc. etc. (not got all of it)[/QUOTE]
    a copy manual would be great! could you scan and post it or would mail be easier for you?[

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am talking to a guy in Minnesota who was considdering making a copy of the manual but he wanted about $30 to cover copying the manual and mailing.

As I understand,it is a small phone book in that it has programming language section(s) and such.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all...
    I have an old CAMM-3 PNC-3000 which have never been used much.
    I guess I'm pretty lucky compared to some of you as I have all original manuals.
    Unfortunately it have been a while since it was last used, and I'm looking for software to do a bit of engraving?
    Can anyone be kind and send me copy of DrEngrave or likewise?
    All other programs are welcome as well...
    I have earlier used AutoCAD LT98 with the latest roland driver. Works fine, but that computer have seen better days by now so I need something that will work on Win XP.
    Thanks,
    Valdemar

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Hi all...
    I have an old CAMM-3 PNC-3000 which have never been used much.
    I guess I'm pretty lucky compared to some of you as I have all original manuals.
    Unfortunately it have been a while since it was last used, and I'm looking for software to do a bit of engraving?
    Can anyone be kind and send me copy of DrEngrave or likewise?
    All other programs are welcome as well...
    I have earlier used AutoCAD LT98 with the latest roland driver. Works fine, but that computer have seen better days by now so I need something that will work on Win XP.
    Thanks,
    Valdemar
    You could try our group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAMM-3/

Any questions, just ask!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TomGray View Post
    My father bought a Roland PCN3000 mill. We downloaded the Modela Player software from the Roland web site, along with two simple design programs. We've been able to produce an engraved name plate, but to do more than that we need to be able to import .dfx files from our CAD program. We're using something called 'Bobcad'.

We haven't been able to convert the bobcad .dfx files to a version that Modela Player will understand (the Modela Player help file says it will work with autocad version 12). We've downloaded a drawing converter and converted our bobcad .dfx files to autocad version 12, but still no luck.

Let me know if you want more info on the Roland software.

Tom

Tom, We downloaded the Modela Player software from the Roland web site,
    but the ingraving program is only doing haft of the name on the plate then it error out. can you help ??? what where the two designs programs you loaded

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Driller View Post
    I am interested in the switches. One bank says FONT. I have no clue about them. all of one bank are set one way and all of the other bank are set the other way.

3D Engrave is the one a friend gave me that installed properly.

It was either Virtual Modella or Modella player that had a bug in the install. I'll have to check.

Dave
    dave, We downloaded the Modela Player software from the Roland web site,
    but the engraving program is only doing haft of the name on the plate then it error out. can you help ??? what where thefont switches set too?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Hi Driller!

Do you mean the DIL switches at the back??
    If you do they are for setting the settings for parralel and serial ports, e.g. stop bits, parity and baud rates etc.

I don't have the diagram on me at the mo, but It's at home in a paper wallet next to my machine, so when I get back around 6:00 i'll scan it in for you.

Anyone need legal software to drive any roland machine?
    CAMM1, CAMM2 and CAMM3??? All models!

Just let me know if you need it to get you started.
    The software is really easy to use and gives great results.

Tom, We downloaded the Modela Player software from the Roland web site,
    but the ingraving program is only doing haft of the name on the plate then it error out. can you help ??? what where the two designs programs you loaded

Driller, I made a chuck with a 6mm shank, so I could hold any tool e.g. drill bits and dremel cutters etc. Perhaps you might want to give that a go? Only for light tools, etc.??

I'm currently working to make my machine cut 2 and 4 sided objects, by using a self centering vice, which I need to make. Anyone made one before?? Anyone want me to make them one? (After mine is up and running???)

Dan, We downloaded the Modela Player software from the Roland web site,
    but the ingraving program is only doing haft of the name on the plate then it error out. can you help ??? what where the switches set too.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=danielbriggs;181448]Hi!

The software is all of the Roland range, virtual modela, modela player, 3d engrave, 3d design, 3d text etc.etc.

They are legal to give for free now!

Still need info on the dip and dil switches?

I also have some other software, which I will digout for you and send to you if you are interested, (it is only 2d though)

Dan :-)[/QUote

dan, We downloaded the Modela Player software from the Roland web site,
    but the ingraving program is only doing haft of the name on the plate then it error out. can you help ??? what where the dip switches set to for parallel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAMM-3/

this is the group, might be of help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Camm-3 pnc3000 spindle control

I am trying to do diamond drag engraving with my camm3, but I need to turn off the spindle.
    I have tried using dip switch no.7 on sw1 - no effect
    I have edited the plot file to include the motor control command !MC0 or !MC1but I am not sure how to correctly use it.- I get error code, cannot find any programming style references to follow.

Arby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12