Need Help! What Limits the number of code blocks?

Thread: What Limits the number of code blocks?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What Limits the number of code blocks?

Hi! can anyone out there givew me some information? I run a SWI AGE3 Mill which is really a 2 1/2 axis machine but will actually operate all three axes simultaneously either from G Code or from it's own Helix and Ramp functions. If I load a CADcam program it can only handle 2050 blocks of code which does not get me very far today.

My thought is that the limiting factor is the amount of RAM, so I should be able to increase this to increase the number of code blocks that the machine can handle. Am I barking up the wrong tree on this one ? So what is the answer?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you not drip feed it from your pc via a serial port? That's what I do with my TNC355 for anything remotely complicated.

Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Downloads
    Uploads

RAM is usually the reason and drip feed is one approach to overcoming the limitation, perhaps the best approach.

The other approach is to edit your g-code to eliminate wasted space. There are G-Code editor functions to knock out comments and extraneous spaces, for example, mostly to try to get the code size down as small as possible.

I will eventually add these functions to my G-Wizard G-Code Editor, but not for a while.

Cheers,

BW

Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html