Software ideas needed....

Thread: Software ideas needed....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Software ideas needed....

I am new to this forum. I have been lerking for a couple of weeks now and just signed up today. I can't seem to find what I am needing help with. I am new to the cnc world. I am the only programmer my company has. We have 2 mills and 3 lathes. The newest is a QT200 640T fusion. We only have several hundred hours on it.

I am looking for some software that will allow me to program from my desk and create layouts/setup sheets per program. Our goal is to network all of these machines to one pc. We use a generic setup sheet now that is lacking to say the least. I have been designing and making tools for years. I use auto/cad and Bobcad/cam now. Mostly for wire EDM work. We have several hundred programs on file that need to be on setup sheets. Problem is that we run the same jobs on 3 different machines that require 3 different setup sheets. Our mills are mostly used for second operation. All of are lathes are just 2 axis machining. Any help or sugestions on software would be great. Nothing that we have will even read the files coming off the Mazaks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Txshane,

Welcome to the forum.

First question:
    Are you running Mazatrol and / or G-Code on the QT200 640T Fusion control?

It makes a big difference on the software you will need to load and save your programs with.

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use both. I don't use g-code unless I have to.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have 4 lathes and 4 mills what i do is put the set up at the head of the program that way you can have a print out of it and it is in the machine as well it works very well for us if you have 2 different machines just make side notes in the setups, as for linking them you need a good comunication software with the amount of machines you have you can use i com. and get a switch box and just set all your baud rates the same, now if you want to spend the money you can get wireless coms. witch i think is a better way to go i havent forked out the money yet but i plan to "i use Multi DNC for my comunications i like it it has back plot, time est., calculator there are several to choice from

individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Downloads
    Uploads

from what I'm understanding is that you want to be able to post tapes for all machines at once

and have a setup sheet for each machine as well

so an operator can call up a part number and receive the proper tape and setup sheet for the machine being run

is this correct

Downloads
    Uploads

do these machines have network capabilities

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just purchased Camlink for the bargain price of five arms and six legs. Any input from current users would be great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Camlink can do the file transfers. We use it all the time.

It costs us six arms and legs. You got a good deal on it

Connect it to a standard PC serial port. Do not try to use a USB Serial add-on box with it.

Wayne Hill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Feature cam post well and supplys all the neccesary paperwork i have camlink and Featurecam and use the cam

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is interesting to see what you are going thru. Since 2007, I would love to hear how you are doing, if you are still at this company, etc. We have setup sheets for a few Mazaks but create setup sheets seperate from the CNC's